Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
2.13%
1 2.13%
DAL (4-1)
8.51%
4 8.51%
DAL (4-2)
65.96%
31 65.96%
DAL (4-3)
12.77%
6 12.77%
GSW (4-3)
0%
0 0%
GSW (4-2)
6.38%
3 6.38%
GSW (4-1)
4.26%
2 4.26%
GSW (4-0)
0%
0 0%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS WCF: #3 GSW (4-1) vs #4 DAL (1-4)
(05-26-2022, 02:45 PM)burekemde Wrote: they will be heading for Dallas for game 6 at much tougher conditions now

You would hope they're working on fixing the roof instead of making it worse tbh.
[-] The following 2 users Like StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • ItsGoTime, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/iztok_franko/status/...5152836624
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Smitty, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 12:53 AM)audiosway Wrote: I'm just going to leave this out there. GS has lost a series after being up 3-1 in the Finals. Just saying.

Who even? I can't think of any? Lebron? Wilt Chamberlain? Jordan wasn't more mature at 23. He was still hogging the ball constantly then.
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 5) Luka is the most talented player on the team (probably the most talented player I have ever seen in 40 years of following the NBA, other than MJ). Because of that I am going to hold him to the highest standard and especially point out where I think he is wasting his talent (being one of the most immature players I have ever rooted for and a player who is squandering more of his talent than I anyone I have ever rooted for).

How is he wasting his talent? I mean are you saying that if he wasn't wasting his talent we would have already been winning championships? Are you saying that Luka should already be doing things Jordan didn't do?

The only things I can think of are taking care of his body and complaining to refs.  Is there something else? He has already stopped much of his complaining to refs. And he takes care of his body like a lot of Euros do - its a cultural thing. Either he improves this or he doesn't. I think he will.

But how is he immature exactly? I think he is arguably one of the most mature 23 years olds Ive ever seen. And what is this talent that his is wasting? What specifically do you want from him? He is literally arguably the best player in the league at 23. Would you rather we could trade him for Giannis straight up? Or someone else?

Can you please clarify you opinions? I am completely perplexed.

Thanks.

As a postscript, if you think Luka's talent is being wasted, I think your should direct your anger and frustration and accountability to Mark Cuban, who is an untalented basketball moron.
[-] The following 1 user Likes windjc's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 04:39 PM)windjc Wrote: how is he immature exactly? 

Can you please clarify you opinions?

Always happy to clarify my opinions!

I think Luka is mature behind a microphone. He is really good there and doesn't throw his teammates and others under the bus, and takes ownership for failure, etc. Great stuff there.

I think Luka is immature...

1) On-the-court: "Quitting"/”pouting” when things don't go his way, not putting in full effort on D (especially when his shots aren’t falling or he isn’t getting calls), talking to refs DURING live play when he should be focused on the game, visibly getting frustrated at teammates who don't do what he wants, and settling for threes (especially when no teammate has touched the ball). 

2) Off-the-court: Not practicing on his game and being a gym-rat at an NBA level (JJB revealed this on the Reddick podcast), partying during the season, not having the right diet (eating candy and drinking alcohol), not putting in the work to have the stamina to play 40+ mins on both ends (defense especially), and not coming into the season in-shape and ready to perform at peak level.

(05-26-2022, 04:39 PM)windjc Wrote: How is he wasting his talent?

He is wasting his talent by not putting in full effort and not taking care of his body at an NBA level. He basically gets by on natural talent alone. If he put in the work and the body care that his teammates do (not to mention someone like Dirk), he would be MVP of this league already, and already have been to the Finals IMO. Luka is not even CLOSE to his "best self" IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He is wasting his talent by not putting in full effort and not taking care of his body at an NBA level. He basically gets by on natural talent alone. If he put in the work and the body care that his teammates do (not to mention someone like Dirk), he would be MVP of this league already, and already have been to the Finals IMO. Luka is not even CLOSE to his "best self" IMO.

Wasting =/= Maximizing 

Still have a few years to figure out if Luka is more Shaq or Kobe.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:32 PM)cow Wrote: Wasting =/= Maximizing 

Semantics I think. 

I see it as "waste" because I think at 23 Luka could already be much further than he is. He has "GOAT" level talent, i.e. he has a natural talent level that could lead him to surpass MJ when all is said and done. But he HAS to put in the work to get there. I personally see it as a "waste of talent" if he doesn't.
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:36 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Semantics I think. 

I see it as "waste" because I think at 23 Luka could already be much further than he is. He has "GOAT" level talent, i.e. he has a natural talent level that could lead him to surpass MJ when all is said and done. But he HAS to put in the work to get there. I personally see it as a "waste of talent" if he doesn't.

