Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game against the Warriors? O/U Warriors FG%- 43.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
80.00%
4 80.00%
Under
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 3: GSW (3-0) vs. DAL (0-3) | 100-109 loss
[Image: FTUX09lWYAAftH5?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Fuck it, Mavs win big.
[-] The following 3 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • Hypermav, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
Have to find ways to attack when the Warriors try to hide Curry in man-to-man - game 2 he started on Bullock (got cooked) and then moved to DFS (couldn’t take advantage).

Have to have a plan of attack for the Warriors zone. They went zone mid-3rd when Poole and Curry were on the court together.

Defensively, the Mavs need to stop overplaying Poole at the 3 point line. He wants to drive and can get past anyone. Maxi got roasted here. They probably need to do the same with Klay, depending on the defender, because he beat them on drives too.

Put a body on Looney after shots go up! This was terrible in the 2nd half. Anybody can do this. The Warriors are crashing every time.

I think I cut out the Frank/Green minutes completely and just play Dinwiddie more. Maybe you can steal some minutes depending on the situation, but the Mavs got killed in these minutes in game 2 - 8 minutes and outscored by 11. Brutal. Have to hope you can get something out of the Powell/Bertans minutes - they were positives last game (surprisingly for Powell).

I’m not sure what I do with Curry, honestly. The trapping gets the ball out of his hands, but it immediately puts you in the blender and has been way too easy for Golden State.
[-] The following 3 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • burekemde, Paul Gasol, rocky164
Like Reply
Going down 0-3, would be less than ideal. Must win game.

Ps - I let my 2 boys stay up super late for the Game 7 for the Suns. They went to bed at halftime during the last game. They won’t be going to bed during a game again this postseason.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrMav's post:
  • burekemde, Hypermav, ItsGoTime, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
As DrMav says its must win game at home. Luka usually wins in must win games. We are at home and much stronger than away. I believe tonight momentum will start shifting.
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 04:48 PM)DrMav Wrote: would be less than ideal.
Smile
Like Reply
Slow start
Like Reply
The Defense of the Mavs is not nearly good enough right now.
Like Reply
Is Powell really 6'10? Plays more like 6'1
Like Reply
(05-22-2022, 08:14 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Is Powell really 6'10? Plays more like 6'1

He is only 6' 1" in shoes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • BolsDamols
Like Reply
Mavs 0-7 on 3's
Like Reply
I wonder if people are going to say warriors are playing good defense… since the Mavs are missing wide open shots.
Like Reply
Brunson finally makes one.
Like Reply
COngrats Reggie! now go make some 3s pls
Like Reply
Mavs dodged a bullet being down only 3 after one....GSW thoroughly outplayed them on both ends.
Like Reply
Mavs miss everything in the first half this game just to make everything in the 2nd! Let’s go!
Like Reply
Mavs D and ball movement MUCH BETTER in the 2nd quarter. Liking the energy.
Like Reply
Reggie: When Dwight Powell is on the floor, he's been very productive.. Really Reggie?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Ugh, so much for that lead that they got with Luka on the bench...
Like Reply
Luka may be getting fouled…probably is. Don’t really care. 

The last few possessions are an absolute joke.  I think he catches too much from national media and it makes me extra defensive of him. 

What he just did in this game is pathetic.  He decided he was going one on everybody on offense and played zero defense on the other end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • dmavs4life03
Like Reply