Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: 76ers Believe They Have A Shot at PG13
(06-30-2023, 04:15 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I just had a chat box pop up on this site???

Some guy is saying we’re trading THJ for Grant Williams. No idea if true or trolling.

It's VintagePeja.
Like Reply
Ingles to Orlando? That is sort of weird. Orlando is a team that probably needs to make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 type of trade. Odd roster. Talented but odd.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 04:18 PM)Tyler Wrote: It's VintagePeja.

In other words, the king of trolls.

I have succumbed to his talent of creating the most believable drivel on more than one occasion.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
What teams are you guys considering switching to if the next hour is a fail?
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 04:27 PM)Jym Wrote: What teams are you guys considering switching to if the next hour is a fail?

I've been a Mavs fan since the 80's, through the long period when they had the worst record in all of professional sports. I'm not going anywhere.
[-] The following 6 users Like Tyler's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, khaled1987, RoyTarpleysGhost, SleepingHero
Like Reply
twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/1674893959347290114?s=46&t=xNHF873rjt7IFVxyn62T2g

In a turn of events, Phoenix is planning to pull the qualifying offer for center Jock Landale, league sources told
@YahooSports, which would make Landale a free agent.

Landale would become an *unrestricted* free agent. Sounds like Phoenix is moving forward with the idea of targeting centers on the veteran's minimum to backup Deandre Ayton, as their current frontcourt plan for 2023-24.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 04:33 PM)Tyler Wrote: I've been a Mavs fan since the 80's, through the long period when they had the worst record in all of professional sports. I'm not going anywhere.

I’m with ya brother! Although, the next 24-72 hours is gonna shape this franchise for the next 5-10 years. We had a good start last week. Just need a few more competent moves! You have to think that Lindsey had at least some impact on the activity on draft night.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Stein dropping some grenades right now:

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/...04419?s=61&t=rkPadt_daenpQ3NDzDCGBA

An increasingly likely scenario for Cleveland's business in free agency, league sources say, is signing Georges Niang away from Philadelphia along with completing the signing (or sign-and-trade) for Max Strus.

Another potential free agency curveball: There's been a good amount of chatter circulating today about a potential return to Washington for unrestricted free agent Kyle Kuzma.
Ditto for the prospect of Max Strus' increasingly expected free agent move from Miami to Cleveland.

All signs have pointed to a new Draymond Green deal in Golden State since my enclosed story Monday and league sources now project Green to land a contract in the four-year, $100 million range from the Warriors once free agency commences.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 04:27 PM)Jym Wrote: What teams are you guys considering switching to if the next hour is a fail?

Probably another sport, lol. 
Though, I actually liked Denver since the bubble as a 2nd team to root for tbh. They built the team in an admirable way and are fun to watch. 
Having a flexible second team to root for is a healthy thing tbh. Since you can't change your team.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/droppingdimes20/stat...3712740353
Bruce Brown to Pacers is done.

--------------------------------------
Do we still believe this anonymous guy?
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 04:36 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: twitter.com/jakelfischer/status/1674893959347290114?s=46&t=xNHF873rjt7IFVxyn62T2g

In a turn of events, Phoenix is planning to pull the qualifying offer for center Jock Landale, league sources told
@YahooSports, which would make Landale a free agent.

Landale would become an *unrestricted* free agent. Sounds like Phoenix is moving forward with the idea of targeting centers on the veteran's minimum to backup Deandre Ayton, as their current frontcourt plan for 2023-24.

Landale would be a good fit here.  Very active on defense.  Good finisher on offense.  Much better rebounder than Powell.  I think he and Powell would make a solid platoon at center.  

I realize we'd be carrying five centers on the roster but Holmes and McGee are just bad contracts we're burdened with-  not rotation players.

I think Josh Okogie would also be a good player to target from the Suns.  Elite defensive wing and pretty good rebounder.  He is a poor shooter but improved this season while playing on a good team.  He's only 24 and Phoenix can't pay more than the minimum.
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 04:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/droppingdimes20/stat...3712740353
Bruce Brown to Pacers is done.

--------------------------------------
Do we still believe this anonymous guy?

We'll see
Nothing he's dropped since the Harden news has happened. Supposedly there was going to be a big trade late yesterday. So does that mean it hasn't been announced or was he just throwing crap at the wall?
Like Reply
Will teams/agents be smart enough to wait a couple of minutes/hours before they announce stuff?
Like Reply
T minus 6 minutes before the Mavs disappoint me again.

I am ready to be hurt...again.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...9908029440

Heard the same as the esteemed
@MontePooleNBCS reported below: Dario Saric very likely to land with the Warriors as well.
Like Reply
Tell Kyrie to take the deal now or we give it to Landale
Like Reply
New NBA salary cap numbers for 2023-2024, per sources: Salary Cap: $136M; Tax Level: $165.2M; First Apron: $172.3M; Second Apron: $182.7M; Non-taxpayer mid-level exception: 12.4M. The salary cap and tax levels will rise 10 percent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Free agent Draymond Green and CEO of Klutch Sports Rich Paul have agreed on a four-year, $100 million contract to return to the Golden State Warriors, sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium
. The $100M deal contains a player option in Year 4.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...5087577088
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Free agent forward Draymond Green has agreed to a four-year, $100 million contract with a player option in the final season to re-sign with the Golden State Warriors on the first day of free agency, sources tell ESPN’s Andscape. Green, Stephen Curry & Klay Thompson stay together.

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1...9743047680

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1674900592026697728

"I’m told the Sixers and the Clippers have been engaged in conversations around a James Harden trade."

NBA Insider
@ShamsCharania
reports on James Harden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Free agent forward Draymond Green has agreed to a four-year, $100 million contract with a player option in the final season to re-sign with the Golden State Warriors on the first day of free agency, sources tell ESPN’s Andscape. Green, Stephen Curry & Klay Thompson stay together.

First. That´s it for the day. Cannot keep up. I miss Clutch and Kamm. Not sure how they did it.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-30-2023, 05:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: First. That´s it for the day. Cannot keep up. I miss Clutch and Kamm. Not sure how they did it.

They really were superheroes.

Imma try my best (and still got beat by the one and only dirkfansince1998)

Cleveland Cavaliers G Caris LeVert has agreed on a new two-year, $32 million contract, co-head of
@CAA_Basketball
Austin Brown tells ESPN. LeVert had career highs on three-pointers (127) and makes (39 percent) last season.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...4650315778

Free agent center Drew Eubanks has agreed on a two-year deal with the Phoenix Suns, with a player option in second season, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
. Eubanks is represented by agent James Dunleavy of Excel Sports.

Free agent forward Taurean Prince is finalizing a deal with the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium

Restricted free agent Coby White has agreed to a three-year, $33 million deal to return to the Chicago Bulls, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
Like Reply