Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Pat Bev to LAL | THT+ Stanley Johnson to UTA
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...8263738368

Pat Bev+ Russ on the same team is going to be comical.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
For anyone wondering about the fact that this clears cap room for LA in free agency next summer, it's a lot. But ...

Right now, it's about 32.5M. It's enough for LA to add a couple good players to a bare roster of Lebron, AD, and misc. That's below the lowest max salary of 33M (and the prior team for those those lower-max guys typically have matching rights, so if they're any good they can't be grabbed in free agency). For more veteran players with the bigger max, LA has nowhere close to the 40M for the middle max or 47M for upper max. 

If they only have Lebron & AD, and get rid of ALL other salary, it gets them to about 34.5 of cap room. Still buys a couple of good players, but not a max on the non-restricted FAs where it matters. Not much diff.

If LA wanted to sign Kyrie, he wants his max of 47M, so he'd have to take a HUGE haircut to sign with LA.
Like Reply
Seems like a Westbrook trade is imminent
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 12:04 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Seems like a Westbrook trade is imminent

to the Guangdong Tigers
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 12:19 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: to the Guangdong Tigers

I'm sure LeGM and Rich Paul got something cooking
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 12:27 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I'm sure LeGM and Rich Paul got something cooking

LOL These same chefs brought Lakers fans the vomitorious spread last year -- should be quite a sumptious meal!
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 12:04 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Seems like a Westbrook trade is imminent

His value is pretty negative, and the acquiring team also has to send back a ton of salary to match.  So they'll probably have to attach draft picks to get it done.

Can we just stop, for a moment, and consider how bad that trade for Westbrook really was?

At least the Mavs received some decent value, and flexibility, for Porzingis.

Also makes me super happy they didn't re-sign Chandler Parsons back in the day. Nothing worse than paying a ginormous salary to an unproductive player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Hollinger wrote briefly about this today on the Athletic.  He speculated Lakers will need to give up both picks to move off of Westbrook.   For Irving, I think it would be a pretty easy decision despite his craziness.   Hollinger thought it would be too much for Turner/Hield but don't think the Pacers would do that especially with the lack of other assets the Lakers currently have.  

He thought maybe a Conley and Bogdanovich could work for Westbrook and the two future firsts.
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 10:13 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hollinger wrote briefly about this today on the Athletic.  He speculated Lakers will need to give up both picks to move off of Westbrook.   For Irving, I think it would be a pretty easy decision despite his craziness.   Hollinger thought it would be too much for Turner/Hield but don't think the Pacers would do that especially with the lack of other assets the Lakers currently have.  

He thought maybe a Conley and Bogdanovich could work for Westbrook and the two future firsts.

For Timmy, Bertans and Powell it would only cost them one unprotected first.
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 10:44 AM)mvossman Wrote: For Timmy, Bertans and Powell it would only cost them one unprotected first.

True.   I don't think that makes the Lakers contender worthy though.  Also takes them out of any salary cap room next summer.   I don't think they would have interest in that, I don 't think.
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 10:44 AM)mvossman Wrote: For Timmy, Bertans and Powell it would only cost them one unprotected first.

I would want (and expect to get) more than one unprotected first in such a swap, if I was Dallas.
Like Reply
(08-25-2022, 11:33 AM)F Gump Wrote: I would want (and expect to get) more than one unprotected first in such a swap, if I was Dallas.

It was mostly a joke.  I would do it for an unprotected first, but I don't think LA would be interested in that trade with no picks, as they probably don't want all that future salary that wont be easily movable (Bertans) or might not be (Timmy).
Like Reply
They should just release him.
Like Reply