Poll: Who sits if Wood earns a starting spot?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reggie Bullock
15.22%
7 15.22%
Javale McGee
56.52%
26 56.52%
Spencer Dinwiddie
28.26%
13 28.26%
Total 46 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ROSTER TALK: Mavs favs for Vogel if no HC job exists. Kyrie handshake deal?
(06-30-2022, 07:49 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The Mavs aim is probably to reduce salary in a THJ trade, but get a player in return. Orlando and Detroit are the capspace teams with some need and previous interest/connections.

Ross for THJ (smaller relief)
Diallo for THJ (bigger relief)

come to mind.

Then use the $6M in cash and a 2nd round pick to dump Powell.

You have a strange obsession with Magic players but the overall idea is probably on point. Mavs want to reduce the payroll. Mavs don´t want to give up premium assets. Dinwiddie seeems to be the most important among the high salary guys. And Bertans is probably the worst asset. That leaves THJ.
Targeted teams also make sense. Mosley could see some value in THJ. Pistons wanted to sign him last summer.
(06-30-2022, 07:38 AM)Smitty Wrote: Circling back on the rumor that the Mavs were talking to the Pistons about trading a contract(s) without using an asset, and the Pistons known interest in THJ. I have some funny math that could make sense....

I did the math on the room Detroit has left yesterday in a post.  They can take Powell or Powell plus Green.  They won't have room for Hardaway unless Dallas is taking back a player from Detroit (or NY).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Smitty
Jake Fisher says the Knicks may have interest in Hartelstein.  Who knows if true or how much.   He would not be a starter there.

Reading the tea leaves, there appears to be value for the centers on the market.  The wings Dallas has said to prefer may be tougher to get at our price range.  It will be interesting to see if Dallas decides to go with a value signing.
(06-30-2022, 08:00 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I did the math on the room Detroit has left yesterday in a post.  They can take Powell or Powell plus Green.  They won't have room for Hardaway unless Dallas is taking back a player from Detroit (or NY).
I know it’s a pipe dream, but Stewart please!
(06-30-2022, 07:49 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The Mavs aim is probably to reduce salary in a THJ trade, but get a player in return. Orlando and Detroit are the capspace teams with some need and previous interest/connections.

Ross for THJ (smaller relief)
Diallo for THJ (bigger relief)

come to mind.

Then use the $6M in cash and a 2nd round pick to dump Powell.

I'm going to be pissed if they trade Timmy for a completely useless player just to save tax.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft, Okstate819
(06-30-2022, 08:20 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm going to be pissed if they trade Timmy for a completely useless player just to save tax.

SCORCHED EARTH
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Okstate819
(06-30-2022, 08:00 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I did the math on the room Detroit has left yesterday in a post.  They can take Powell or Powell plus Green.  They won't have room for Hardaway unless Dallas is taking back a player from Detroit (or NY).

Could DET reroute Burks to DAL while taking THJ + Green?
(06-30-2022, 08:20 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm going to be pissed if they trade Timmy for a completely useless player just to save tax.

Yes it will be a bad look and move.  Minutes are a huge issue.  If jalen is not back, then less so.  But to dump him at low value after considering him a core piece a year ago is not good roster management.

If Jalen comes back somehow, mavs may need to eat the tax this year and clean up the roster as we go.  

If they can find equal to better value for any of our high bench pieces than I could be on board.
So in the event JB chooses Mia, I guess since they are Miami, they could possibly figure out how to dump the salary to sign him outright, but the likelihood is not high and the cost might be more than they are interested in. I look at Orl’s bigs situation and think, there’s no way all those guys will be happy with lowered playing time AND they are hurting on the wing front. How about a 4 team trade? 

Tucker to Phi for filler to Dal. 
Robinson and Green to Orl for WCJ or Isaac (their pick) to Dal. 
JB to Mia. 

There might need to be some tweeking, but I think that is a decent base.
(06-30-2022, 06:56 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Cause Kleber is one of our best trade assets. To make a trade you also have to give the other team something it desires. All teams will ask for either DFS, Bullock or Kleber in a reasonable trade. If Philly gives away their starting SF/PF, they´ll obviously want a good SF/PF in return. Do you want to trade DFS instead? That would be the other option.

I think you are overestimating Maxi value in a trade, and underestimating his current value to Mavs.
(06-30-2022, 08:26 AM)Smitty Wrote: Could DET reroute Burks to DAL while taking THJ + Green?

Maybe.  That is what I had in mind when I wrote it the way I did, but driving into the office I heard Jake F say he’s heard Bagley will get $10mm+.  I hadn’t penciled him in for that much, so I’d have to redo the math and don’t have time right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Smitty
I hope I find someone who loves me as much as Mavs2021 loves fringe rotation players for the Magic.
[-] The following 5 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Kammrath, mvossman, Playmaker, SleepingHero
(06-30-2022, 08:45 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: I hope I find someone who loves me as much as Mavs2021 loves fringe rotation players for the Magic.

Just hope you make good life choices as often as I´m right about the MBT and you´ll have a very good life. Cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Well if we're looking for wing help... Miles Bridges may have just become a lot cheaper.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/06/29/nba-star-...-violence/
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...3798606849
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...2241122305
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0039081984
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Christian Wood will be the biggest acquisition. Just add some veterans for depth (Dragic, big man for cheap, and maybe take a flyer on Ingles) and I'll be happy
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...6977096704
(06-30-2022, 04:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...3798606849

"With Spencer Dinwiddie in place and Tim Hardaway Jr. due back from injury, Goran Dragic IS a strong eventual target after the Mavs chase wing and front-line depth."

Help me out here.

Luka
Dinwiddie
THJ
Bertans
Wood
DFS
Powell
Bullock
Kleber
Green
Frank
Pinson
Dragic
Hardy (rumored to get a multi-year deal, which means a roster spot)
McGee

That's 15 players.  If Dallas also wants wing help, it means another move has to be made. 

The obvious casualties are either Pinson or Frank. But there could also be a trade lined up.