Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 47: MIA (25-22) @ DAL (25-22) | 115-90 win
Heart 
[Image: Fm4jqKHWIAEBdN1?format=png&name=900x900]
Like Reply
I watched the Miami vs ATL game earlier in the week.   ATL won and Miami was a tad off.  But they are so tough and physical.   Mavs will need to be on their game tonight...and it may still not matter.

Bam is going to be a problem.   Hopefully we limit time he is on the floor with either McGee or Bertans.   It is a lot to ask for Powell though.   I can already feel frustration with the expectation that Miami is going to beat us to loose balls tonight.
Like Reply
(01-20-2023, 04:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I watched the Miami vs ATL game earlier in the week.   ATL won and Miami was a tad off.  But they are so tough and physical.   Mavs will need to be on their game tonight...and it may still not matter.

Bam is going to be a problem.   Hopefully we limit time he is on the floor with either McGee or Bertans.   It is a lot to ask for Powell though.   I can already feel frustration with the expectation that Miami is going to beat us to loose balls tonight.

To piggyback off your analysis, Victor Oladipo is playing well and seems to be rounding back in form after his injuries, and Gabe Vincent has had big games lately as well.  And you always have to be wary of Jimmy Butler and Herro. Would be a great time to stop the skid but they'll have to earn it.
Like Reply
(01-20-2023, 04:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote:  

Miami will blitz Luka a ton if history is a guide.  Not only does Powell have to handle Bam without getting into foul trouble, but he and Green are the best outlets for passes out of the double team.
Like Reply
Cuban be like: I need the email addresses of Wilbon, Rose, SAS and that white guy. That was so disrespectful.

The Heat is on. LITERALLY
Like Reply
Dorian playing the 5.
Like Reply
Heat looking like the ECF version of the Mavs. Slow and old. Zero effort on both ends.
Like Reply
(01-20-2023, 08:13 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Heat looking like the ECF version of the Mavs. Slow and old. Zero effort on both ends.

They truly look like sh*t offensively.
Like Reply
Dipo keeping the Heat connected.
Like Reply
I like that Hardy is always looking to attack, but he should've simply moved it to Bertans in the corner on that last one...possibly a 6 point swing there.
Like Reply
(01-20-2023, 08:28 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I like that Hardy is always looking to attack, but he should've simply moved it to Bertans in the corner on that last one...possibly a 6 point swing there.

Looked a little lost in his minutes but I don't mind his two missed drives.  Josh and he adding that pressure on defenses is a good thing.
Like Reply
great defense without fouling from Hardaway there.

(01-20-2023, 08:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: great defense without fouling from Hardaway there.

But he should've boxed out better this last time around.
Like Reply
Watching Butler and Adebayo reminds me of an even worse version of the Mavs spacing with Luka and KP.
Like Reply
Imagine what a player DoJo would have been, if he had a reputation like Jimmy Butler. Every time he airballs a wide open lay-up, the refs assume he must have been fouled.
Like Reply
Defense is better tonight.  What's the difference, I wonder?

[Image: jimmy-butler-smile-cwgyhv3t4vzlcrdj.gif]
Like Reply
(01-20-2023, 08:40 PM)cow Wrote: Defense is better tonight.  What's the difference, I wonder?

A slow paced MIA team with terrible spacing that is 23rd in the league in offense. 

And yet is still shooting 50% against the Mavs.
Like Reply
(01-20-2023, 08:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: A slow paced MIA team with terrible spacing that is 23rd in the league in offense. 

And yet is still shooting 50% against the Mavs.

[Image: fishing-gif-13.gif]
Like Reply
Miami looks like they don't want to.play. They look disinterested, and why did they give Herro the bag?  He's making dumb mistakes, and his shooting % is way down.
Like Reply
Miami is being Lukanized. Damn that boy is good.
Like Reply
Nice to see Luka playing with some joy and (productive) anger again. I think I even saw him execute a hard closeout on a shooter just now before this commercial break.
Like Reply