Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
https://twitter.com/Rachel__Nichols/stat...3662266368

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status...1528411137
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:14 PM)Tyler Wrote: How many players does Houston have to churn through before they come to terms with the reality that the problem has always been Harden?

If Harden is a problem, he's a problem 29 other teams would like to have.  

Perhaps their style of play and over-reliance on Harden ISO ball is what keeps them from winning a title.  I dont get the Harden hate other than people get annoyed by how he draws fouls.  Would you say Charles Barkley was the problem on teams he was on?
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: #18 for Rubio

[Image: RawGraciousGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-s...ricted.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
It's hard to believe the Suns will part with #10 so either they probably are which is why we are only hearing ab this 1 trade or the total package OKC is going to get in a multi-team deal is going to be better than what other teams could offer. That is to say even if OKC gets the Sun's next year's pick they will get some piece for Rubio and a pick for Oubre.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think y'all are making this too complicated. Mavs DO want Oubre and are probably trying to use 31 to get Oubre while dumping Wright in the process.

I don’t understand how it makes sense to you to A) believe the rumor about which teams are involved while B) conveniently ignoring the part of the rumor where the specific Dallas assets mentioned were DFS and #18. 

Like, I can buy you just saying “I don’t believe this” but to completely morph it into a narrative that isn’t anything like what’s being leaked seems odd to me.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"loki", I’m fully aware that Blake Griffin isn’t really a desirable player at this point, but I have a feeling Houston would be THRILLED to turn Westbrook into him. They’d be losing the talent swap, but at least the gained piece fits with their franchise player.
I think Houston would be thrilled too. I only mention Griffin as an example of the type of contract they would have to eat to have a prayer of finding a trade. There aren't many contracts that fit the bill.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 09:19 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think y'all are making this too complicated. Mavs DO want Oubre and are probably trying to use 31 to get Oubre while dumping Wright in the process.

I don’t understand how it makes sense to you to A) believe the rumor about which teams are involved while B) conveniently ignoring the part of the rumor where the specific Dallas assets mentioned were DFS and #18. 

Like, I can buy you just saying “I don’t believe this” but to completely morph it into a narrative that isn’t anything like what’s being leaked seems odd to me.

Right so Dallas involvement can be true but DFS and #18 being involved on its face seems to be a stretch unless we are getting #10 in the deal. Just doesn't make sense to me. What does make sense is Dallas trying to get Oubre out of the deal.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:26 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 09:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: #18 for Rubio

[Image: RawGraciousGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel-s...ricted.gif]

this is what I’m here to prevent, my dude. I’ve got you.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheTacoKing2/status/...3003316225

Like Reply
18 and DFS for Rubio = Mavs losing a trade.

Amiwrong?
Like Reply
Who is the source for this 18/DFS business again?
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 18 and DFS for Rubio = Mavs losing a trade.

18 + DFS for 10 = Mavs winning a trade

Why do we keep ignoring @"DanSchwartzman"?
Like Reply
[Image: 7ca34749-doncic-rubio-getty-images-625x375.jpg]

PREPARE YOURSELVES
Like Reply
I still don't think we could get Oubre and #10 for DFS, Wright and #18. It might be more realistic we get Shamet instead of #10. So:

OKC: Wright, DFS, Beverly, #18, #10
Pho: CP3
Dal: Oubre, Shamet
Clippers: Rubio
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: 7ca34749-doncic-rubio-getty-images-625x375.jpg]

PREPARE YOURSELVES

Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:31 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: 18 and DFS for Rubio = Mavs losing a trade.

Amiwrong?

Talent for talent...it's close. I think the Mavs lose by a bit, yeah. I think the vomit inducing reaction is mostly about fit though.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

18 + DFS for 10 = Mavs winning a trade

Why do we keep ignoring @"DanSchwartzman"?

18 + DFS for 10 is fine and a win for the Mavs. 

What I'm not buying is that not only will be get 10 for 18+DFS but we'll be able to dump a negative value Delon contract and pick up Oubre for free in the same deal.  That's where it gets too lopsided/homerish for me.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:39 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: What I'm not buying is that not only will be get 10 for 18+DFS but we'll be able to dump a negative value Delon contract and pick up Oubre for free in the same deal.  That's where it gets too lopsided/homerish for me.

Exactly
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 09:36 PM)omahen Wrote: I still don't think we could get Oubre and #10 for DFS, Wright and #18. It might be more realistic we get Shamet instead of #10. 

exactly this
Like Reply
Luka for Ayton, BOOK IT! I heard a rumor somewhere by this guy who has a thing so I know it must be true!
Like Reply