Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
10-03-2026, 10:46 AM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2026, 10:48 AM by HoosierDaddyKid.)
Nori said that starting Morant and Lillard doesn’t make sense. Both are undersized, and both have never excelled on the defensive end. The more analytically sound option would be to start Holiday — a bigger guard who is an exceptional defender — and have either Morant or Lillard come off the bench. But in a league with huge egos, asking an All-Star to come off the bench is a delicate and difficult task for any coach, let alone Nori, a first-year coach operating on a one-year contract. Nori told The Athletic that his contract status will have no bearing on his decision. Instead, he will experiment with different lineups throughout the Blazers’ four preseason games. The exhibition opener is Wednesday against the Golden State Warriors, and Nori said he “probably” will start Morant and Lillard. “It’s not set in stone, but probably, because I’m leaning toward wanting to see what it looks like,” Nori said. “And … I don’t want to start a fire before I need to.” “If Damian Lillard is healthy,” Nori said shortly after he was hired, “then Damian Lillard is going to start.” Morant on media day was asked whether starting mattered to him. “I think winning is the most important thing for me, so whatever role I have to play to get that done, I think nobody will be mad afterward,” Morant said. “If I’m starting, if I’m not, it’s the same thing. I mean, it’s day one right now. “I feel that’s a coach’s question. But for me, I have no problem with either.”
New York Times
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Draymond Green: "Dalton Knecht is not expected to make the Lakers' regular-season roster. Lakers have 16 guaranteed contracts, and going into the season, you can only have 15 guaranteed contracts. Apparently, Bronny James and Jaden Hardy have been outplaying him in camp, and he's viewed as the odd man out. And it's crazy because Dalton Knecht seemed to like he had a little bit of promise to him, but after that trade that got voided by the Hornets to bring him in and send Mark Williams to the Lakers, the Lakers voided the trade because of Mark Williams' back. Dalton Knecht has just been in purgatory ever since, and ultimately I think it ruined him."
YouTube
Posts: 6,918
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
(10-05-2026, 06:58 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Draymond Green: "Dalton Knecht is not expected to make the Lakers' regular-season roster. Lakers have 16 guaranteed contracts, and going into the season, you can only have 15 guaranteed contracts. Apparently, Bronny James and Jaden Hardy have been outplaying him in camp, and he's viewed as the odd man out. And it's crazy because Dalton Knecht seemed to like he had a little bit of promise to him, but after that trade that got voided by the Hornets to bring him in and send Mark Williams to the Lakers, the Lakers voided the trade because of Mark Williams' back. Dalton Knecht has just been in purgatory ever since, and ultimately I think it ruined him."
YouTube
So Hardy outplayed him and Bronny outnamed him.
Posts: 2,089
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,239 in 666 posts
Likes Given: 1,970
Likes Received: 1,239 in 666 posts
Likes Given: 1,970
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-05-2026, 06:58 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Draymond Green: "Dalton Knecht is not expected to make the Lakers' regular-season roster. Lakers have 16 guaranteed contracts, and going into the season, you can only have 15 guaranteed contracts. Apparently, Bronny James and Jaden Hardy have been outplaying him in camp, and he's viewed as the odd man out. And it's crazy because Dalton Knecht seemed to like he had a little bit of promise to him, but after that trade that got voided by the Hornets to bring him in and send Mark Williams to the Lakers, the Lakers voided the trade because of Mark Williams' back. Dalton Knecht has just been in purgatory ever since, and ultimately I think it ruined him."
YouTube
Just wait until LA has the "Jaden Hardy Experience" in game situations.
Posts: 6,918
Threads: 11
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Likes Received: 3,425 in 1,980 posts
Likes Given: 1,114
Joined: Feb 2021
(10-05-2026, 09:33 AM)michaeltex Wrote: Just wait until LA has the "Jaden Hardy Experience" in game situations.
You think they´ll ask him to be a PG/creator on offense like Jason Kidd did? With Doncic and Reaves on the team, he´ll be a situational catch (one dribble) & shoot guy, which he is pretty good at. Most of Hardy´s problems come from his inability to pass and finish at the rim. He´s a 6´3 microwave SG.
Posts: 2,089
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,239 in 666 posts
Likes Given: 1,970
Likes Received: 1,239 in 666 posts
Likes Given: 1,970
Joined: Sep 2019
(10-05-2026, 10:02 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: You think they´ll ask him to be a PG/creator on offense like Jason Kidd did? With Doncic and Reaves on the team, he´ll be a situational catch (one dribble) & shoot guy, which he is pretty good at. Most of Hardy´s problems come from his inability to pass and finish at the rim. He´s a 6´3 microwave SG.
Yep. He stunk as a PG. His 3pt % was ok, but low volume for his position. OTOH, he was kind of streaky with his scoring.
I hope he finds a niche in LA.
