Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
I was thinking maybe this was a soft market due to the new CBA with the very reasonable signings for Green and Kuzma. But these last two for Grant and Brown are big overpays. 4 years at $160 seems kind of right for Kyrie.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:24 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Can't wait to watch everyone lose their shit when the Kyrie contract happens..lol

[Image: 04cb0657-30bc-4415-a23e-77d149aceb6f_text.gif]
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:26 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I was thinking maybe this was a soft market due to the new CBA with the very reasonable signings for Green and Kuzma.  But these last two for Grant and Brown are big overpays. 4 years at $160 seems kind of right for Kyrie.

I do not believe he signs for 4/160 personally.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Now I am scared. If Grant gets 160m. What is Kyrie´s deal going to look like?

5 years though, I don't think it should change our stance of 160/4
Like Reply
Porzingis got a 2 year extension

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...8209918977
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:26 PM)omahen Wrote: Why are you laughing. Portland has Grant, while the only Mavs PF at this point is OMax. At least Portland didn't let their second best player walk to another team, while they are building a contender...

32 million a year for Jerami Grant (who they already had) for a team that couldn't even sniff the playoffs ain't getting it done.

That contract is going to age worse than John Collins' one.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Luka77
Like Reply
Troy Brown to Minny

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1674906880244609024
Like Reply
Free agent Reggie Jackson has agreed to a two-year, $10.25 million deal, with player option in second season, to return to the Denver Nuggets, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:28 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: 32 million a year for Jerami Grant (who they already had) for a team that couldn't even sniff the playoffs ain't getting it done.

That contract is going to age worse than John Collins' one.

Perhaps, but you were saying same thing about Brunson contract. When you are in buird rights trap, not much else you can do but overpay key players
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:26 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: This is disappointing. The Mavs always seem to wait and lose out on every target.

Bigger problem is they suck at evaluation. Markkanen begged them for a month.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
I had high hopes after the draft. Hopefully they have something lined up. So far, doesn't look good.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:30 PM)omahen Wrote: Perhaps, but you were saying same thing about Brunson contract. When you are in buird rights trap, not much else you can do but overpay key players

I was dead wrong about JB. I've been very vocal about it. I did not think he could seriously ever lead a team to the playoffs. 

He proved me wrong and then some. His contract is more than worth it.

Jerami Grant on the other hand is a totally different player to JB, and has already had multiple opportunities to be the main guy for a team and it hasn't amounted to anything.

20 mil a year is a good contract for Grant. 25 if you want to overpay. 7+ more than that is crazy pills in this new CBA.

Back to FA, throwing Thybulle a full MLE offer pretty much destroys the rest of Portlands space.

And in a world where Bruce Brown is getting 23 mil a year, Thybulle at 12 isn't so bad.
Like Reply
I’m the biggest Debbie downer usually but the Mavs have no idea which position they’ll have to add in free agency until the Kyrie situation gets settled. If he goes to another team, then what is that team giving us in a sign and trade?

Still not good because everyone else might sign by the time dumbass Kyrie decides what to do but that’s what you getmtrading for him.
Like Reply
Free agent guard Jevon Carter has agreed on a three-year, $20 million deal with the Chicago Bulls, his agents Mark Bartelstein and Reggie Brown of
@PrioritySports
tell ESPN. Carter leaves the Bucks to bring Bulls his perimeter toughness.
Like Reply
I’d be shocked if Thybulle gets MLE money
Like Reply
Already slowing down. Pre-agreed deals announced. Now we are waiting for the Rockets to blow their money. For a potential Harden trade.
Like Reply
With KP getting 30 mil and expected Brown max deal, Boston will have a really hard time to keep Grant Williams.
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • loki, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
Free agent forward Chimezie Metu has agreed to a one-year deal with the Phoenix Suns, sources tell ESPN.
Like Reply
Carter and White back, too? Does that mean Dosunmu is available? Cry
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...5780996097

The Jevon Carter contract will come out of the Bulls Non-Taxpayer MLE
Like Reply