Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kendrick Perkins
[Image: Perk-tut.jpg]
I'm watching the Jump today, and here's King Tut ripping Dallas...

"They aren't going to the playoffs."
"Luka snuck up on people last year, but this year, he'll be on the scouting report and can you do it then?"
"Rick Carlisle --- I've  got lots of friends that played for him and I've never heard anything good about him."
"I had that Porzingas knee injury, he's not going to be ready this year." 

About KP's injury to show you how literally stupid he is.  He said it takes 2 years to get right...

Rachel Nichols: "How long were you out?"  
Kendrick Perkins:  "6 months"
Rachel: "KP has been out 20 months."
King Tut:  "Yeah, he won't be ready."

I'm just like...do you even know how to do basic math?  Really?

I'm so done with this guy...
Like Reply
two years is 24 months, I guess he's saying he needs 4 more months
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
Perk is quite possibly the dumbest commentator on ESPN. Which is truly saying something.

He can talk all his nonsense he wants, but he was KG's butt boy and Rondo's best friend. It's no surprise that he doesn't have anything nice to say about Carlisle or Dallas.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-15-2019, 11:56 PM)robillionaire Wrote: two years is 24 months, I guess he's saying he needs 4 more months

And there are not 4 months left in the year, sooooo, it's not a bad with numbers thing.
Like Reply
I like Perk.  But I think he is wrong here.  I have Mavs in playoffs and also think Rick is top 5 coach.  Whether someone likes him or not has no bearing on his coaching imo.

I think Perk is just spitballing in his new job and this gets him attention.  Later on when Mavs make playoffs he can say it was just preseason speculation.  Its his way of making his name in his new job is all.
Like Reply
The real question is why players like him or Hollins get a job on TV. There have to be more knowledgeable retired NBA players. I get that hot takes generate viewers but some of it is just unbearable.

Only thing worse is watching Paul Pierce making his case for top 10 alltime on ESPN at every given opportunity. Proclaiming that he was better than DWade...carried the Celtics to a ring...bashing Allen.

Perkins belongs to a circle of players that includes Rondo, Garnett, Pierce, Big Baby Davis.
I am not suprised to see one of them bashing RC or the Mavs. Just like I am not suprised when Garnett uses his show to dismiss Dirk. Still remember him and Rasheed acting like they had no problem to defend him.
Like Reply
He sucks. Thread can be closed.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
(10-15-2019, 09:42 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: "I had that Porzingas knee injury, he's not going to be ready this year." 

First off let me make a public service announcement. Porzingis does not have an "a" or "u" in his last name. p-o-r-z-i-n-g-I-s

Perk's a hater so I'm not taking him seriously. The comments about Luka and KP are ridiculous. There have been enough cases of players clashing with Rick over the years and factoring in our free agency failures that you do wonder what his actual reputation among players is, but I don't care what Perk has to say about that. Hell the guy's a friend of Rajon Rondo, that makes any of his opinions about the Mavs worthless
Like Reply
[Image: r620-13e7fa3ade034125d32e02eaaa01f43c.jpg]
Perk is clearly still salty about 2011
Like Reply
He's one of the only guys to get into with Dirk also.
Like Reply
So 24 is the magic number, and not 20 .. Rolleyes

He's just doing the Skip Bayliss thing.
Like Reply
(10-17-2019, 11:53 AM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: So 24 is the magic number, and not 20 .. Rolleyes

He's just doing the Skip Bayliss thing.

I actually thought of Skip when I saw him.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/stat...7498700800
Like Reply
Perkins was never right after his ACL.  His career was on the upswing untill that injury. Maybe he is just bitter
Like Reply
(10-26-2019, 12:10 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: https://twitter.com/KendrickPerkins/stat...7498700800
Welp, better late than never.
Like Reply
Yeah, I forgot about this thread.  I posted that tweet this morning or last night in the All around the NBA thread.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply