Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Fish here
(10-17-2020, 12:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 12:41 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:
(10-15-2020, 10:39 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: A few of the old guard that I remember:
Ron (good call on the Lil' Nash Rambler fif) had incredible debates with G.A. (Gary A'Dornato), keven was from Florida and went mia after one of the hurricanes, Matt was from Australia and started posting when the Mavs got Chris (the best running big man in the NBA) Anstey, W.A.B. (Arkie Boy), scott, and TMav made their way here or there, David (as mentioned by scott) was nuts 

RIP WAB

Did WAB pass?

Unless I misremembering the name. He was an older guy right? 
His daughter (or maybe it was another poster) came on and posted his obituary and then talked a minute with us about how much he loved his Mavs community. 

That may have been another poster but I thought it was WAB.
Like Reply
That wasn't WAB!!
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 03:23 PM)fifteenth Wrote: That wasn't  WAB!!

Who was it?
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 03:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

Who was it?

0k, I feel bad because I'm having trouble remembering his name. Was it OldTimeNBAer? Someone at LMF had that name and it's in my head because I think the fellow who passed away had a similar name.
Like Reply

Who was it?
NBAJunkie...his daughter posted as JunkiesDaughter...

I enjoyed his posting...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 04:11 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Who was it?

0k, I feel bad because I'm having trouble remembering his name. Was it OldTimeNBAer? Someone at LMF had that name and it's in my head because I think the fellow who passed away had a similar name.

OldTimeNBAer is still doing a good job posting over at LMF.  And I liked NBAJunkie as well, over at db.com
Like Reply
I knew I was about to get it wrong
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 04:41 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I knew I was about to get it wrong

I even think WAB is on this site or something.
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 04:56 PM)chaparral Wrote:
(10-17-2020, 04:41 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I knew I was about to get it wrong

I even think WAB is on this site or something.

haha... My bad. Got the wrong name. I really enjoyed WAB post and I enjoyed NBAJunkie's post too (if that's who it was) so I guess that's how I merged them together
Like Reply
WAB posts here
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 07:59 PM)fifteenth Wrote: WAB posts here

I'm just going to start saying random people around here have past away.

RIP fifteenth..

How can I make this my signature?
Like Reply
RIP fifteenth indeed!

I've been buried with Jesus in his death and raised with him to walk in new life!
Like Reply
(10-17-2020, 11:42 PM)fifteenth Wrote: RIP fifteenth indeed!

I've been buried with Jesus in his death and raised with him to walk in new life!

Perfect springboard. Thanks fif.

Lets talk about Luka's tattoos and how we need Pastor Barnes to bring him to the light!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-18-2020, 01:53 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Lets talk about Luka's tattoos and how we need Pastor Barnes to bring him to the light!

LOLOLOL

I'd rather talk about evolution
Like Reply
(10-15-2020, 10:39 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: A few of the old guard that I remember:
Ron (good call on the Lil' Nash Rambler fif) had incredible debates with G.A. (Gary A'Dornato), keven was from Florida and went mia after one of the hurricanes, Matt was from Australia and started posting when the Mavs got Chris (the best running big man in the NBA) Anstey, W.A.B. (Arkie Boy), scott, and TMav made their way here or there, David (as mentioned by scott) was nuts But THE TROLL before Richard was JackEckoff - that dude was brutal. There was a guy, PepperFletch maybe, that always signed Peace and Fried Chicken from the DMN to LMF transition.
Ah, the memories. I looked myself up, supposedly I joined the LMF board in 2004, but I recall posts regarding Gary Trent and Erik Strickland. I always wondered about keven, I enjoyed his posts.

Unfortunately, one year I joined a LMF fantasy basketball league and it came down to the last day of games to determine the league championship. I was leading in several categories, including Turnovers, but trailing in others, such as points. So I actually benched a number of my turnover-prone players thinking that was a better strategy instead of chasing points, which I thought I was unlikely to win anyways (tanking!). keven was really hot at me as I recall for benching my players, and said I was cheesy and therefore the league was cheesy (that might have been FK, actually). Not a great feeling to have two great posters who aren't happy with your tactics. I stood my ground and would still do it again, but we didn't have a great exchange. Unfortunately, I never saw him post again that I recall and so I am sorry we left things that way -- I was wondering about him during the hurricanes.

Ron was a curmudgeon - he was all about war of attrition and tough-nosed basketball. Gary was very folksy and conversational. FK was esoteric and great, and keven was very principled. I still feel more comfortable posting over there but I enjoy the conversations here, too.
Like Reply
LOL.

Got my morning laugh out the way now.

People passing away left and right on this board. Sad day.
Like Reply
RIP Flame!!!
Like Reply
RIP Flame...  she was the queen.
Like Reply
(10-21-2020, 09:32 PM)DaRiv Wrote:
Ron (good call on the Lil' Nash Rambler fif) had incredible debates with G.A. (Gary A'Dornato), keven was from Florida and went mia after one of the hurricanes, Matt was from Australia and started posting when the Mavs got Chris (the best running big man in the NBA) Anstey, W.A.B. (Arkie Boy), scott, and TMav made their way here or there, David (as mentioned by scott) was nuts But THE TROLL before Richard was JackEckoff - that dude was brutal. There was a guy, PepperFletch maybe, that always signed Peace and Fried Chicken from the DMN to LMF transition.
Ah, the memories. I looked myself up, supposedly I joined the LMF board in 2004, but I recall posts regarding Gary Trent and Erik Strickland. I always wondered about keven, I enjoyed his posts.

Unfortunately, one year I joined a LMF fantasy basketball league and it came down to the last day of games to determine the league championship. I was leading in several categories, including Turnovers, but trailing in others, such as points. So I actually benched a number of my turnover-prone players thinking that was a better strategy instead of chasing points, which I thought I was unlikely to win anyways (tanking!). keven was really hot at me as I recall for benching my players, and said I was cheesy and therefore the league was cheesy (that might have been FK, actually). Not a great feeling to have two great posters who aren't happy with your tactics. I stood my ground and would still do it again, but we didn't have a great exchange. Unfortunately, I never saw him post again that I recall and so I am sorry we left things that way -- I was wondering about him during the hurricanes.

Ron was a curmudgeon - he was all about war of attrition and tough-nosed basketball. Gary was very folksy and conversational. FK was esoteric and great, and keven was very principled. I still feel more comfortable posting over there but I enjoy the conversations here, too.

Da Riv what you remember prior to "registering" was from the old SportsOnly.com board. That to me was the glory days... the migration to the current LMF board didn't really hurt membership but the vibe was truly different IMO.
Like Reply
Don't tell anyone here, but I made an account and posted at LMF Big Grin
Like Reply