Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Rockets
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: HOU (41-24) @ DAL (40-28) | 149-153 OT loss
Seth and Luka combining for almost 50% from the FT line. Just make your free throws and all the other stuff wouldn't matter in crunchtime. 

We were spoiled with having Dirk and Jet, who could both ice a game at the FT line with a small lead.
Like Reply
Mavs are legit choke artists. They will continue to be until Luka becomes a good outside shooter. I would say this is among the most consequential regular season losses in franchise history. Locked into the 7th seed now. I just hope the team can finish their bubble games with a .500 record, including the playoffs. If not, I fear for their state of mind next season and their ability to make the playoffs. There are lot of talented teams knocking at their heels. What a horrible choke.
Like Reply
You just can't miss that free throw Seth. As frustrating as it is to watch this team have the game winning plays made against them for the 17th close loss this year...we don't lose if we make that one free throw.

My wife and I were discussing how much giving up the lead to these ex Thunder players reminded us of what Dirk and company did to them, coming from behind, when they were young. Youth is not served in the NBA and never has been. Weird stuff just happens in the end until you learn how to do that to the other team.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
We have to have something from Seth, our best free throw guy is 3-6 and missed all his shots from the floor.  Missed the icing FT.  Gave it away.  KP was fouled on the 2pt put back a the end of the game.
Like Reply
I just realized Seth foul out, which would explain why Trey Burke had a lot of play in the 1st half. 

I understand a Coach always wants to trust players, and in turn, for players to trust themselves, but if the player you substituted for is having himself phenomenal game with all time confidence, then dont sub back him with someone thats at low confidence. Seth's eyes when he went to the free throw told me he was gonna miss.

You put your OT lineup with a squad that was already losing in morale. Coach should of mix the lineup with a few backups in OT to lift up.
Like Reply
We fully deserved this L. Letting Roco get that putback was inexcusable. I was right that the effort here would be questionable, defense was bad all day on both sides. Now we're almost locked into the 7 seed, might as well just play the rest of these as tune ups
Like Reply
Too many mistakes, due to poor coaching. Same old story.
Like Reply
1. Horrible defense. Mavs have absolutely no chance winning any serious game playing defense like this. 20 turnovers Mavs, 9 turnovers Houston! 4 Mavs scored over 20 points (2 over 30), in the end 3pt % dropped to 42 % (but it was over 50 % in the middle of the fourth) and it still wasn't enough, because we are just giving away too easy baskets.
2. For me this is again a proof how this team needs a veteran presence of guys, who know how to close a game. Missed free throws, not being able to collect a rebound that bounced directly below the basket, last second desperation step back threes,...
3. Wright was again absolutely terrible. Not just offensively, but also defensively. Everytime a step too late. Not being able to guard his guy either it was Rivers, Russ or Harden. 
4. Seth didn't have his day offensively. Again it was proved he is a liability on the other end.
5. DFS was somehow lost. Wanted to do too much on offense at times. Not being able to even bother Harden.
6. Burke, KP and THJ had great offensive games. Luka was so so. Many mistakes, but he also took a beating. Missed free throws.
7. Harden needed 20 shots for his 49 points. Russ had 30 shots for his 31.
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 11:17 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Seth and Luka combining for almost 50% from the FT line. Just make your free throws and all the other stuff wouldn't matter in crunchtime. 

We were spoiled with having Dirk and Jet, who could both ice a game at the FT line with a small lead.

I can remember plenty of games where Luka's missed free throws jeopardize the game. Something about standing unguarded to make 1 point puts Luka off. Seth, usually makes his FT's when his had a great game, not today.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...8602180608

https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...6381954048
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 11:27 PM)omahen Wrote: 1. Horrible defense. Mavs have absolutely no chance winning any serious game playing defense like this. 20 turnovers Mavs, 9 turnovers Houston! 4 Mavs scored over 20 points (2 over 30), in the end 3pt % dropped to 42 % (but it was over 50 % in the middle of the fourth) and it still wasn't enough, because we are just giving away too easy baskets.
Let's just put it this way. When you score 85 in the first half you shouldn't lose.

