Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.0 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
66.67%
4 66.67%
Hawks
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 57: DAL (34-23) @ ATL (17-41) | 107-111 loss
https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1231418620133171200

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1231415756006600705

https://study.com/academy/lesson/displac...heory.html
Like Reply
Sorry Cuban, but the refs didn't blow a 16 point lead or however high it was. The refs didn't make you play small ball. The refs didn't cause you to choke free throws, miss shots, not box out, etc. Take the loss and move on. Your coach lost this game, not the refs.
Like Reply
Will be an expensive vent.
Like Reply
Sorry Mark....the refs were and probably always will be ass but when we play small ball with JJ as a power forward we essentially putting a gun to our own heads and shooting. Not playing WCS/Boban = giving up free trips to the rim/FT line and for putbacks and then coming down on the other end and staying perimeter possession after possession because the other team is playing aggressively on the perimeter with SG/SFs and SF/PFs..... not 3 PGs and 2SFs outta postion.

Result- we lose when the 3s stop falling. But hey posting up is dead and not a good play anymore, same with mid range.... make some changes or get used to it mate. our ceiling if we make the playoffs currently is to hope we can get hot from 3 and beat a team 4 times. Good luck with that.
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 10:19 PM)MrGoat Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 10:14 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Mavs may regret not going all out to win this season.
You mean like load management Kawhi last season?

This was actually smart. The loss sucks but we could afford it. We need to be careful with Luka's ankle and KP's knee. And giving the other guys a chance at times can be good for their confidence too
I know.  Just sucks losing to crappy teams when you’re in a playoff chase.  This thing with Luka sounds legit.  No need to risk it.  He’s still a kid.
Like Reply
Mavs will be content finishing as the 7th or 8th seed this season. I can see them doing a few more tankjobs this season to rest Luka/KP...why not. The standings don't really matter, they're not getting a Top-4 seed and with the way they play at home, having homecourt advantage is pointless. 

They will be underdogs in any 1st round series so they are just happy to be in the mix right now
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 11:38 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs will be content finishing as the 7th or 8th seed this season. I can see them doing a few more tankjobs this season to rest Luka/KP...why not. The standings don't really matter, they're not getting a Top-4 seed and with the way they play at home, having homecourt advantage is pointless. 

I think this is actually incredibly accurate. 

1) The Mavs need playoff experience in any form.
2) The Mavs need to preserve the health of their stars.
3) The Mavs can get the 18th pick if they play it right versus having the 24th pick and a not much better playoff position. That 18th pick could be crucial in upgrading the roster.
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 11:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 11:38 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs will be content finishing as the 7th or 8th seed this season. I can see them doing a few more tankjobs this season to rest Luka/KP...why not. The standings don't really matter, they're not getting a Top-4 seed and with the way they play at home, having homecourt advantage is pointless.

3) The Mavs can get the 18th pick if they play it right versus having the 24th pick and a not much better playoff position. That 18th pick could be crucial in upgrading the roster.

Team Tank lives!...?
Like Reply
(02-22-2020, 10:08 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Honestly we should be the 2 seed right now. We have choked so many games it's laughable at this point.

But but but "we already overpeformed" says some romantic posters. 

We are a young and LEARNING team. Give us some time. LMAO.

In fact, they are really learning. They are learning how to lose in a worse way and they are sooo creative in that. That's something, too.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
Im confused, do we or do we not own our first round lick next year?? I thought we owe NY that pick
Like Reply
(02-23-2020, 12:19 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 11:43 PM)Kammrath Wrote:

Team Tank lives!...?

It's not Team Tank. It's Team Load Management. We want our young studs healthy for their first playoff appearance
Like Reply
(02-23-2020, 12:30 AM)Baller AI Wrote: Im confused, do we or do we not own our first round lick next year?? I thought we owe NY that pick

We own 2020 and 2022. NY gets our 2021 and 2023 picks.
Like Reply
(02-23-2020, 12:30 AM)Baller AI Wrote: Im confused, do we or do we not own our first round lick next year?? I thought we owe NY that pick

Knicks get 2021 pick from us no matter what, get 2023 pick protected until 2025, if not conveyed they get couple of 2nds IIRC
Like Reply
So what's a flagrant foul these days? (also funny both happen in ATL)

https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...64512?s=20

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/11...26081?s=20
Like Reply
(02-23-2020, 12:13 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: So what's a flagrant foul these days? (also funny both happen in ATL)

This is not an excuse for yesterday., but Cuban is totally right. NBA refs are crap.
Like Reply
Wait so we do have our first rounder, in the trade forum I made people cry when I said we should tank this season since we decided not to contend. They said we didn’t own our pick, but I guess they were just trolling me. So now there is actually no reason to not aim for the 8th seed. Win/win: playoff experience, while maximizing our pick’s odds without giving up the playoffs
Like Reply
swisherprice: "Mavs will be content finishing as the 7th or 8th seed this season. I can see them doing a few more tankjobs this season to rest Luka/KP...why not. The standings don't really matter, they're not getting a Top-4 seed and with the way they play at home, having homecourt advantage is pointless."

This the head-in-the-sand arrogance employed in 2006, when it was obvious we didn't match up well with the Warriors.  The Mavs need to avoid the Lakers and/or Clippers if a second round appearance or better is the goal.

WAB 
Like Reply
(02-23-2020, 02:45 PM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: swisherprice: "Mavs will be content finishing as the 7th or 8th seed this season. I can see them doing a few more tankjobs this season to rest Luka/KP...why not. The standings don't really matter, they're not getting a Top-4 seed and with the way they play at home, having homecourt advantage is pointless."

This the head-in-the-sand arrogance employed in 2006, when it was obvious we didn't match up well with the Warriors.  The Mavs need to avoid the Lakers and/or Clippers if a second round appearance or better is the goal.

WAB 
shhh stop saying things that sound like good common sense. you are just a silly fan
Like Reply
I don't buy the team tank stuff.

And Fuerza's right, that was a flagrant for sure.
Like Reply
(02-23-2020, 02:45 PM)WildArkieBoy75 Wrote: swisherprice: "Mavs will be content finishing as the 7th or 8th seed this season. I can see them doing a few more tankjobs this season to rest Luka/KP...why not. The standings don't really matter, they're not getting a Top-4 seed and with the way they play at home, having homecourt advantage is pointless."

WAB 
But where are the Clippers gonna end up? Big Grin

Because the 2nd seed is not guaranteed for them.
Like Reply