https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8335618050
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/status/1...8034030592
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...6327811072
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...3211057152
Like Reply
Quote:Mavericks guard Jalen Brunson, Bulls wing Zach LaVine, and Wizards guard Bradley Beal are all considered likely to remain with their respective teams in free agency this offseason, Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report said during an appearance on the Dunc’d On podcast this week.

Brunson has been linked to teams like the Knicks, Pistons, and Pacers over the last few months, but the Mavs have consistently stated both publicly and privately that they want to hang onto the point guard. According to Fischer, people around the league are writing in Brunson’s return to Dallas “in Sharpie” at this point. “Literally, everyone in the league is saying that,” Fischer said.

Fischer has been among the reporters to suggest that LaVine’s return to Chicago is no longer viewed as a sure thing, but he doesn’t believe the All-Star swingman will actually leave the Bulls.

“Even people around him have been saying all along, ‘Yeah, the door’s open, but we don’t think he’s going to leave,'” Fischer said.

Asked if there’s any smoke around the idea of Beal exiting Washington, Fischer said he hasn’t heard anything he’s “giving much weight to.” As Fischer observes, the Wizards guard could accept a lucrative contract offer to remain in D.C. this offseason, knowing that he could request a trade down the road if he eventually decides he wants out.

“The Zach LaVine thing, like I said, I don’t expect him to leave, but people there are at least saying, ‘Yeah, the door’s open for him to go,'” Fischer said. “No one’s even coming close to that type of verbiage when it comes to Brad.”
Like Reply
Quote:Following up on his reporting on OG Anunoby, Fischer reiterated that he believes the Raptors wing wants a greater role on offense. “I do definitely think there’s definitive truth that he wants more opportunity,” Fischer said. “That’s the one thing that’s been repeated across the board from everyone I’ve talked to — from people within his representation, to coaches who’ve worked with him in the past, to general people in the league who would know, let’s say. And that’s the one word that everyone consistently agrees on, that he wants more opportunity, and it doesn’t seem like a clear path to having that in Toronto.”

The Raptors aren’t going to “sell off” Anunoby, but appear open to the idea of including him in a trade for an impact player, according to Fischer, who once again identifies the Trail Blazers and Jazz as teams with interest. “Portland is definitely targeting OG. He’s definitely said to be someone that (Damian) Lillard wants to pair with,” Fischer said. “Utah has had conversations – I think they’ve even had conversations with Toronto, (though) I don’t want to say there’s been offers made. Right now most of these teams are in super-early conversations and the only team I hear about that’s ready to talk trade right now is (the Hawks).”
Like Reply
Quote:Fischer believes Suns center Deandre Ayton could be the biggest name to change teams in free agency this summer, perhaps in a sign-and-trade. “He wants the max, he doesn’t want to come down from that,” Fischer said of Ayton. “… Detroit gets mentioned a lot. Portland, it seems like he’s another guy that Dame has interest in playing with. Toronto gets mentioned. San Antonio’s been mentioned.”
Like Reply
Quote:Hawks big man John Collins is another player Fischer believes is drawing interest from the Trail Blazers. Fischer adds that the Spurs had serious interest in Collins a year or two ago, but admits he’s not sure whether that’s still the case. “There was someone I talked to today who had just spoken to Atlanta in recent days who said that John Collins is clearly the guy that they are most interested in moving,” Fischer said.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6774498304
Like Reply
https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news/hous...allas-mavs
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 09:39 AM)Jommybone Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news/hous...allas-mavs

Quote:"Although the Rockets will likely shoot for a trade with a higher return if they decide to part ways with Wood, a trade with their I-45 rival Dallas Mavericks could be an interesting option. The Mavs own the No. 26 pick in the draft and have expiring deals to match Wood’s contracts. Dallas also has a young prospect in Josh Green that could potentially be a deal sweetener."

Funnily enough this is written by notable Mavs fan (and former writer under Fish...?) Dalton Trigg.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
The knock on Wood has to be about character and chemistry, I'd think. I have nothing specific to point to about that, but when a guy with that type of talent switches teams gets moved so much (kind of surprised Houston is already giving up) and fans can't figure out why, there's usually problems with attitude, work ethic, life-style, etc. Those things might seem peripheral and unimportant to us, but for those who have to work and (basically) live with these guys, that stuff is of primary importance, I'm sure. 

But, there's no question that some of the shine has worn off of him already, and tbh, he wasn't the hot commodity I expected, even during his recent free agency. I do think he's a player the Mavs can afford to acquire, if they set their sights on him. 

It will be interesting to see what teams, if any, go after the kid at this point. Like I said, I have no idea what it is, but there is something about him turning people off.
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 01:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The knock on Wood has to be about character and chemistry, I'd think. I have nothing specific to point to about that, but when a guy with that type of talent switches teams gets moved so much (kind of surprised Houston is already giving up) and fans can't figure out why, there's usually problems with attitude, work ethic, life-style, etc. Those things might seem peripheral and unimportant to us, but for those who have to work and (basically) live with these guys, that stuff is of primary importance, I'm sure. 

But, there's no question that some of the shine has worn off of him already, and tbh, he wasn't the hot commodity I expected, even during his recent free agency. I do think he's a player the Mavs can afford to acquire, if they set their sights on him. 

It will be interesting to see what teams, if any, go after the kid at this point. Like I said, I have no idea what it is, but there is something about him turning people off.

I've heard his video game playing tends to be higher on his priority list than his job as a basketball player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 01:26 PM)F Gump Wrote: I've heard his video game playing tends to be higher on his priority list than his job as a basketball player.

That would do it, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
Quote:"Meanwhile, an NBA source said center-starved Dallas is not expected to be interested in Robinson at his hefty price tag (at least $11M per year) and have set their sights on cheaper free-agent centers."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
This ^^^^, if we take it at face value, would seem to indicate that they're not interested in trading assets for a big money center. 

I think I'm relieved. There are a few targets out there I'd like, but far more that would scare me to death.
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This ^^^^, if we take it at face value, would seem to indicate that they're not interested in trading assets for a big money center. 

I think I'm relieved. There are a few targets out there I'd like, but far more that would scare me to death.

I want Nurkic. If he can be healthy I think he would be a monster with Luka. He is one of the best two way centers in the league IMO. But he needs to stay healthy. But his health is why he might come cheap. I hope he is available for the TPMLE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This ^^^^, if we take it at face value, would seem to indicate that they're not interested in trading assets for a big money center. 

No, it's not the indication of their C limits at all. This is about a FA to be signed. Mavs can't trade for him, and their  6.2M free agent limit is smaller than his expectations, which is no surprise..
Like Reply
(06-11-2022, 02:02 PM)F Gump Wrote: No, it's not the indication of their C limits at all. This is about a FA to be signed. Mavs can't trade for him, and their  6.2M free agent limit is smaller than his expectations, which is no surprise..

Yeah, I guess I just took it a different way than you. Again, taking this quote at face value and trusting it (huge if's, I get that), my takeaway was less about free agency (seems obvious that they can't afford more in free agency, so how could that news be helpful in any way to anyone) and more about what funds they want to allocate to the center position under any circumstances. 

You might be right, not sure.
Like Reply