Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE GREEN MACHINE: The Subtle Emergence of Josh Green
https://youtu.be/1aZ-iYsOb6c
Like Reply
In the highlights he really looks like DPOY point god dunk champion ... Big Grin

I really hope he gets consistent minutes on the team and continues to develop. He needs to study Luka and Brunson's game and learn to operate at slower speed, add acceleration and deceleration to his game. Last season, his best plays were at constant full speed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Halfnir's post:
  • ballsrchr
Like Reply
(08-15-2022, 05:03 AM)Halfnir Wrote: ...hope he gets consistent minutes....and learn to operate at slower speed, add acceleration and deceleration to his game. Last season, his best plays were at constant full speed.

This.  I would also add that during his first year in the NBA (at least) Josh Green was under a coaching atmosphere that was not good for young, developing players...to the point of actually stunting growth and confidence in certain players.  Josh has all the tools  He just needs to be coached for the NBA.  Hopefully we now have the coaching staff for that.  I may be grasping at Mavs straws...but I'm a Mavs homeboy...
Like Reply
(08-15-2022, 05:03 AM)Halfnir Wrote: In the highlights he really looks like DPOY point god dunk champion ... Big Grin

I really hope he gets consistent minutes on the team and continues to develop. He needs to study Luka and Brunson's game and learn to operate at slower speed, add acceleration and deceleration to his game. Last season, his best plays were at constant full speed.

He also need to pull the trigger on open 3s.  He was timid in the regular season and scared in the playoffs.  If he can simply take the shot when its there and maintain his 36% three point average, his defense will keep him on the court long enough to be able to work on more advanced stuff.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • DallasMaverick, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Obviously, there's some positive news buzzing about Josh Green, and I think what we are all hearing/reading aren't just assumptions that he has improved.

It's a given that Josh Green would be a better player in his 3rd year. But how much better stat wise? What are reasonable stat expectations for him?

Prediction: 10ppg, 3rpg, 3apg, 1spg, .5bpg and an uptick on attempts and percentages across the board.
I'm also predicting Josh Green's FT percentage would be in the Luka FT range  Big Grin
Like Reply
(09-30-2022, 07:43 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Obviously, there's some positive news buzzing about Josh Green, and I think what we are all hearing/reading aren't just assumptions that he has improved.

It's a given that Josh Green would be a better player in his 3rd year. But how much better stat wise? What are reasonable stat expectations for him?

Prediction: 10ppg, 3rpg, 3apg, 1spg, .5bpg and an uptick on attempts and percentages across the board.
I'm also predicting Josh Green's FT percentage would be in the Luka FT range  Big Grin

I would argue the most important stat for him this coming season is 3 point attempts per 36.  He needs to get that over 5.  If the practice we just watched is any indication, he is well on his way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...86560?s=46&t=rMSUWCNoEJ-UxDb6Kcyydg
Like Reply
We may soon have to change the title of this thread. His talent is not so subtle anymore.
[-] The following 2 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BoredAssistant, MFFL
Like Reply
@"Winter", do you want to triple down on your Green take before the season starts? You'll earn a lot of cred if he looks this good in the preseason, you stick to your guns and then he still doesn't catch on.
Like Reply
(10-01-2022, 11:42 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"Winter", do you want to triple down on your Green take before the season starts? You'll earn a lot of cred if he looks this good in the preseason, you stick to your guns and then he still doesn't catch on.

I think Winter argued that we should cut him.  Its hard to make that case after watching him in practice, even if he does end up flaming out.  There is clearly something there to explore one more season.  Its not like we can do anything else with that cash/cap and you can't make the roster spot argument when we still have an open one.
Like Reply
All he needs is an ok shot from deep and he’s a quality rotation guy. That’s it. And he’s shown flashes of a better than ok shot already at age 21. Would not bet against JG. 

On the other hand, if he truly breaks out, Mavs might be too cheap to pay him. We only overpay for underperforming vets.
Like Reply
(10-01-2022, 03:03 PM)Tyler Wrote: We may soon have to change the title of this thread. His talent is not so subtle anymore.

Because of a fan jam game?

I’m rooting for the kid but it feels like he’s the only one on the roster for fans to hype up. We know what everyone else is (not a top 60 player).
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Imma wait and see before I claim he has arrived. Playing well in scrimmages against your teammates is totally different than real time game situations. I hope he can be a piece off the bench, they sure could use another wing without trading for one.
Like Reply
Fan game or not, the version of Green is way ahead of the version of Green who was content on being invisible on offense.

If anything, this fan game is a preview of things to come. He'd get the green light from the coaching staff early in the season. If he does not capitalize on it, then his tenure as a Mav or as an NBA player would be coming to an end very soon.

He is going to bring all he has. And he has to.

That's just a player fans can easily root for.
Like Reply
(10-03-2022, 06:25 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Fan game or not, the version of Green is way ahead of the version of Green who was content on being invisible on offense.

If anything, this fan game is a preview of things to come. He'd get the green light from the coaching staff early in the season. If he does not capitalize on it, then his tenure as a Mav or as an NBA player would be coming to an end very soon.

He is going to bring all he has. And he has to.

That's just a player fans can easily root for.

JG appears to have added some muscle/weight.
Like Reply
Here’s that draft page:
https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=200&highlight=2020+draft
Like Reply
(10-03-2022, 05:33 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Because of a fan jam game?

I’m rooting for the kid but it feels like he’s the only one on the roster for fans to hype up. We know what everyone else is (not a top 60 player).

I think there is hope that Wood can be a top 60 player.  He probably has the highest variance regarding what he can be on this team.
Like Reply
I was able to read this article.  Typically I cannot, so I guess I will post.

https://twitter.com/calliecaplan/status/...24580?s=46&t=iNRjUDIFtEG86eWxnweGBA
Like Reply
Honestly, by any angle you choose to view from, if Green becomes a 20 minutes per night player (or more) who can be a plus for you while he's on the floor that totally changes this roster from a depth standpoint. We should all be rooting for this possibility as hard as we can.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(10-04-2022, 11:24 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Honestly, by any angle you choose to view from, if Green becomes a 20 minutes per night player (or more) who can be a plus for you while he's on the floor that totally changes this roster from a depth standpoint. We should all be rooting for this possibility as hard as we can.

Yeah, I stated a couple days ago that him making "the leap" absolutely changes this roster drastically for the better. Not only from a playing standpoint this season but from a trade asset perspective. Hitting on a draft prospect IS the way that the roster outlook for teams is changed.
Like Reply