Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
2.13%
1 2.13%
DAL (4-1)
8.51%
4 8.51%
DAL (4-2)
65.96%
31 65.96%
DAL (4-3)
12.77%
6 12.77%
GSW (4-3)
0%
0 0%
GSW (4-2)
6.38%
3 6.38%
GSW (4-1)
4.26%
2 4.26%
GSW (4-0)
0%
0 0%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS WCF: #3 GSW (4-1) vs #4 DAL (1-4)
https://streamable.com/wswze1
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 03:18 AM)audiosway Wrote: I'm in. I voted Mavs in 7 on this poll before the series started. Someone at some point has to be the first team to win a series after being down 0-3. Why not this team?

You were one of the ones I was referring to.  lol

I'm a pretty negative person in general, but the majority of this bored has given up.  I had the Mavs in 6.  I don't think our odds are great or anything but I'm not giving up.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.

#WeBelieve2.0RoleReversalEdition
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • audiosway, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 01:27 PM)cow Wrote: You were one of the ones I was referring to.  lol

I'm a pretty negative person in general, but the majority of this bored has given up.  I had the Mavs in 6.  I don't think our odds are great or anything but I'm not giving up.  Nothing would surprise me at this point.

#WeBelieve2.0RoleReversalEdition

Homer till the end my brother. The Mavs have had a great season and are seriously playing with house money right now. Yes the Warriors are champions and all of that. But let's not forget that they nearly gave up a 3-1 lead to OKC a few years ago. I think this next game puts all of the pressure on GS. If they don't win this next game the doubts will start creeping in.

Luka is not the kind of player you want to get motivated. He's not like KD, Harden, or Westbrook. He has that killer instinct. That's why the Warriors came out fighting in game 3. That's also why they are being very respectful doing things like laughing with Luka, picking him up off the court. They don't want to poke the bear like the Suns did.

If I were Kidd I would put up a huge poster of Wiggins dunking on Luka in the locker room. My message would be that the Warriors love to move and cut. I would have guys sliding into the cutting lanes all over the court. You get them out of rhythm and they are done. Bump them. Get physical without fouling. Wear them down physically. Drive the paint. Two feet in the paint on every trip down the floor.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
[-] The following 2 users Like audiosway's post:
  • burekemde, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 02:04 PM)audiosway Wrote: If I were Kidd I would put up a huge poster of Wiggins dunking on Luka in the locker room.

So would I....and did. Have fun with the response from the "Luka-fans".... Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • audiosway
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 02:24 PM)Kammrath Wrote: So would I....and did. Have fun with the response from the "Luka-fans".... Smile

Are you not a fan of Luka?
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • burekemde, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 02:04 PM)audiosway Wrote: Homer till the end my brother. The Mavs have had a great season and are seriously playing with house money right now. Yes the Warriors are champions and all of that. But let's not forget that they nearly gave up a 3-1 lead to OKC a few years ago. I think this next game puts all of the pressure on GS. If they don't win this next game the doubts will start creeping in.

Luka is not the kind of player you want to get motivated. He's not like KD, Harden, or Westbrook. He has that killer instinct. That's why the Warriors came out fighting in game 3. That's also why they are being very respectful doing things like laughing with Luka, picking him up off the court. They don't want to poke the bear like the Suns did.

If I were Kidd I would put up a huge poster of Wiggins dunking on Luka in the locker room. My message would be that the Warriors love to move and cut. I would have guys sliding into the cutting lanes all over the court. You get them out of rhythm and they are done. Bump them. Get physical without fouling. Wear them down physically. Drive the paint. Two feet in the paint on every trip down the floor.

Great post Audio. I was also thinking about the super over agressive way Curry plays defense on our pick and roll and break it apart, and its been working and putting us off the rhythm. When Luka sees that next time, he should not wait as he does for the pick and roll to work, but instead go full-steam into  anticipating where Curry will try to break it, even before he breaks the pick and roll and just attempt the 3 point shot. He will get so many calls on Curry this way and make him stop doing that illegal defense on pick and roll.

As you mention, we need to get them out of their comfort zone and what they are doing. Some of these things are the way forward. We need to break them apart. If not, they will do that to us. We need to be a lot more physical and win these small IQ battles that they are winning now. But its very very close, because we have destroyed their base defense, then they switched to zone, in last game we are staring to uncover their zone defense. If that happens and we pick that apart, which IMO will happen, they will not even look as the same team any longer.

Mavs are winning this in game 7. Next game Luka will fully explode I believe, and we will see more things we have figured out about them. They surprised us with the zone defense. But after that I dont believe they have more to adapt scheme wise and further surprises, and they will be the team that is under pressure. Last game showed me they are out of surprises. They have shown what they got and we are the ones adapting well to all of it. If Mavs win next game, its back to Dallas in game 6, where we will see our role players just playing better,  and then game 7, and we all know that you dont want to play Luka in game 7. The next game is going to be the toughest one mentally. Its away court and the furthest from the exit tunnel which is the win in game 7. But if we win the next game, and I strongly think we will, then all the momentum is on Dallas side. We get home with momentum, and we know as well as everyone else and even the GSW team that game 7 we will not lose that one. Key is the next game, this is the true win or lose game, the winner takes it all there in game 5.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • audiosway, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 02:37 PM)Smitty Wrote: Are you not a fan of Luka?

I am! Anyone who actually reads my stuff knows that. 

1) I pushed for Luka BEFORE he was drafted and was THRILLED the Mavs traded for him as I was convinced he was the best player in the draft.

2) I created the damn "Halleluka" thread and have probably made 75% of its posts.

3) He is my favorite player on the Mavs (and in the NBA) right now.

4) BUT I am a Mavs fan before I am a Luka fan. I was a Mavs fan BEFORE Luka was born. 

5) Luka is the most talented player on the team (probably the most talented player I have ever seen in 40 years of following the NBA, other than MJ). Because of that I am going to hold him to the highest standard and especially point out where I think he is wasting his talent (being one of the most immature players I have ever rooted for and a player who is squandering more of his talent than I anyone I have ever rooted for).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MavsPR/status/1529563429886885891
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: being one of the most immature players I have ever rooted for and a player who is squandering more of his talent than I anyone I have ever rooted for

This is the stuff I disagree completely about, it's so way off as something ever said. Luka is the most mature young player to ever play this game. He leads the team at 23, he did it even at 21. At 13 his maturity was that of a 23. Now at 23 his maturity is of a player of 33. Not only today but in history. Remember he is 23 and had no offseason because he is so mature and full of heart and responsibility he can't see his national team lose, and will go to help them even though that's bad for his NBA career. That's maturity and accountability and leadership to leave nobody behind the lines. He lead the national team to a great run, and he does the same to Dallas, he leaves nobody close to him behind, as some other players do like Jokic etc. It's absolutely the best thing to do in such a situation after no or extremely short offseason, to take a break in order to gain energy to get this team to WCF.  Which he did. In the long run that's the best and smartest thing to do. Otherwise he would have had no stamina, physical nor mental, at this time right now and we wouldn't even be in WCF, in game 7 against Suns we would have lost.

Remember how he had troubles with refs? So young adapting to such a bad habbit and removing that, it is no longer a big issue. That's impressive and mature to recognise this and adapt. Remember how players before could get into his mind and make him commit mistakes and technical fouls, for instance Clippers last year? This year he learned and he made that to the Suns which are 20 years more experienced than him. He got into their mind now and not the other way around, and he was the one physically beating up the other team. That's pure maturity and adaptability. Remember his overall game when he came into the league? It was not that all-around, he had absolutely no mid range game or FTs. Each and single season he added new elements to his game. If that is not mature, I don't know what it is. He improves his FTs, still can be better but better, he improved his overall game to the point he can now made Dirk fadeaways now and there is not a single shot he can't make. His defense is greatly improving, despite the few bad plays per game, he makes a ton of excellent reads and plays and gets better and better. He works on his game every season and develops new things. That's maturity. And one of the greatest parts is how he never blames a teammate or the coach, always himself after a loss. Eventhough when its clear as it could possibly be that it was not his fault but that the team played awfully. There is no way you leave Curry, Poole, Klay, Wiggins open as much as you leave the Bullocks, DFS's, SD's or Maxis open and they just keep missing them in some games, but he blames it on himself. Luka is a leader and a QB, and for that you need extreme maturity. To call him immature based on all of this above and much more I didnt mention, is really not justified.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • Branduil, omahen
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 5) Luka is the most talented player on the team (probably the most talented player I have ever seen in 40 years of following the NBA, other than MJ). Because of that I am going to hold him to the highest standard and especially point out where I think he is wasting his talent (being one of the most immature players I have ever rooted for and a player who is squandering more of his talent than I anyone I have ever rooted for).

Not to speak for Kamm, but this is where people get things twisted.  There is a lot to love about Luka but he isn't without fault.  And pointing out faults doesn't mean you hate Luka or don't appreciate some of his other worldly talents.  We all need to be better at Twitter level discourse where everything is black or white and start talking more about all the various shades of gray.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(05-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am! Anyone who actually reads my stuff knows that. 

1) I pushed for Luka BEFORE he was drafted and was THRILLED the Mavs traded for him as I was convinced he was the best player in the draft.

2) I created the damn "Halleluka" thread and have probably made 75% of its posts.

3) He is my favorite player on the Mavs (and in the NBA) right now.

4) BUT I am a Mavs fan before I am a Luka fan. I was a Mavs fan BEFORE Luka was born. 

5) Luka is the most talented player on the team (probably the most talented player I have ever seen in 40 years of following the NBA, other than MJ). Because of that I am going to hold him to the highest standard and especially point out where I think he is wasting his talent (being one of the most immature players I have ever rooted for and a player who is squandering more of his talent than I anyone I have ever rooted for).

You said “Luka-fans” in your previous post, insinuating that you were not a fan of Luka. It was a genuine question. Appreciate the thought out response. The last sentence is a bit much imo but to each their own.
Like Reply
I'm just going to leave this out there. GS has lost a series after being up 3-1 in the Finals. Just saying.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
I think there are probably like 5 players in NBA history who were more mature at age 23 than Luka.
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 12:53 AM)audiosway Wrote: I'm just going to leave this out there. GS has lost a series after being up 3-1 in the Finals. Just saying.

Also not a stretch to say the series could easily be 2-2

Warriors look like the better, deeper team, but there's a reason teams don't play zone all the time. Feels like Golden State is playing with fire a bit. 

The thing about "live by the three, die by the three," is it goes both ways. If shots go in, GSW could be in trouble. If they don't, Mavs will be overwhelmed and crack up.

Keys to the game at this point are obvious. 
(1) Make open shots (2) defensive rebound (3) limit turnovers & win possession battle

Not ruling out a Game 6
Like Reply
The Phoenix series win earned no doubts from me for the rest of the playoffs. I don’t have any doubt they can make history and win 4 in a row however tall a task it is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 08:51 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Also not a stretch to say the series could easily be 2-2

It could. 

BUT, BUT, BUT GSW is shooting 29% from three in the series which is 10% below their season average of 39% (!!!). You could argue GSW hasn't played well on offense yet....AND are up 3-1. Kind of scary.
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 09:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: BUT, BUT, BUT GSW is shooting 29% from three in the series which is 10% below their season average of 39%

True but keep in mind Mavs' game plan is to take away the three. Warriors are conceding them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
It's all very simple. If they make 20 3's or more as they have 4 times in the playoffs already ( which is a playoff record btw) they'll win. If they don't, they can pack their bags for Cancun. It won't matter if Luka scores 40 or more if he doesn't get help from the usual suspects.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/...7647451136
Like Reply
The winner of game 5, will be the winner of the entire series.

There is no way GS comes back after a loss tonight. Losing two straight, one at home and one away, they will be heading for Dallas for game 6 at much tougher conditions now, no way to win that one with the doubts creeping into their minds and away crowd in Dallas fired up, as well as the entire Dallas team with full confidence regained.

And then, after losing game 6, losing 3 in a row, throwing away a huge 3-0 lead, a huge match point lost, with 100% momentum for Dallas, facing Luka himself in an elimination game 7, knowing what happened to Suns, mentally and physically drained, coaching wise exhausted for option to adjust, neither zone nor base man defense working any longer, there is no way on earth they win game 7. For Dallas this will feel just like the repeat of the game 7 against Suns.

It all comes down to game 5. This is the GSW only and last chance to win the series. There is equal massive pressure tonight on both teams to win this one. Whoever loses this one, will certainly lose the entire series and not play in the Finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • rocky164
Like Reply