Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
Nico signed Kyrie Irving for less than Houston paid FVV.
[-] The following 6 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, KillerLeft, omahen, Reunion Mav, Smitty
Like Reply
Champagne to SA

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674941032738304000
Like Reply
3/$130 wtf

That is mind blowing
Like Reply
FVV to Rockets for 3/130 max deal.
Like Reply
I'd rather have Kyrie

FVV shot under 40% last year
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:44 PM)omahen Wrote: FVV got another year from Houston, great deal for him

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674941784219176960

Mavs need starters, not role players Smile

Haha well we need something regardless. Nothing isn't helping.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
That is a lot of money for Fred. But Houston was probably worried that no one was taking their money.

Nice evening for the Lakers. Should be a deep team again if everyone can stay healthy.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:47 PM)Jym Wrote: I'd rather have Kyrie

FVV shot under 40% last year

FVV has a more talented supporting cast. Might take awhile, but Houston is going to be good.
Like Reply
I consider lower end starters to be role players, but high end role players. That's just me though.
Like Reply
If we have MLE and BAE, we also have almost $17mm under the tax.  I think some full MLE person is unlikely.  More likely, we split $17mm somehow with part of MLE going to a player and Powell resigning for the rest of that.  

Before that though, we probably have a trade to make and we need to see the salary matching details of that first.
Like Reply
So either Brooks or Lopez for the rest in Houston right? I assume it will be Brooks. But if Lopez goes there that may leave limited options for Brooks. I don’t think I would be crazy about him. But we will see.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:50 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If we have MLE and BAE, we also have almost $17mm under the tax.  I think some full MLE person is unlikely.  More likely, we split $17mm somehow with part of MLE going to a player and Powell resigning for the rest of that.  

Before that though, we probably have a trade to make and we need to see the salary matching details of that first.

That is really discouraging if true. Powell needs to leave unless he's cheap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
Anything above the vet minimum for Powell at this point is a deranged overpay. He's been overpaid for like 6 years and he still needs part of the MLE?
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • BigDirk41, Smitty
Like Reply
40-50 million for Thybulle seems like a lot, right?

So what is Orlando’s plans? They need to move someone right?
Like Reply
I think we’re in on Grant Williams for over the MLE

Great deal on Kyrie

Solid start
Like Reply
Lakers have got deeper as well. Pelinka is doing work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:55 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: I think we’re in on Grant Williams for over the MLE

Great deal on Kyrie

Solid start

How so?  I think that is what we will need to do.  Grant is over a 12 million player.   I am just not sure how we get there and it is something Boston would be ok with.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:56 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Lakers have got deeper as well. Pelinka is doing work.

Lakers out: Beasley, Bamba, Brown
Lakers in: Reddish, Vincent, Prince
Lakers still to resign: Schroeder, Walker (both likely gone), DLo, Reaves

I don't think they are that much deeper as they were.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • Smitty, Tyler
Like Reply
If we end up with a roster spot, I wouldn't mind kicking the Bamba tire.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 07:55 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Great deal on Kyrie

Solid start

That´s glass half full. And I think combined with the draft it´s fair to give them the benefit of the doubt.
But just looking at the cold hard facts as of now the Mavs haven´t added a single win-now impact player and the list of available options isn´t long. At this point it almost has to be a trade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply