Poll: How do you grade this contract?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
50.00%
17 50.00%
B
41.18%
14 41.18%
C
5.88%
2 5.88%
D
0%
0 0%
F
2.94%
1 2.94%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EXTENSION: Maxi Kleber to DAL for 3 yrs/$33M (thru 2025-26, age 34)
(09-08-2022, 09:27 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Maxi was guarding Kawhi because he was the best option we had(even when hurt he was the best option). He was ran into the ground every year before this one. The problem is we rely on him too much
Which means we can’t rely on him to play 25 mpg off the bench, you’re making my point for me. Also, during the 3 games his back wasn’t hurt, he defended Kawhi excellently, problem is we played him 13 times in the playoffs. 

If we could actually rely on him? He’s as good as DFS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(09-08-2022, 10:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If we could actually rely on him? He’s as good as DFS.

Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Kleber is great, but let’s not get crazy. 

[Image: PlasticDelayedCoyote-size_restricted.gif]
Like Reply
He pretty much looked cashed to me for the second half of the year. Rallied in the playoffs, but generally, it’s not getting better at his age. I would have passed, but he has a nice salary number to put into a trade next off-season, so the jury is out until then. Probably better than just losing the asset.
Like Reply
(09-08-2022, 10:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: He’s as good as DFS.

Correct.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-08-2022, 11:42 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Correct.

Like Reply
(09-08-2022, 11:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Whoa, whoa, WHOA! Kleber is great, but let’s not get crazy. 

[Image: PlasticDelayedCoyote-size_restricted.gif]
If we could rely on him like DFS, he’s every bit as good on the court. Just can’t rely on him to be on the court as much as DFS.
Like Reply
(09-08-2022, 11:49 PM)cow Wrote:

Incorrect.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(09-09-2022, 12:01 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: If we could rely on him like DFS, he’s every bit as good on the court. Just can’t rely on him to be on the court as much as DFS.

[Image: thats-for-blasphemy-indiana-jones-and-th...rusade.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(09-09-2022, 12:03 AM)cow Wrote: [Image: thats-for-blasphemy-indiana-jones-and-th...rusade.gif]
The Mavs actually think Maxi’s contribution is better than DFS’s considering how much they’re both paid now and how much they play. Chew on that one a bit!

Just a lowly angel prince
Like Reply
(09-09-2022, 12:09 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The Mavs actually think Maxi’s contribution is better than DFS’s considering how much they’re both paid now and how much they play. Chew on that one a bit!

Just a lowly angel prince

If you have to use the MBT as evidence to prove your point...

[Image: morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif]
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
10/13ths the salary for almost 1/2 the minutes played!

(09-09-2022, 12:12 AM)cow Wrote: If you have to use the MBT as evidence to prove your point...

[Image: morgan-freeman-good-luck.gif]
That one’s pretty good ngl.
Like Reply
(09-08-2022, 10:17 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Which means we can’t rely on him to play 25 mpg off the bench, you’re making my point for me. Also, during the 3 games his back wasn’t hurt, he defended Kawhi excellently, problem is we played him 13 times in the playoffs. 

If we could actually rely on him? He’s as good as DFS.
I would be happy with 60 games played and 20 mpg for regular season. 30 mpg in the playoffs with fresh legs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(09-09-2022, 07:37 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: I would be happy with 60 games played and 20 mpg for regular season. 30 mpg in the playoffs with fresh legs
Point is, there’s no guarantee he’s “fresh” for the playoffs, and if he’s not, what was the point in the minutes and game restrictions? Also, there’s no way this is how the Mavs are gonna play it out, so what’s the point in discussing it? They’ll play him 25ish mpg until he gets injured. He’ll probably have some preventative rest games here and there, but they’ll continue doing what they have been doing with him, this extension says that.
Like Reply
Good signing.  He is the key in any rotation.  With Wood he brings defense.  With McGee he spaces the floor.  With small ball lineups he spaces the floor for Luka to post up.  Solid nba player, and I never thought that would be the case when he was first signed.
[-] The following 2 users Like haveitall's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Two way player. Can play 3 positions. Can defend the rim. Hits free throws too. This deal is a steal.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • audiosway, F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
This is a thread that deserves watching so giving it a bump. I’m one of only three who were less than enthusiastic about the deal.  I just don’t think Maxi’s body has $33 million worth of basketball left to give.  He got way too many minutes tonight.
Like Reply
[Image: barney-shoot-myself-gif.gif]
Like Reply
Maxi is a role player, role players aren't expected to be good all the time.

THJ isn't paid like a role player though, but he is bad most of the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Maxi is going to be fine guys lmfaoooooooooooooo
Like Reply
Maxi just looked lost out there which is understandable with all the new faces.  Weird that people are freaking out about him when there are much easier fingers to point.
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply