Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Rui to LAL | Nunn + three 2nds to WAS
Exclamation 
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1617577842333581325
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/...9598792705
Like Reply
Good deal for the Lakers...I think. Good value at a dice roll on Hachimura, at least. I just don't immediately see how the 4 was a position of great need for them immediately, since that's LeBron's best position these days.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1617579520273575936
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1617578937810571265
Like Reply
I wonder if the plan is to plan him at the 5 a decent amount...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2432536576
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 12:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: the plan

Not sure the Mavs (shoot, I mean Lakers!) front office has a plan.
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 12:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Good deal for the Lakers...I think.

I think that is an excellent move for LA. Moving player that produced zero for a player that should provide scoring they so desperately need.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, khaled1987, RoyTarpleysGhost, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
so this basically means that if we hold onto Green/Hardy/FRPs then our trade assets of 2 seconds and essentially salary filler is valued less than Rui....
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 01:32 PM)omahen Wrote: I think that is an excellent move for LA. Moving player that produced zero for a player that should provide scoring they so desperately need.

That and the fact Davis, Reaves and Walker will probably  be back at the end of the week allegedly,  bodes well for them. They've been playing better and Bron is on a tear.
Like Reply
Nice trade for LAL.   Rui had some issue prior to last year that might have slowed down his development.   At the draft, I thought he was a guy who had to go to the right spot.    It was really important for his development.  But I thought he was pretty good in a few of the games against the Mavs.  Big guy who is skilled.   He is the exact type of big we need against a team like the Clippers.    

LAL seems to have gotten him for a low price....although one thing LAL is good at is drafting in the late first or second rounds.  

LAL may want cap room next year, so maybe a rental??
Like Reply
I think this trade set a benchmark for the market for teams looking to deal guys that will be RFA next season. Lots of meh RFA from this class that their teams might be looking to move.

Coby White: I think 2 SRP is realistic, perhaps 3
Hayes: 1 or 2 SRP
Reddish: 1 SRP at best
Thybulle: 1 SRP and salary saving?
PJ Washington (if Charlotte wants to move him): 3 SRP?
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • F Gump, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 03:02 PM)omahen Wrote: I think this trade set a benchmark for the market for teams looking to deal guys that will be RFA next season. Lots of meh RFA from this class that their teams might be looking to move.

Coby White: I think 2 SRP is realistic, perhaps 3
Hayes: 1 or 2 SRP
Reddish: 1 SRP at best
Thybulle: 1 SRP and salary saving?
PJ Washington (if Charlotte wants to move him): 3 SRP?

I would be surprised if there is any chance to get PJ without a first.  The only other guy on that list remotely interesting is Thybulle.
Like Reply
Mavs problem is they don't have a TE or an expiring salary in the range of 5-8 mil. The closest one is Powell with 11 mil. As in Rui case we can see, teams dealing such a player will value expiring salary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 03:10 PM)mvossman Wrote: I would be surprised if there is any chance to get PJ without a first.  The only other guy on that list remotely interesting is Thybulle.

Am I really the only one interested in taking a bargain basement stab at Reddish? 

I know it doesn't solve any of the current issues, but he's just as "close" as Hardy, and we're all super excited about him. As long as it doesn't cost a rotation player or a 1st, I think that's an intriguing get.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 03:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Am I really the only one interested in taking a bargain basement stab at Reddish?

No, I support it depending on the cost.
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 03:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Am I really the only one interested in taking a bargain basement stab at Reddish?

Which contract are you using? NY won't take McGee or Bertans (without serious assets), we don't want to give Green or Hardy. This brings you to rotation players. I think Bullock is a better player now. I would perhaps do it, if Reddish would be cost controlled for at least another year. But he is not. He may very well have DSJ like career. 

Story of course changes, if NY is willing to pay for Bullock. But then it becomes the Bullock trade, not Reddish one Smile
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 03:32 PM)omahen Wrote: Which contract are you using? NY won't take McGee or Bertans (without serious assets), we don't want to give Green or Hardy. This brings you to rotation players. I think Bullock is a better player now. I would perhaps do it, if Reddish would be cost controlled for at least another year. But he is not. He may very well have DSJ like career. 

Story of course changes, if NY is willing to pay for Bullock. But then it becomes the Bullock trade, not Reddish one Smile

He's on a lottery deal...right. So Ntilikina wouldn't fly. 

That definitely makes things harder.
Like Reply
(01-23-2023, 03:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: He's on a lottery deal...right.
 6 mil
Like Reply