Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+23, 28 pts, 1 stl, 1 ast, 7 rbd, 8-13 threes)
86.96%
20 86.96%
SD (+35, 17 pts, 1 blk, 9 ast, 9 rbd)
13.04%
3 13.04%
Maxi (+16, 13 pts, 1 ast, 3 rbd)
0%
0 0%
RB (+15, 10 pts, 1 stl, 1 ast, 4 rbd)
0%
0 0%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 22 DIRKIE: Winner THJ (87%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Hardaway reminded the entire team today that they’re capable of winning. He gets my vote.
Like Reply
This is the Hardaway we’ve all been hoping for so hopefully he’s back. We need the average nights to be the 6-14 we saw in Detroit and the flame throwing nights look like the 8-13 today. As long as he isn’t having long stretches of 0-7 and 0-9 games he’s soooo helpful.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1599128576334639105
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 03:03 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is the Hardaway we’ve all been hoping for so hopefully he’s back. We need the average nights to be the 6-14 we saw in Detroit and the flame throwing nights look like the 8-13 today. As long as he isn’t having long stretches of 0-7 and 0-9 games he’s soooo helpful.

It was really 8-12 when you take that unselfish, end-of-quarter heave out of the equation. 

They aren't all going to be nearly this good, but as you say I sure hope he gets going with a little more consistency.
Like Reply
The shooting won’t be there every game but I was more impressed with the defense and rebounding.  Good things to see.

As a team they took the life away from the Knicks.  It is the energy we saw all the time over the second part of the year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 03:21 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: The shooting won’t be there every game but I was more impressed with the defense and rebounding.

I am convinced these things are connected, not coincidental.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Tim, for increasing his trade value.
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 03:25 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I am convinced these things are connected, not coincidental.

They are for sure for a couple reasons. One is unfortunate in that we tend to play like front runners (Luka is the worst offender of this) so bad shooting leads to bad energy. The other is something that Karrala highlighted well on his last podcast. Missing a bunch of threes leads to a ton of long rebounds/transition points for the other team. It’s something I think doesn’t get enough conversation in the high volume three point shooting era and the reason you see so many blowouts and huge comebacks these days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Ok, Tim. But 17/9/9 is one helluva stat line.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Jalen Brunson
Like Reply
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o6Zt0T3bD.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
The defense was good.  I think this was the Key.  But, alright, I'll give my Dirkie to THJ.  I guess he earned it.  It's kind of bittersweet because he simply can't be depended on to play this way all the time.  Sometimes he's hot.  Most of the time he's not.  He got a Dirkie tonight.
Like Reply
Christian Wood.  He didn't miss a defensive rotation the entire game!
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(12-03-2022, 03:03 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: This is the Hardaway we’ve all been hoping for so hopefully he’s back. We need the average nights to be the 6-14 we saw in Detroit and the flame throwing nights look like the 8-13 today. As long as he isn’t having long stretches of 0-7 and 0-9 games he’s soooo helpful.

He's on a heater now. But all this can change in the blink of an eye. One thing about THJ, he's going to keep chucking until he finds his groove again.
Like Reply
(12-04-2022, 09:10 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He's on a heater now. But all this can change in the blink of an eye. One thing about THJ, he's going to keep chucking until he finds his groove again.

I had to skim the board last night because I went to the TCU game (which is an 11 hour endeavor for me).  So, I don't recall who said this, but I liked it.  The theory went that THJ the bench player feels compelled to try to do too much.  Whereas, THJ playing next to Luka plays a limited role that he's more suited to.  Maybe its BS and we are just seeing a short term bump from the 'promotion'.  I'm hopeful.  I like how it splits up some of the non-defenders who were on the bench together.  I'm not a huge fan of Luka, THJ and Dinwiddie sharing the floor (and counting on Powell and DFS to clean up their mistakes) the first few minutes of each half.  

In four games of Hardaway starting, THJ is +18.  One bad game, one +0 and two good games.  His O/D ratings are 121/118 in those games.  Not great, but as a reserve the numbers are 94/113.  Super small sample size alert.
Like Reply
[Image: 780_0008_6160912_a4be74be5fb2591925a98c8c04aad2bc.jpg]
Like Reply