Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Read Between the Lines of this Doncic Quote
“Well the market has just started, I hope the Mavericks FO have more options to make new additions. Let’s see what they do”

Q: Would you be willing to change and chase for the ring somewhere else?

“I'm not thinking about changing, my goal is to stay and win it in Dallas. Although of course, in the future you never know, but my idea and hopefully I will succeed, is to win in Dallas.”
Like Reply
Always leave a door open.  Smart kid.
Like Reply
Reading between the lines, he said he's gonna win a championship in Dallas! Is that what you were referring to WAB?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
I like the quote because it is honest.  He loves Dallas and wants to win here.  

Bullock just said he was a Mav forever today.  He might not last the week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hypermav's post:
  • ItsGoTime, MFFL
Like Reply
I don't think there's that much to read into. It pretty much sounds like he's focused on this next season and hasn't even put much thought into any farther out than that. I'll just take it at face value.
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft, SleepingHero
Like Reply
I think he's saying he would like the Mavs to trade up in future drafts to get a SCOTTIE or a KOBE before he bounces to Europe at 28 yrs old.
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 07:03 PM)MrGoat Wrote: I don't think there's that much to read into. It pretty much sounds like he's focused on this next season and hasn't even put much thought into any farther out than that. I'll just take it at face value.

If anything, he could've easily been more negative than that. Dude reaffirmed his commitment to the Mavs and wanting to make things work. He obviously doesn't know the future and what can happen in 5 years.

Don't really think there's much more to read into.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TodoMavs/status/1546671626825129985
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
That's highly positive, and very honest. You never know - this a very true thing/comment for everyone. Nobody is committed 100% for the next 18 years to anyone, in basketball. This would be unrealistic expectation.

Its important also for the best players to challenge Dallas and Cuban and coaches, not only the other way around. Luka also needs to challenge the leadership to become better. Jordan did the same. The best players also need to bring the best out of the coaches and the owner. To keep the standard of a winning team.
Like Reply
He’s committed to the Mavs when his obligations to the team resume in the fall. He’s clearly concerned the team took a step backwards, but is hopeful there’s more to come.  He wants to win in Dallas, but he’s definitely prioritizing titles over team in the next contract. He’s realizing his career can be validated only by multiple titles.
Like Reply
The important thing here is that Luka clearly expects them to make more additions. Standing pat from this point is not an option.
Like Reply
Confirmation bias at work. Quote allows all of us to find something that goes along with our own thoughts.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I don't spend time worrying about this, really. 

If he bounces, we here can't do anything about it. That'll be it for the Mavs' NBA title chances during many of our lifetimes, I suspect (I'm not sure we always fully appreciate what it's like to go straight from Dirk to Luka), so nothing to do but hope for the best.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • audiosway, ItsGoTime, Kammrath
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 05:41 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Confirmation bias at work. Quote allows all of us to find something that goes along with our own thoughts.
No bias here, Luka said we’re going to win the championship THIS upcoming season!
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 09:25 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Luka said we’re going to win the championship THIS upcoming season!

Luka is wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 09:20 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't spend time worrying about this, really. 

If he bounces, we here can't do anything about it. That'll be it for the Mavs' NBA title chances during many of our lifetimes, I suspect (I'm not sure we always fully appreciate what it's like to go straight from Dirk to Luka), so nothing to do but hope for the best.

100% with you on this. Not going to stress about something I have no control over.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
All I take from that quote is Luka is not Dirk.  The sooner Cuban realizes that the better.  But Cuban has his head so far up his own @ss that he won’t.
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 09:30 AM)Kammrath Wrote: 100% with you on this. Not going to stress about something I have no control over.

Right.  Not like the rest of the roster, which we fans have complete control over.  And should stress about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 09:27 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Luka is wrong.

Luka said his first 5 goals in the NBA were:

Year 1: Win ROY
Year 2: All-NBA, Playoffs, All-Star 
Year 3: Buy a couple of fast cars, maybe appear in a Drake song (he got used in a Bad Bunny song so I'll count it)
Year 4: Win MVP
Year 5: Win Championship.

Year 4 was the first time his predictions didn't come true, and it was mostly because he didn't follow his own advice of training with the best. He is notably training hard this year. I think if Luka says we're going all the way we're definitely going all the way!!!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vIeYWYWAbbk
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 12:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Year 4 was the first time his predictions didn't come true, and it was mostly because he didn't follow his own advice of training with the best. He is notably training hard this year. I think if Luka says we're going all the way we're definitely going all the way!!!

I have no doubt that Luka will learn from last year and take the next step. He has consistently been at least a year ahead of my expectations for him, so I’m finally on board with the idea that he’s ready to win a championship “now,” even if I do feel he has more growing to do as a player. 

Unfortunately, my worry is about the brand of basketball the Mavericks are preparing to play. Ugly. Outmoded. Pointless. Boring. Uninspired. Backwards. 

Blech
Like Reply