Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
Lawson is in. No need to use a 2-way spot on an older player like Dorsey who plays the same position as Lawson and Pinson. Now the only drama left is if Moses Wright did enough to get the second spot
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...5310078978
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 10:49 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I liked my first viewing of Pippen jr.   First glance impression is he is going to be an NBA player.   Good poise out there.

What do you think of Shaq's son?
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 11:12 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: What do you think of Shaq's son?
Jermaine? I think he’s retired, I have also heard he has a house in Southlake.
Like Reply
I thought I saw a Shareef O'Neal
Like Reply
This team was a complete shit show.  But at least JH showed a little something tonight.  He looked like the only real NBA prospect on the team, and even that is pretty questionable. Bingham maybe could develop, I guess.  Mavs aren’t getting any help out of these guys this year. This isn’t the Marquis Daniels/Josh Howard summer league.
Like Reply

Javale offiically signed with the Mavs
[-] The following 6 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, ItsGoTime, khaled1987, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 11:27 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Bingham maybe could develop

I like him a lot, especially as a late bloomer, moves with a grace, elegance, and athleticism.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 11:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Jermaine? I think he’s retired, I have also heard he has a house in Southlake.

Ok, I guess I answered my own question.  Thanks...

(07-16-2022, 11:27 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Javale offiically signed with the Mavs

You got jokes too huh?    Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
You know, it’s a good thing the FO saved themselves from themselves by trading our first since we ended up at 37 with the guy we would have drafted at 26.
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • loki, omahen
Like Reply

I didn't think he was considered a pro prospect.   Just very little production in college and even had open heart surgery a few years ago.   I did see a highlight a few days ago of him dunking on the break and he looked really tall and athletic.  It just shows you how good you need to be to even play division 1 college ball.
Like Reply
(07-17-2022, 09:37 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You know, it’s a good thing the FO saved themselves from themselves by trading our first since we ended up at 37 with the guy we would have drafted at 26.

They also traded two 2nds to get Hardy so they can screw up one less pick in the future. Relentless execution from the new MBT.
[-] The following 4 users Like loki's post:
  • BigDirk41, ItsGoTime, omahen, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(07-17-2022, 09:37 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: You know, it’s a good thing the FO saved themselves from themselves by trading our first since we ended up at 37 with the guy we would have drafted at 26.

For real! When I heard Hardy was among the guys they were looking at for #26 I thought "wow, this worked out great for them, then." When Cato said on his podcast "this would've been their guy" at #26 I thought "wow, they didn't really read the draft very well at all!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
I still believe in Hardy's talent and think he's 1-2 years away from being a starter.

I think Hardy is still raw. To me I could tell when he was in distribute mode or scoring mode. It's like he was robotic and he either looked for the pass all the time or the shot. That's fixable and comes with experience. Most important thing is I don't think he ever looked too scared to be out there. 

When it comes to his scoring, I also think Hardy has a tendency to go on serious cold streaks and I think that stems from his mental. I think he's just thinking too much out there, and he forces/overthinks which leads to a bad miss, that then makes him force/overthink more. Thus a cascade happens.

This also works in his favor though! We saw how quick he can score 10-15 points if he gets hot. Reigning that in and having him learn a next play mentality will do wonders for him. This is also an issue I think experience will fix.

I think the lack of talent/offensive structure on the Mavs SL also really dampened what Hardy could've done. I remember the 2nd game he could've easily had 10 assists if his teammates just made a shot. The most important thing is he CAN find people, and theoretically with better players Hardy will be amplified. 

Mavs didn't screw up the Hardy pick. I really do think we're looking at a future steal. As long as he works his butt off and Kidd gives him some developmental minutes I really think Hardy can grow into a future starter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, hakeemfaan, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-17-2022, 01:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I still believe in Hardy's talent and think he's 1-2 years away from being a potential non-garbage time NBA player.

My version of your take.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(07-17-2022, 01:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I still believe in Hardy's talent and think he's 1-2 years away from being a starter.

I think Hardy is still raw. To me I could tell when he was in distribute mode or scoring mode. It's like he was robotic and he either looked for the pass all the time or the shot. That's fixable and comes with experience. Most important thing is I don't think he ever looked too scared to be out there. 

When it comes to his scoring, I also think Hardy has a tendency to go on serious cold streaks and I think that stems from his mental. I think he's just thinking too much out there, and he forces/overthinks which leads to a bad miss, that then makes him force/overthink more. Thus a cascade happens.

This also works in his favor though! We saw how quick he can score 10-15 points if he gets hot. Reigning that in and having him learn a next play mentality will do wonders for him. This is also an issue I think experience will fix.

I think the lack of talent/offensive structure on the Mavs SL also really dampened what Hardy could've done. I remember the 2nd game he could've easily had 10 assists if his teammates just made a shot. The most important thing is he CAN find people, and theoretically with better players Hardy will be amplified. 

Mavs didn't screw up the Hardy pick. I really do think we're looking at a future steal. As long as he works his butt off and Kidd gives him some developmental minutes I really think Hardy can grow into a future starter.

I agree with this. I really want to see him 6 months down the road if he is working on a daily basis with the Mavs. GLeague is not the right place for someone like him. No real structure and a lot of 1 on 1 play.

Even yesterday he kept fighting after a bad start and started shooting well. Then late in the 4th he had 2 sequences where he drove and kicked it out to the open man. One made 3 and the other missed. Both wide open shots. Those are encouraging signs that not only did he keep battling but that he was making the correct basketball plays when the game had got really close.
Like Reply
(07-16-2022, 11:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I like him a lot, especially as a late bloomer, moves with a grace, elegance, and athleticism.

Yup.  His heart surgery really put him behind the curve.
Like Reply
(07-17-2022, 01:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I still believe in Hardy's talent and think he's 1-2 years away from being a starter.

He looked really bad in SL.  Tons of turnover, very low BBIQ.  At some point he walked with the ball inbounds instead of passing it.  He failed many times to get himself open as inbound ball handler, looked lazy at times.  Reminded me of Ricky Ledo.  Hope coaches can rewire his brain or he will be playing in China next year.
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 12:17 PM)haveitall Wrote: Reminded me of Ricky Ledo.  Hope coaches can rewire his brain or he will be playing in China next year.

He reminded me of Jalen Brunson in his first summer league. Hope coaches can rewire his brain or he'll be playing for the Knicks on a $100mm contract in a few years.
Like Reply
(07-18-2022, 10:47 AM)cow Wrote: Yup.  His heart surgery really put him behind the curve.

Bingham had heart surgery?
Like Reply