Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR & 5.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Bulls
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 62: DAL (37-25) @ CHI (20-41) | 107-109 loss
Luka flat out can't shoot. I really thought he would be a better shooter by now.
Like Reply
No moral victories even making it interesting at the end
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/9M7FQMqzcqdIk/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 10:35 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Luka flat out can't shoot. I really thought he would be a better shooter by now.
The degree of difficulty of too many of his shots is off the charts.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 10:36 PM)mtrot Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:35 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Luka flat out can't shoot. I really thought he would be a better shooter by now.
Absolutely agree
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 10:36 PM)mtrot Wrote:

He makes it too difficult for himself. He has great footwork.  Just need to train to stop on a dime and hit the midrange shot.He will be unstoppable then.
Like Reply
The thing is, if Curry played tonight, we blow them by 20. Sadly we had to rely on Del0n (or DeLOL). 0 drives to the basket in 27 minutes. Before the Bulls debacle late game, he had all zeros in like 20 minutes of playing time. Scared of his own shadow. DEAR RICK, BOBAN CAN PLAY THE GAME OF BASKETBALL.
Like Reply
If I was playing against the Mavs in a 7-game series, I would let Luka shoot as many threes as he wants. Roll out the red carpet for him to jack up 15 threes...if he makes most of them then so be it but based on percentages, he won't. And him taking those shots means less of what he does best - run the offense and make plays for others.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 10:52 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: If I was playing against the Mavs in a 7-game series, I would let Luka shoot as many threes as he wants. Roll out the red carpet for him to jack up 15 threes...if he makes most of them then so be it but based on percentages, he won't. And him taking those shots means less of what he does best - run the offense and make plays for others.

Everyone here focusing on Luka and his 7 missed threes. Ignoring the fact that literally half of Chicago was guarding him, close all driving lanes because they just didn't care about Luka teammates being open. Did he had a single easy lay-up in the second half? Most of his baskets were very difficult and ones. It is really easy to be smart from behind the computer how someone should drive against 4 players. Despite all the bad stats, Luka was still by far best player in +- on the court.

The real problem was an absolutely horrible bench. 

By the way - Valentine would be a nice pick up for our bench. Might be cheap to get.
Like Reply
All on Rick. Why no mins for WCS. Why bench boban early when he was eating rebounds and helping score. Why play a barea/delon backcourt with maxi as the only big. FFS our guards are SMALL and can't be expected to matchup with other teams "small" ball. We play JJ who can't rebound and has had his shot stolen by the monstars, but not MKG who at least can defend/rebound and make contributions to a scoring offensive play. Why shoot 42 threes? You mean to tell me we can't eliminate some of those "bad threes" and turn them into postup or midrange attempts. Our offense is stale as more and more teams are just loading up on luka and he's reacting sometimes from frustration at lack of calls by taking bad 3s or trying to beat aggressive traps by dribbling too much into trouble w/ no release on the floor except THJ. Some other offensive plays need to be added. Better timeout management, we've got to find a way to get back the delon we had earlier in the season that was defending/ slashing and scoring. Another L on his shoulders.
Like Reply
2nd pts
CHI 22
DAL 3
BM 8

DAL off was ok.
Pathetic.....
Like Reply
Arrrrgh. The 100% vote for the Mavs to win curse strikes again, and we just tend to have trouble with bad East teams. And Chicago isn't as competent at tanking as Minnesota is

Fortunately there won't be any bad East teams for us to face in the playoffs
Like Reply
Tank was successful.....

[Image: Screenshot-2020-03-02-at-10.27.14-PM.png]
Like Reply
This hurts   Why was Curry out?
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
The funniest part of all of this is how boban and lee are gonna get dnp cd next few games in true Carlisle fashion.
Like Reply
Playing Luka 38mins vs Chicago and still losing!!!!
Worst case scenario in the end.

Should have just rested Luka in hindsight.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 11:01 PM)omahen Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 10:52 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: If I was playing against the Mavs in a 7-game series, I would let Luka shoot as many threes as he wants. Roll out the red carpet for him to jack up 15 threes...if he makes most of them then so be it but based on percentages, he won't. And him taking those shots means less of what he does best - run the offense and make plays for others.

Everyone here focusing on Luka and his 7 missed threes. Ignoring the fact that literally half of Chicago was guarding him, close all driving lanes because they just didn't care about Luka teammates being open. Did he had a single easy lay-up in the second half? Most of his baskets were very difficult and ones. It is really easy to be smart from behind the computer how someone should drive against 4 players. Despite all the bad stats, Luka was still by far best player in +- on the court.

The real problem was an absolutely horrible bench. 

By the way - Valentine would be a nice pick up for our bench. Might be cheap to get.

If he is doubled, the ball needs to leave his hands immediately and one more pass  from the recipient and you should have an open shot. If he is doubled he has done his job. He needs to understand that. That will come with age. 

He needs to stop taking poor shots. There is no “despite” there.  Hopefully that will also come with age.
Like Reply
(03-02-2020, 10:20 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Why do we think we are good enough to rest multiple top players regularly. When this season is over, we'll be kicking ourselves for giving ourselves several "load management" losses.
You want to cripple Porzingis for the next five years? Have you seen what happened, when we overplayed Porzingis in December with stuff like 38 MPG B2B.

(03-02-2020, 11:40 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: The funniest part of all of this is how boban and lee are gonna get dnp cd next few games in true Carlisle fashion.
It seems Lee has gotten in better shape, probably needed to work off his Knicks vacation. He has a surprisingly fast first step. Combined with his 3pt shooting and reasonable defense, he can at least be a reliable 10-12 MPG off the bench, unlike MKG.
Like Reply
Luka overall is just in a funk.  He’s beat up. Worn down.  Poor decision making.  And really, really bad on the defensive end.  He just hasn’t played all star caliber basketball post ankle injury.    Mavs roster has been exposed as they limp through the business end of the season.  I was hoping for a strong finish to avoid an almost certain sweep at the hands of the Clippers, but I think they’re stuck in the seven hole.  Maybe the Clipps will finish third. 

The Bulls are an atrocious team with no future.  It’s hard to believe the Mavs lost this one, even with all of their problems.
Like Reply
The Rockets lost to New York tonight at home. This stuff does happen but it sure does hurt. We were missing every shot short on the front rim in the 4th quarter. That is tired legs that is almost always a factor on a back to back and even worse with a short handed team.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply