Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
There's the required leverage....

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...4621352961
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:39 PM)omahen Wrote: Coop clearly said he is connecting dots, so don't panic.

For the record, if the Mavs get Hayward I will DANCE AROUND MY MAVS FOAM FINGER FOR AN HOUR THEN HIGH FIVE MY DIRK FATHEAD FOR ANOTHER 90 MINUTES STRAIGHT. 

You jokers who are starting to "panic" must hate the Mavs...and freedom...and ice cream...and puppies.

We only hate you. <3
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:42 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Can we please have Rubio back???

This the same thing, only better, my guy!

More expensive...but better, and an even better fit!
Hayward mustache versus Rubio man bun.  We lose either way.   Actually if Hayward comes to Dallas, I would be happy with that.  I want to keep Seth and Maxi though.
Like Reply
Another angle. Bulls trade for Walker who then makes LaVine expendable. Bulls might be more win-now mode and thus open to a Mavs package of role guys and picks for LaVine?
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:51 PM)Tyler Wrote: There's the required leverage....

[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:51 PM)cow Wrote: We only hate you. <3

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply

Dear Hawks, we gave you Trae and an additional second rounder for your pick. Now please save us from ourselves. Signed, Mavs.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Another angle. Bulls trade for Walker who then makes LaVine expendable. Bulls might be more win-now mode and thus open to a Mavs package of role guys and picks for LaVine?

What would Bulls have that Win now Celtics need? WCJ? Markannen? #4 pick? Combination of all? They don't have a playmaker worth mentioning. Porter would fit the salary requirement nicely, if Boston can use him as PF. I don't think that makes LaVine expendable at all.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Dear Hawks, we gave you Trae and an additional second rounder for your pick. Now please save us from ourselves. Signed, Mavs.

They're only raising the price for whoever gets him, tbh.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Another angle. Bulls trade for Walker who then makes LaVine expendable. Bulls might be more win-now mode and thus open to a Mavs package of role guys and picks for LaVine?

Would so prefer Lavine to Wayward that it's not even funny.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:51 PM)cow Wrote: We only hate you. <3

Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Dear Hawks, we gave you Trae and an additional second rounder for your pick. Now please save us from ourselves. Signed, Mavs.

You're saying we have to give even more assets for the "privilege" of Hayward.

I'd melt down, but I'm too sad right now. Mavs, please make me wrong.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:56 PM)omahen Wrote:

What would Bulls have that Win now Celtics need? WCJ? Markannen? #4 pick? Combination of all? They don't have a playmaker worth mentioning. Porter would fit the salary requirement nicely, if Boston can use him as PF. I don't think that makes LaVine expendable at all.

Ya I haven't thought it all the way through. Not sure what the Celts would be getting back. Like do the Celts have a need for LaVine at all? I am not sure why the Celts are shopping Walker. I thought he was a great fit last year.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Or they actually want Hayward, but exploring all options.

Maybe Ainge offered a S&T framework around: Dedmon + Collins for Hayward + our three first round picks. Collins would be a great fit for Boston and Hawks allegedly are hesitant to extend him next summer.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You're saying we have to give even more assets for the "privilege" of Hayward.

No. To squeeze more DOLLARS out of the new team on the contract. 

Look, Boston already KNOWS he's leaving. This rumor leak is a reminder to the teams negotiating with Hayward that he can just sign with Atlanta. 

THIS IS A FREE AGENT SITUATION, NOT A TRADE SITUATION. 

You guys are all trying pour your cereal into the milk carton. Bass Aackwards.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:49 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs are going to get Green and Hayward somehow. So much fail!

FIFY
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 06:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:

Dear Hawks, we gave you Trae and an additional second rounder for your pick. Now please save us from ourselves. Signed, Mavs.
https://media.giphy.com/media/13Ev9571xt8Bdm/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 07:01 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Or they actually want Hayward, but exploring all options.

Oh, the Hawks absolutely want Hayward. We've been hearing that for a while. Obviously, he would just opt out if that's what HE wanted. No need to get the decision deadline extended.
Like Reply
(11-17-2020, 07:02 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 06:58 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You're saying we have to give even more assets for the "privilege" of Hayward.

No. To squeeze more DOLLARS out of the new team on the contract.

Look, Boston already KNOWS he's leaving. This rumor leak is a reminder to the teams negotiating with Hayward that he can just sign with Atlanta.

THIS IS A FREE AGENT SITUATION, NOT A TRADE SITUATION.

You guys are all trying pour your cereal into the milk carton. Bass Aackwards.

If he comes here on a gigantic contract as opposed to just a really big one, it's going to be all the more difficult to finish the team (cf. my "starters" treatise against Hayward from a few pages back).
Like Reply
They are actually chanting BOOO-URNS.
Like Reply