Hard disagree on semantics.  Luka IS great so he's not wasting his talent.  He could be so much more so it's much more appropriate to say he's not maximizing his talent.  "Wasting" is also much more appropriate label for someone when their career rather than when they are still on their first contract.
  • Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:40 PM)cow Wrote: Luka IS great so he's not wasting his talent.  He could be so much more so it's much more appropriate to say he's not maximizing his talent.

Totally semantics. 

Dictionary definition of "waste": "to consume, spend, or employ uselessly or without adequate return"

I believe Luka is not getting an "adequate return" on his talent level. So "waste" is an appropriate use for what I am trying to convey. 

You may not use "wasted talent" in that way. I definitely agree with you he is not "maximizing" his talent. But I also think he is "wasting" it by not getting an adequate return for the level of talent he has been gifted. 

Semantics. Smile
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:45 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Totally semantics. 

Dictionary definition of "waste": "to consume, spend, or employ uselessly or without adequate return"

I believe Luka is not getting an "adequate return" on his talent level. So "waste" is an appropriate use for what I am trying to convey. 

You may not use "wasted talent" in that way. I definitely agree with you he is not "maximizing" his talent. But I also think he is "wasting" it by not getting an adequate return for the level of talent he has been gifted. 

Semantics. Smile

Totally not semantics.  You are either overly harsh or misusing the concept, but you are free to do so and I still love you.  

Did Shaq waste his talents?  No.  Did he maximize them?  Hell no.  He had one of the most dominate stretches the league has ever seen.  Had it stayed in better shape, that run of dominance could have lasted much longer and he'd be in the conversation of one of the greatest players ever but instead he has to settle for one of the greatest centers ever.  

You might just need to adjust your expectations.  Not everyone has the drive, talent, ethic and will to maximize their talents and potential.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:58 PM)cow Wrote: Totally not semantics. 

[Image: cow-cop.gif]
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 10:59 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: cow-cop.gif]

[Image: funny%2Bcow%2Bkung%2Bfu%2Bfight.gif]
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/warriors/status/1530037049071308800
Like Reply
Warriors are just too good and should continue to be a contender for the next 1-2 years at least...as long as they can be healthy by the playoffs. We're probably not beating them in the playoffs unless we have a Super Team. That roster and system is hard to beat for any team in the league but especially with the Mavs' Luka-centric offense. Golden State has seen years of LeBron and Harden so they are always prepared for this style.

So the Mavs just need to keep improving and be patient for a few more years. We might have no choice but to wait out the end of the Warriors Era but as long as we find some young players to build with. It's going to take time and a few more years of playoff failures
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 11:32 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Warriors are just too good and should continue to be a contender for the next 1-2 years at least...as long as they can be healthy by the playoffs. We're probably not beating them in the playoffs unless we have a Super Team. That roster and system is hard to beat for any team in the league but especially with the Mavs' Luka-centric offense. Golden State has seen years of LeBron and Harden so they are always prepared for this style.

So the Mavs just need to keep improving and be patient for a few more years. We might have no choice but to wait out the end of the Warriors Era but as long as we find some young players to build with. It's going to take time and a few more years of playoff failures

I do wonder what their window is but I'd never count them out.  GSW and Kerr are great at developing talent.  They'll probably lose some contributors this offseason in Looney, OPJ and Payton.  Wiseman is a big question mark but I like Kuminga.  They'll also lose Wiggins after next season as I'm guessing Poole is going to be due for a massive payday.  Steph is 34 and seems mortal these days and Klay is 32 and is really only Klay every 3rd or 4th game (maybe that changes in year two of the recovery).  They will both be injury concerns at this point.  

This is definitely the year to capitalize.  Grizzlies are going to be terrifying sooner than later as long as Ja can stay healthy.
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Warriors looked like demi-gods the entire series. Their system just totally countered the Mavs. 

I feel like we're going to look back and wonder if the Mavs just closed out possessions (Looney had more offensive rebounds than the entire Mavs team in every single game;' Curry had more rebounds than Dwight+Maxi combined) things might've looked different, especially because game 3 was close. 

Time to find that center and the backup wing that can relieve some pressure from DFS+Bullock.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/statu...1385378816
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 11:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Time to find that center and the backup wing that can relieve some pressure from DFS+Bullock.

Is it finally time to get on the Oladipo bandwagon?
Like Reply
It was a fun ride. Really impressive to make it to the WCF despite the roster having such obvious flaws. I can't wait to see what this group can do once those are addressed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes loki's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
I picked Warriors in 5. I was right!
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply