Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: PHX Wants Lebron+Bronny| Hawks to Shop Hunter
(06-30-2023, 05:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Huge discount for Milwaukee

true

but it seems like his body is falling apart

i think it’s fair since he was destined to stay like Draymond
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That is actually an incredible deal.

Essentially a 2 year deal. Mavs keep the MLE. Kyrie gets paid. Win-win-win.

42 million a year with a PO in the 3rd year. I don't know about that. I mean they had to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:50 PM)omahen Wrote: Huge discount for Milwaukee

Yeah absolute steal for MIL. Maybe there are concerns for Middletons injury histropy.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: That is actually an incredible deal.

Essentially a 2 year deal. Mavs keep the MLE. Kyrie gets paid. Win-win-win.

Cap question. Does this hurt us in 2 years when he opts out and commands a higher salary?
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:51 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: 42 million a year with a PO in the 3rd year. I don't know about that.

Im sure Kyrie rejects the PO to maximize his money. At worst a 3 year deal with the potential to be 2.

Restricted free agent F Cam Johnson has agreed on a four-year, $108 million deal to stay with the Brooklyn Nets, his agent Steven Heumann of
@CAA_Basketball
tells ESPN. Nets keep a young cornerstone acquired in deadline deal with Suns.

ESPN Sources: Free agent C Jakob Poeltl has agreed on a four-year, $80 million contract to stay with the Toronto Raptors. Poeltl is represented by Michael Tellem and Sam Goldfeder of
@excelbasketball
. Deal includes a player option.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Cam Johnson stays in Brooklyn

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674913639260733445
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Yeah absolute steal for MIL. Maybe there are concerns for Middletons injury histropy.

Must be.  Hasn’t been the same player the last two years.   Really has hurt Milwaukee in playoffs.
Like Reply
Mavs probably talking to Boston if they’re going to match on Grant Williams or let him go.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:52 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Cap question. Does this hurt us in 2 years when he opts out and commands a higher salary?

He'll always command 35% of the cap with 8% raises. Should the cap raise like the NBA is expecting it to, Kyrie's max will definitely be much higher (although I don't think its more likely he'll get a bigger contract in 2 years from now when he's 33 vs. now).
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:53 PM)omahen Wrote: Cam Johnson stays in Brooklyn

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674913639260733445
question is when is DFS or O’Neal moved.   Maybe both moved this offseason.

I saw a report that the Nets are not interested in extending Dinwiddie this summer.
Like Reply
Most guys staying put. Same as last year. Everybody that wants to get paid, stays put.

Let´s just hope they take a chance on younger guys  now and not waste the exceptions on some Joel Schmo again.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 01:53 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Honestly. How many times have Harden and Irving been traded/changed teams via trades/free agency already. MAYBE it´s not the teams, who have the problem.

When Kyrie dictates Ramona Shelbourne that he is looking for a HOME that he can finish his career at, somewhere he feels welcome and needed, you know what that translates to:

I WANT A FIVE YEAR MAX, Mavs won´t give it to me. They are so mean. I am letting you know.

In two years Ramona gets a scoop/home story from Kyrie in return.

I´m so out on Kyrie for anything above two years (+ team option in year three). If the Mavs have gotten smarter, it´s that or hello Ayton + X. 

It´s plan obvious, he wants to be paid once again. That´s all. All this BS about cancerous Nets.  GET OUT. Suns are there.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Cleveland doing the right thing. No need to move Allen now. They were really disappointing in the playoffs but the team was a real positive during the season. Allen may eventually get moved, but the easiest thing is to get some shooters around the rest of the roster.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:54 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: question is when is DFS or O’Neal moved.   Maybe both moved this offseason.

I saw a report that the Nets are not interested in extending Dinwiddie this summer.

No need.  Didn’t they trade Joe Harris?
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:55 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Most guys staying put. Same as last year. Everybody that wants to get paid, stays put.

Let´s just hope they take a chance on younger guys  now and not waste the exceptions on some Joel Schmo again.

Agreed. But I hope they aren't finished with Kyrie. There's still work to do.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:57 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: No need.  Didn’t they trade Joe Harris?

Yeah, that is a good point.  It just feels like they have a ton of wings.   Even drafted one.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:57 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: No need.  Didn’t they trade Joe Harris?

Aren’t their two best players small forwards? Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson

Both O’Neal and DFS seem redundant

Plus Cam Thomas wants a bigger role.
Like Reply
FVV taking long time to decide Smile
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 06:00 PM)omahen Wrote: FVV taking long time to decide Smile
Would you take 2/80ish or 4/100ish?
Like Reply
So Dallas must have a plan to use their MLE. Just tough to find one player who fits it. I see more trade targets. But them keeping the MLE seemed important to them.
Like Reply