Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
4 80.00%
Spurs
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 66: DAL (39-27) @ SAS (27-36) | 109-119 loss
It's a wrap.....
Like Reply
Luka needs to be in post with white on him

Fire Cause only hope
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 08:47 PM)Hypermav Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 08:46 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: Aldrige fouled Boban twice, no calls both times.
Agree

Not just fouls.  Karate chops!  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Its tough enough to endure this loss..
And I have to look at Derrick White??
Like Reply
No bsll movement 7th seed and sweep coming

Then maybe Mavs can get some real changes
Like Reply
Now we are down to Luka and KP jacking up hopeless 35 foot threes.  This is just a pathetic offensive effort.  Terrible playing tonight.
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 09:14 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: No bsll movement 7th seed  and sweep coming

Then maybe Mavs can get some real changes

Hopefully Giannis commits long term to the Bucks this summer so we can move on and make some upgrades 
Would suck to just come back with this exact roster next year
Like Reply
Another game that it's not on the coach, not on the refs. It's on our MAX guy that reverted back to his struggling days from early in the season. 7-32 on the last 2 games. 1-13 from deep. Hope he gets his mojo back or we won't win a single game come playoff time. Also Jackson and Boban are 3rd stringers and shouldn't see the court in the post-season. I guess Maxi is still feeling the effects of guarding Zion, because his games after that are trash.
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 09:17 PM)mtrot Wrote: Now we are down to Luka and KP jacking up hopeless 35 foot threes.  This is just a pathetic offensive effort.  Terrible playing tonight.

It is what coach wants
Like Reply
hate to say it but i called it. i hope mavs get someone worthwhile with the draft cause obviously we are gonna get wrecked in the playoffs. only team we might have a chance against was houston but that ship has sailed. We have choked so many games this year, the same exact way and rick says the same exact thing postgame and then does the same exact thing next game. We're lucky this season to make playofffs, aint gonna happen next year when SAS gets their draft pick, GSW comes back, pelicans, memphis, portland and phoenix will all most likely be better than us health considered.... especially since we dont play our big men and prefer to let everyone else get hurt defending/grinding and trying to score against bigger players all the time.

Just like Dirk was a good rebounder but was best with a rebounding C, KP or Maxi alone dont cut it late. When we you see it. And Luka ball looks like harden ball and it sucks. You can pencil Denver as a loss since we wont play big (unless we are just unconscious from 3). The offense is stale and needs revamping but thats beating a dead horse.
Like Reply
Spurs got hot, enjoy the higher draft pick.

(03-10-2020, 09:17 PM)Jym Wrote: Hopefully Giannis commits long term to the Bucks this summer so we can move on and make some upgrades
I am for this.
Like Reply
@"dmavs4life03"

Did not want to quote so much. You have watched the game. What happened when Boban was on the floor? He could not score in the post and the Mavs were killed on defense.
What was the problem today? Mavs could not stop penetration and started to scramble on defense. They overplayed help defense and gave up open looks from the weak side. It´s not like Aldridge dominated the Mavs in the paint. He scored 24pts on terrible efficiency. That´s what the Mavs want.
Rebounding wasn´t the problem either. Spurs as a team have 5 off rebounds.
Going bigger was not the solution today. The Maxi/KP lineups and Maxi/Boban lineups were outplayed. Spurs stretched the floor and made their shots. Mavs could not defend the perimeter. The single big lineup with KP was the best today.

You complain about things that were no problem today.
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 09:18 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Another game that it's not on the coach, not on the refs. It's on our MAX guy that reverted back to his struggling days from early in the season. 7-32 on the last 2 games. 1-13 from deep. Hope he gets his mojo back or we won't win a single game come playoff time. Also Jackson and Boban are 3rd stringers and shouldn't see the court in the post-season. I guess Maxi is still feeling the effects of guarding Zion, because his games after that are trash.
I call BS on that.  Boban scores more easily than any other Mav, and vacuums up loads of rebounds.  Just because he got stripped a couple times tonight does not change that.  They can coach him up on how to prevent that.
Like Reply
Now they can tank tomorrow and rest everyone. 7th seed most likely, 8th seed at worst...doesn't matter, they will win 1 game max in the 1st round. It will be easy for the Lakers or Clippers to expose us in a 7-game series. I just hope a few playoff games are close
Like Reply
The Mavs have no commitment to an inside game, and that is not going to work in the playoffs.  Jacking up 30 foot three pointers is not going to work.
Like Reply
The end of the third was not the issue it was tbe start if 4th with Lee getting minutes , no Wright in the 4th is absurd

Things won't change here until the cancer is gone in RC

(03-10-2020, 09:29 PM)mtrot Wrote: The Mavs have no commitment to an inside game, and that is not going to work in the playoffs.  Jacking up 30 foot three pointers is not going to work.
Bingo
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 09:29 PM)bartlettbear Wrote: The end of the third was not the issue it was tbe start if 4th with Lee getting minutes , no Wright in the 4th is absurd

Things won't change here until the cancer is gone in RC

Because Lee really screwed up in those minutes....
He played solid defense. Stole the ball and drew a clear path foul. Made both FTs. Was subbed out early and wasn´t even on the floor when the Mavs gave up a big Spurs run.
Every time I read your posts I question my sanity. Did I watch a different game?
Like Reply
(03-10-2020, 09:24 PM)mtrot Wrote: I call BS on that.  Boban scores more easily than any other Mav, and vacuums up loads of rebounds.  Just because he got stripped a couple times tonight does not change that.  They can coach him up on how to prevent that.

Our problem is on the defensive side, always was and Boban's offense is fine, always was. His defense that is really bad. Combine the fact that he played with Doncic and Jackson and you can see why we couldn't get a stop. Guy has to foul to get back in position, every team he has been into it's the same story, very efficient and all. Do you really believe he should be on our 8-9 and even 10 man rotation over a good defensive player like WCS? 

Doncic/Curry/THJ/DFS/KP/Brunson/Lee/Wright/Kleber/WCS this is our team come playoff time (if we're going 10-man).
Like Reply
Bad loss Sad

1. Spurs were kept in the game early by hitting some really tough shots
2. Luka and THJ carried offense again with solid contributions by Maxi and DFS. 
3. With all the injuries our bench is really weak. OMG Wright is one bad PG. Really reminds me of DSJ with his dribbling.
4. Defense fell apart last 20 minutes, as we received 60 points. 
5. I want KP back - what happened to him!? He can't buy a bucket, looked terrible on offense for a second game in a row. While Indiana played excellent defense, San Antonio was just leaving him wide open...
6. Opponents are apparently allowed to whack Mavs over their hands and refs consider it all ball every time...
Like Reply
Without Curry (and Brunson and Powell) playing, KP can't be that bad.  Hard to win with just two guys.  Lot less margin for error with all the injuries.
Like Reply