Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
(@sixers_galaxy)
“I think [the #Sixers] are gonna be active. I don’t get the sense that they’re as engaged right now on Dejounte Murray, or Zach Lavine, or Pascal Siakam. I have not gotten the sense that they are gonna purse those three aggressively.”

@ShamsCharania
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 11:26 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Agreed, only I don't know why you're convinced that's how things will play out. This is a guy who hit 8 threes in a playoff game not that long ago. 

I'm WAY more worried obout DJJ's shot or Exum's shot than I am about Kleber's. He'll figure it out.

To quote the eloquent Derek Harper, this is a "what have you done for me lately league" 

Maxi's shot looks horrible. History says he'll be fine come playoff time, but he's also 2 years older and multiple injuries since that playoff run.

I want Maxi to be fine but I wouldn't be surprised if he's packaged to bring in that 6'8 wing who can dribble and shoot. 

Im also worried about DJJ getting schemed but actually less worried about Exum's shot given that he performed in those hostile Euroleague playoff environments.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
@JakeLFischer

Dallas has been one of the teams engaged in acquiring Siakam, sources said. The Mavericks continue to be linked to various versatile forwards, from Andrew Wiggins to P.J. Washington to old friend Dorian Finney-Smith, according to league sources.

Jerami Grant would represent an absolute difference-maker for both Dallas and the Sacramento Kings, another leading suitor for Siakam. The Kings have made Harrison Barnes, Kevin Huerter and Davion Mitchell available in trade conversations, sources said. However, Portland is not expected to seriously entertain offers for Grant, league sources told Yahoo Sports, in contrast to veteran point guard Malcolm Brogdon.
Like Reply
https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...ccounter=1

So much in here:

The Hornets have indicated that they will be more active this deadline, with influence from new ownership, than how the front office has conducted business in previous transaction windows. Charlotte is said to have all players available outside of LaMelo Ball, Brandon Miller and Mark Williams, per league personnel. Terry Rozier’s strong play has made the combo guard a more viable trade candidate than ever at his $24 million average annual salary, with a known preference to join the Miami Heat, league sources told Yahoo Sports. And while there’s plenty of rival interest in veteran wing Gordon Hayward, he seems more likely to change teams by way of a buyout, as opposed to a rival club sending out $30 million to match his expiring salary.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:28 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...ccounter=1

So much in here:

The Hornets have indicated that they will be more active this deadline, with influence from new ownership, than how the front office has conducted business in previous transaction windows. Charlotte is said to have all players available outside of LaMelo Ball, Brandon Miller and Mark Williams, per league personnel. Terry Rozier’s strong play has made the combo guard a more viable trade candidate than ever at his $24 million average annual salary, with a known preference to join the Miami Heat, league sources told Yahoo Sports. And while there’s plenty of rival interest in veteran wing Gordon Hayward, he seems more likely to change teams by way of a buyout, as opposed to a rival club sending out $30 million to match his expiring salary.

THJ for PJW and add a bought out Hayward. Let’s roll.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:30 PM)Smitty Wrote: THJ for PJW and add a bought out Hayward. Let’s roll.

PJ Washington is one of the only players we're talking about who actually COULD replace THJ's offense, up to and including some overlap in how that offense is generated. 

I would LOVE to add him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:30 PM)Smitty Wrote: THJ for PJW and add a bought out Hayward. Let’s roll.

Jerry West always had a philosophy of avoiding good players on bad teams because of inflated empty stats.

PJ has been on some really bad Charlotte teams. Can he actually play winning ball when it comes down to it?

Hayward has the Kyrie connection and maybe could work out well here. I'd love him as a buyout and him become our 6th man.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Jerry West always had a philosophy of avoiding good players on bad teams because of inflated empty stats.

PJ has been on some really bad Charlotte teams. Can he actually play winning ball when it comes down to it?

Hayward has the Kyrie connection and maybe could work out well here. I'd love him as a buyout and him become our 6th man.

Washington is that bad team's best player. It's basically the same argument as Jerami Grant: he'd be better here as the 3rd guy, IF he's going to accept the role. I don't know if either of them would, but if the Mavs feel good about it, that's enough for me.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 12:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Jerry West always had a philosophy of avoiding good players on bad teams because of inflated empty stats.