Posts: 9,005
Threads: 12
Likes Received: 5,045 in 2,676 posts
Likes Given: 1,418
Likes Received: 5,045 in 2,676 posts
Likes Given: 1,418
Joined: Sep 2019
One almost has to feel sorry for Jokic. First preseason game featured Tyus Jones, Ryan Nembhard and Marvin Bagley. From 2023 NBA champion to 2026 Mavs dumpster fire.
Posts: 12,103
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Oct 2020
Posts: 12,103
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Oct 2020
I am pretty excited about the season. When I look at most teams, I think most have made good moves and most fanbases outside of a few are happy with their teams direction. We all know there will be several teams that get his by a bag of bricks when the season starts and expectations flounder. The question is what teams it happens to.
Posts: 12,103
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Oct 2020
Yesterday, 09:03 AM
(This post was last modified: Yesterday, 09:05 AM by Chicagojk.)
I guess this is how the NBA works, but it seems like a read the room type of thing. Why even make this an issue. Show the Wizards and the league you are still an elite player for a few months first. I wasn't crazy with the lineup to start the season in Dallas last year, but man I didn't expect it to be that bad. The AD at PF thing seems like a real hard fit now if he can't shoot. He got his numbers but it just wasn't impactful. Maybe the injury he suffered hampered his training. But his stats felt pretty empty. If he shows he can still be elite, there is a good chance a good team will want him. That contract demands needs to scare away a lot of people though.
Also, imagine the drain having the extension questions if he was still with the Mavs. Just drains the energy out of the room.
******************
[The Athletic] Anthony Davis wants a Max extension (4Y/275M) but there’s almost no chance the Wizards will give him that, considering his injury history and his age. Davis' agent, Rich Paul, is assessing other teams’ interest in AD and will continue to do so as February’s trade deadline approaches.
Posts: 2,089
Threads: 0
Likes Received: 1,239 in 666 posts
Likes Given: 1,970
Likes Received: 1,239 in 666 posts
Likes Given: 1,970
Joined: Sep 2019
(Yesterday, 09:03 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I guess this is how the NBA works, but it seems like a read the room type of thing. Why even make this an issue. Show the Wizards and the league you are still an elite player for a few months first. I wasn't crazy with the lineup to start the season in Dallas last year, but man I didn't expect it to be that bad. The AD at PF thing seems like a real hard fit now if he can't shoot. He got his numbers but it just wasn't impactful. Maybe the injury he suffered hampered his training. But his stats felt pretty empty. If he shows he can still be elite, there is a good chance a good team will want him. That contract demands needs to scare away a lot of people though.
Also, imagine the drain having the extension questions if he was still with the Mavs. Just drains the energy out of the room.
******************
[The Athletic] Anthony Davis wants a Max extension (4Y/275M) but there’s almost no chance the Wizards will give him that, considering his injury history and his age. Davis' agent, Rich Paul, is assessing other teams’ interest in AD and will continue to do so as February’s trade deadline approaches. I can't express strongly enough how happy I am that DAL is not longer part of the AD drama tour. He learned well from LBJ, IMO.
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
NBA Base: The Spurs internally believe Dylan Harper is already their second-best player, per @WindhorstESPN: "The Spurs internally believe Dylan Harper is their second-best player. That’s not a slight on De'Aaron Fox or Stephon Castle. Harper is a stud."
x.com
Posts: 12,103
Threads: 22
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Likes Received: 7,161 in 4,020 posts
Likes Given: 457
Joined: Oct 2020
(10 hours ago)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: NBA Base: The Spurs internally believe Dylan Harper is already their second-best player, per @WindhorstESPN: "The Spurs internally believe Dylan Harper is their second-best player. That’s not a slight on De'Aaron Fox or Stephon Castle. Harper is a stud."
x.com
hmmm...he may very well be. Although tricky situation dealing with Castle imo. Young players finding to find their place can sometimes take these things personal when they hear them in the media. Ex....the three J's.
Posts: 7,924
Threads: 10
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Likes Received: 1,746 in 1,240 posts
Likes Given: 1,724
Joined: Oct 2019
Julius Erving: "There is no GOAT. There is no one athlete who you can look at in any sport and just say that was the best, whoever did it. It's all an opinion." "I picked my top five when I was 15 years old. I have not let anybody mess that up. I went with Chamberlain and Bill Russell, Elgin Baylor, Jerry West, and Oscar Robertson. When you are 15 years old, and you see those five out there, that's permanent."
YouTube
Posts: 2,794
Threads: 1
Likes Received: 2,397 in 1,216 posts
Likes Given: 2,870
Likes Received: 2,397 in 1,216 posts
Likes Given: 2,870
Joined: Jul 2022
(Yesterday, 08:30 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am pretty excited about the season. When I look at most teams, I think most have made good moves and most fanbases outside of a few are happy with their teams direction. We all know there will be several teams that get his by a bag of bricks when the season starts and expectations flounder. The question is what teams it happens to.
I have to figure out where all the damn games are gonna be.
There's no more TNT games?
Peacock has one night or two? Peacock is owned by NBC? NBC also has NBA games?
ESPN has one night or two?
ABC weekend games?
NBA TV shows some random games.
|