Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
IT'S HARDY TIME: Jaden Hardy looking like a decent prospect
(01-16-2023, 11:14 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Getting Hardy real minutes should be one of the priorities this season. We've seen enough in flashes, but lets continue seeing more of it. His future is definitely as a rotation player.

The product on the court will look a lot different in a month. Trade deadline will have passed and who knows what that will look like. But DFS and Green will be back and getting their minutes. What will it mean for Hardy?

I'm not good at the minutes break down like some of you guys on here. But I'd like to see him getting 12-15 min a game once the whole crew is back. Whether that be at the expense of Bullock or Frank or less for Dinwiddie and THJ.

It probably takes THJ being traded for something other than a wing/guard (so, not LeVert).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Told y'all.
Like Reply
I'm beginning to think that Hardy is being held out of games because he's one of our best assets for trades.

He had the 25 point explosion then 12 minutes in the 4 games since then (and didn't even play the last 2 games)
Like Reply
(01-26-2023, 10:00 AM)MFFL Wrote: I'm beginning to think that Hardy is being held out of games because he's one of our best assets for trades.

He had the 25 point explosion then 12 minutes in the 4 games since then (and didn't even play the last 2 games)

Very possible. But i think its just a numbers crunch now that Green and DFS are back from injury. 

Hopefully a trade or two will free up some minutes for him.

BUT. If they do include him in a trade, i hope its to acquire talent and not using him to get off contracts.
Like Reply
(01-26-2023, 10:05 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: Very possible. But i think its just a numbers crunch now that Green and DFS are back from injury. 

Hopefully a trade or two will free up some minutes for him.

BUT. If they do include him in a trade, i hope its to acquire talent and not using him to get off contracts.

Knowing the Mavs, they will trade Hardy for a second round pick.  So they will get the pick back they traded to draft Hardy.   Love the Mavs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/Fr6niFqWEcE
Like Reply
I am pretty disappointed that Hardy has not gotten more minutes during this stretch.  He probably isn't ready, but being short handed and Hardaway struggling, there is no reason for not giving him 15 plus minutes a night.   Yesterday, he barely touched the ball in his few minutes.  He did have a bad turnover after the Hardaway missed lineup and he may have been slow on some rotations, but still.  For a team looking for a spark, it probably wouldn't have hurt too much and may have helped giving more of a run.   

He is one of a few guys I am hopeful looking 2-3 years out.   It seems like a waste to not give him a little room to stretch his wings when this team is really hard to watch right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-29-2023, 06:58 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am pretty disappointed that Hardy has not gotten more minutes during this stretch.  He probably isn't ready, but being short handed and Hardaway struggling, there is no reason for not giving him 15 plus minutes a night.   Yesterday, he barely touched the ball in his few minutes.  He did have a bad turnover after the Hardaway missed lineup and he may have been slow on some rotations, but still.  For a team looking for a spark, it probably wouldn't have hurt too much and may have helped giving more of a run.   

He is one of a few guys I am hopeful looking 2-3 years out.   It seems like a waste to not give him a little room to stretch his wings when this team is really hard to watch right now.
He can’t be any worse than Frank handling the ball. He will get more minutes soon after the trades
Like Reply
(01-29-2023, 08:42 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: He can’t be any worse than Frank handling the ball. He will get more minutes soon after the trades

This is less Hardy related and more Frank related but I'm surprised that when Frank and Josh share the floor that Frank is still handling PG duties.  Feels like those are some opportune times to just give it a whirl with Green doing all the initiating seeing as that one of those two probably doesn't have a very long future here.
Like Reply
(01-30-2023, 11:58 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is less Hardy related and more Frank related but I'm surprised that when Frank and Josh share the floor that Frank is still handling PG duties.  Feels like those are some opportune times to just give it a whirl with Green doing all the initiating seeing as that one of those two probably doesn't have a very long future here.

I cringe every time Frank is put in the game. I see no reason to have him in the game over Hardy. As you mentioned, give Josh and Hardy those opportunities. 

It would be nice if they were showcasing him for a small trade. But highly unlikely.
Like Reply
(01-30-2023, 12:02 PM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I cringe every time Frank is put in the game. I see no reason to have him in the game over Hardy. 

One of those playing time oddities that happens with Coaches, just depending on a certain coaches style leanings or sometimes something the Coaches know or see that the public doesn't.  Carlisle was infamous for this both on style preferences and on behind the scene motivations. 

Kidd loves defense 1st maybe and sees Frank's defense as more valuable?  
Coaching a guy like Frank up on offense seems a lot less likely to be successful than coaching a youngster like Hardy up on defense. 

Maybe a similar situation to Wood, who took the challenge and raised his defensive game.
Like Reply
Great game from Hardy obviously, the thing I'm most afraid of is him getting stuck on the end of the bench for the rest of the season with Luka and Kyrie back. They didn't even give him good minutes with Luka out, it took Dinwiddie and DFS out also for him to get these minutes. Developing Hardy is IMO even more important now given how thinned out we are, and the potential for Kyrie and Wood to leave.
Like Reply
Nice game by the rook.

He got to close a game out (other than meaningless minutes in a blowout) despite several glaring mistakes. I thought Kidd was going to sub him out a couple of times but stuck with him. 

A couple of dribbling mistakes, a couple of bad passes, some REALLY STUPID fouls but overall a great game. Seeing him in the game with Clarkson, you could really see the similarities.

If Jaden makes it through this trade deadline and the offseason trade season, I think the Mavs will have a really solid player for themselves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFFL's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
Hardy is the truth so says the Hardy Party DJ.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:16 PM)cow Wrote: Hardy is the truth so says the Hardy Party DJ.

Hmm...

Might want to pick another handle.

Not sure we need an AI clone...
Like Reply
Crazy that you actually have to play young players in actual NBA games, so they can learn, adjust, improve, grow rather than practice for three years in an empty gym against the same 10 people before they get traded after being completely deflated.

If only somebody had b*tched and moaned about it for a decade. Wink
Like Reply
Cato believes Hardy is an important piece....but probably more important to develop as an asset to use in a trade.  That has always been an option, but I really hope they also look to develop him as a long term piece.
Like Reply
If he can show more consistency in games like that last one, he would up his trade value and value to the team. It then becomes a question of the package he is delt with as to whether or not it’s worth it.

As of now? He’s at Beaubois level.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 08:23 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If he can show more consistency in games like that last one, he would up his trade value and value to the team. It then becomes a question of the package he is delt with as to whether or not it’s worth it.

As of now? He’s at Beaubois level.

Right now his trade value is lower than his potential. Just keep developing him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • Arioch, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 03:34 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Crazy that you actually have to play young players in actual NBA games, so they can learn, adjust, improve, grow rather than practice for three years in an empty gym against the same 10 people before they get traded after being completely deflated.

If only somebody had b*tched and moaned about it for a decade. Wink

Yes, but as soon as you start losing games because the young players made mistakes, then the even angrier mob is calling for the coaches' head on a platter.
Like Reply