It's pretty cool that the high-spending teams won't be able to acquire any of the bought-out players like Hayward.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(@esidery)
The Suns are exploring what Grayson Allen and Nassir Little could bring them back on the trade market, per @JakeLFischer (https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...33967.html).

Allen is having a career-best season thriving alongside Phoenix’s stars averaging 13.9 points on elite 50/48/91 shooting splits.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:00 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Washington is that bad team's best player. It's basically the same argument as Jerami Grant: he'd be better here as the 3rd guy, IF he's going to accept the role. I don't know if either of them would, but if the Mavs feel good about it, that's enough for me.

I'd say Lamelo, Roizer, and Hayward are all significantly ahead of Washington in terms of pecking order.

He's their 4th best guy like he'd be here. The real question is how much better would he look next to Luka and Kyrie. If Washington wouldn't be able to accept a reduced role next to those two then there's no way he'll ever succeed. It'd be like Wood 2.0

My interest is piqued if we could get Washington for something like Holmes+Hardy+2nd. Mavs still remain under the tax and they keep THJ for another move.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'd say Lamelo, Roizer, and Hayward are all significantly ahead of Washington in terms of pecking order.

He's their 4th best guy like he'd be here. The real question is how much better would he look next to Luka and Kyrie. If Washington wouldn't be able to accept a reduced role next to those two then there's no way he'll ever succeed. It'd be like Wood 2.0

My interest is piqued if we could get Washington for something like Holmes+Hardy+2nd. Mavs still remain under the tax and they keep THJ for another move.

Wait a minute. If he's fourth in the pecking order in Charlotte, why is accepting a "lesser role" next to Luka and Kyrie a thing? Not logical.
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@esidery)
The Suns are exploring what Grayson Allen and Nassir Little could bring them back on the trade market, per @JakeLFischer (https://sports.yahoo.com/toronto-appears...33967.html).

Allen is having a career-best season thriving alongside Phoenix’s stars averaging 13.9 points on elite 50/48/91 shooting splits.

True. But their problem is defense. As we could see against Mavs, they are also using Allen as their primary defender (he was on Luka). My guess would be they need a defensive wing who can hit an open three with decent percentage. Well, half of league is looking for this kind of players...
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Wait a minute. If he's fourth in the pecking order in Charlotte, why is accepting a "lesser role" next to Luka and Kyrie a thing? Not logical.

Because ideally he wants to get a bigger role at another team.

I'm just pointing out that Washington has been in the dregs of the NBA for his entire career. Much like Christian Wood. I might have PTSD but I'm worried trading for him and finding out he can't play winning ball.
  • ACMFFL, omahen
Like Reply
[Image: GD_5W41XUAAzt78?format=jpg&name=900x900]
  • mvossman, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Like I mentioned here a couple months back…my best friend ran into PJW in Charlotte after a game. PJ implied that he almost ended up in Dallas. Maybe we’re closer to him than we think!
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 2 users Like OBX Maverick's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka, MFFL
Like Reply
Oh look UFA Hartenstein´s wife was born and raised in Texas, lived in Dallas for years and is expecting her first child. If only there was a home team in need of a big. Confused
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
Mavs can be a serious player in the summer with 3 picks, expiring THJ+Holmes and all their young guys. Basically capable of building a package for almost any player that becomes available. If Mavs spend some of that (2027, youngsters, THJ) at TDL, they lose that opportunity. From the names mentioned, I would be really scared to touch Wiggins. I don't think DFS improves Mavs enough, although Mavs have a long going NY connection. I like PJ offense, but I am very worried about his defense. Similar to DFS I am not convinced he gets us to contender status. I would also think that most of this guys will still be available in the summer, if nothing better appears.

That is why I would rather stay pat at this TDL, unless they can get in for a guy like Siakam or Grant.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, mvossman
Like Reply
(01-17-2024, 01:03 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: (@esidery)

I'd be super interested in Grayson as a backup SG. He is averaging almost 50/40/90 at his past three teams (MEM, MIL, PHO) and is willing to do the dirty work. Definitely an upgrade on Timmeh, IMO.

If the Mavs could add Grimes + Grayson at SG, and Jerami at PF... that would be fantastic!
Like Reply
I didn't realize PJ shooting is down to 31 % from three this season. Declining every season since his second year.
Like Reply