That first quarter was a layup line. Only good thing about this one is Trey Burke might be a revelation
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...7927863296
Like Reply
Yeah this was an ugly basketball game despite the high scoring. The Mavs and Rockets don't care about defense anyway but it's evident when they play each other. They are willing to just let it turn into a shootout with plenty of open threes and layups. 

It's like they know they're so similar to each other that there's no point in playing defense.
Like Reply
What an embarrassing choke job. Rick doesn't get these guys fired up during the half we always come out limp as a wet noodle. What's more his reputation as a master of in-game adjustments appears to have eroded with the years as well. In addition to inexplicably going away from Trey when he was absolutely smoldering, he is getting dragged for not subbing in Boban for the rebound during those last free throws by Harden.
Like Reply
Luckily I went away before the 2nd half and only watched this unfold on the highlights. Great game Seth Curry 0% from the field, 50% from the line. Also Boban 6pts, 5 rebs, +7 in five minutes. The only reason you sign Boban, the basketball player, is to see whether he can exploit the other team on offense more than he gets exposed on defense, but yeah what do I know.
Like Reply
(08-01-2020, 01:06 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: The only reason you sign Boban, the basketball player, is to see whether he can exploit the other team on offense more than he gets exposed on defense, but yeah what do I know.

Like Mavs defense could be worse Smile
Like Reply
I know Luka had a triple double, but it was about as empty of a stat as can be. He had a terrible game. 8 TO's, 5-9 from the FT line, 1-9 from three....Terrible. Also the shot he took at the end regulation had about a 0% chance of going in with the way he was shooting.

DFS, Seth, and Wright were equally as bad.

Outside of Luka and KP, this team lacks championship talent. Most of the guys on this team would be 7th men off the bench at best on championship team. A talent upgrade is desperately needed to reach the next level.
Like Reply
(08-01-2020, 02:24 AM)omahen Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 01:06 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: The only reason you sign Boban, the basketball player, is to see whether he can exploit the other team on offense more than he gets exposed on defense, but yeah what do I know.

Big Grin

(08-01-2020, 02:25 AM)Playmaker Wrote: I know Luka had a triple double, but it was about as empty of a stat as can be.  He had a terrible game.  8 TO's, 5-9 from the FT line, 1-9 from three....Terrible.  Also the shot he took at the end regulation had about a 0% chance of going in with the way he was shooting. 

Outside of Luka and KP, this team lacks championship talent.  Most of the guys on this team would be 7th men off the bench at best on championship team.  A talent upgrade is desperately needed to reach the next level.
Mavs have done really well with Seth, Kleber and DFS and everybody knew that almost immediately. Just like people knew that Wright signing was very questionable. Franchise competency matters, Memphis and Toronto have plenty of it. Neither cared to keep him.
Like Reply
(08-01-2020, 02:35 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 02:24 AM)omahen Wrote:

Big Grin

(08-01-2020, 02:25 AM)Playmaker Wrote: I know Luka had a triple double, but it was about as empty of a stat as can be.  He had a terrible game.  8 TO's, 5-9 from the FT line, 1-9 from three....Terrible.  Also the shot he took at the end regulation had about a 0% chance of going in with the way he was shooting. 

Outside of Luka and KP, this team lacks championship talent.  Most of the guys on this team would be 7th men off the bench at best on championship team.  A talent upgrade is desperately needed to reach the next level.
Mavs have done really well with Seth, Kleber and DFS and everybody knew that almost immediately. Just like people knew that Wright signing was very questionable. Franchise competency matters, Memphis and Toronto have plenty of it. Neither cared to keep him.

Seth, Kleber and DFS are good bench players but they are playing way too large of roles on this Mavs roster.  None of those guys start on championship teams.
Like Reply
(07-31-2020, 09:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 08:59 PM)Hypermav Wrote: It was the best of quarters, it was the worst of quarters...

A miracle that it is tied with how bad Luka looked at times and with how stupid Harden has been.

(07-31-2020, 08:59 PM)mtrot Wrote: Boban the Giant can't help it if he's the biggest and strongest!

LOVE that RC is trusting him against small ball.
+7 in 5 minutes.

Did he even get on the court in the 2nd half?
Like Reply