Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game in PHX? O/U in points allowed 92.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
62.50%
5 62.50%
Under
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 7: DAL (4-3) vs. PHX (3-4) | 123-90 win
BUBBLE
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 08:58 PM)Branduil Wrote: Seriously tho why are Brunson and Dinwiddie still in this game. Get Burke and Green in there now.

Looks like Brunson was safer on the court. Hope that knee is fine.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 09:04 PM)loki Wrote: Looks like Brunson was safer on the court. Hope that knee is fine.

That was scary.  I blame Cuban for being down there bear hugging players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 09:04 PM)loki Wrote: Looks like Brunson was safer on the court. Hope that knee is fine.

KIDD IS SUCH AN IDIOT!!! YOU HAVE TO LEAVE HIM IN THERE TO PROTECT HIM!!
[-] The following 6 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Benskix2, BolsDamols, Branduil, DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan, loki
Like Reply
HELL YEAH WE DID IT BOYS!!!

8 more wins!
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • BolsDamols, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
I guess we figured out how to make Bobi mad.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Not bad. Big Grin
Like Reply
I need me a Boban vs Aaron Holiday Tale of The Tape graphic lol!
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 04:13 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I actually voted for over, but for some reason it gave me under.  Not sure what happened.  So...I guess I'm the lone under guy...
Game Ball to you!
Like Reply
Wow, what a performance. Never thought a turnaround like this is possible after the first two games. SD finally appeared in the series. The defense has been phenomenal. A lesson to all Mavs opponents - you can't just give up switches to Mavs as they will methodically destroy you.
Like Reply
Just the perfect game. When the Big Three all show up, this team can beat anyone. In a 7 game series, you hope that happens at least once and it did in this series right when it mattered. 

IF they can somehow beat GSW then the sky is the limit. I don't think the Celtics/Heat are better than either the Suns/Warriors.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 11:25 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Just the perfect game. When the Big Three all show up, this team can beat anyone. In a 7 game series, you hope that happens at least once and it did in this series right when it mattered. 

IF they can somehow beat GSW then the sky is the limit. I don't think the Celtics/Heat are better than either the Suns/Warriors.

Celtics and probably the Heat worry me more than GSW.  Not that I'd take any of them lightly but GSW has been all over the place.  If the series is long, Klay isn't going to be a major in some of those games.  Steph has had some struggles too.  Let Dorian, Reggie and Frank hound Steph and Klay or Steph and Jordan and make the  likes of Wiggins beat you.  Miami and Boston are going to be on another level of defense comparably.
Like Reply
I told you guys. I told you. Everyone said I was out of my mind. This Mavs team is tied for best record since the ASB in the entire league with Boston.

Dallas and Boston will meet in the Championship. 

I hope that most of you now are starting to understand how good this team is.

Now Phoenix laid an egg tonight. They choked. But it would not have mattered. The best team won.

(05-15-2022, 11:38 PM)cow Wrote: Celtics and probably the Heat worry me more than GSW.  Not that I'd take any of them lightly but GSW has been all over the place.  If the series is long, Klay isn't going to be a major in some of those games.  Steph has had some struggles too.  Let Dorian, Reggie and Frank hound Steph and Klay or Steph and Jordan and make the  likes of Wiggins beat you.  Miami and Boston are going to be on another level of defense comparably.

No one can defend Luka. Mavs have the best player in any series. There is not a defense in the league that can stop the methodical Dallas O. Phoenix has arguably as good a defense as the Heat or Celtics. Luka said so much himself. 

My question how is Miami or Boston going to score against us?
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 11:43 PM)windjc Wrote: Phoenix has arguably as good a defense as the Heat or Celtics. Luka said so much himself. 

Playoffs are a different animal.  Of course Luka is going to get his but the Celtics have better personal to defend this Mavericks team and the Heat's level of intensity is far  beyond Phoenix.

And who can score?  Come on.  Tatum and Butler have been balling.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 12:07 AM)cow Wrote: Playoffs are a different animal.  Of course Luka is going to get his but the Celtics have better personal to defend this Mavericks team and the Heat's level of intensity is far  beyond Phoenix.

And who can score?  Come on.  Tatum and Butler have been balling.

No. Stop it. There is no one on either team that can stop Luka. You "come on." 

Dallas is putting the best player on the court EVERY GAME from here on out.

Butler and Tatum will not = Luka. If you know the history of basketball, on the greatest stage, the team with the best player normally wins. Luka IS the Dallas offense even when he is not on the floor. He set the tone tonight. He sets the tone EVERY night.

You were one of the ones saying Phoenix was WAY more talented than Dallas. Yeah, how'd that work out?
Like Reply
Maybe learn to read.

(05-16-2022, 12:15 AM)windjc Wrote: No. Stop it. There is no one on either team that can stop Luka. You "come on." 

(05-16-2022, 12:07 AM)cow Wrote: Of course Luka is going to get his but the Celtics have better personal to defend this Mavericks team and the Heat's level of intensity is far  beyond Phoenix.
Like Reply
One series at a time. Now is GSW and the team should put focus there. I knew they would silence that crowd in Phoenix and win game 7. What i didnt know was that they wouldnt just silence that crowd - they made that crowd the booing their own team. Even chearing for Luka.

Luka always plays elite against GSW. This will be a great series.
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 12:54 AM)burekemde Wrote: One series at a time. Now is GSW and the team should put focus there. I knew they would silence that crowd in Phoenix and win game 7. What i didnt know was that they wouldnt just silence that crowd - they made that crowd the booing their own team. Even chearing for Luka.

Luka always plays elite against GSW. This will be a great series.

GSW is going to be a challenge no doubt but if I got to chose one team to play against of those remaining, it might be them.  Plus my buddy is a massive Dubs fan so it's going to be fun trading texts in the coming weeks.

Luka is 43% from 3PT land against the Warriors historically.  He must be drinking from Steph's water bottle or something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 12:15 AM)windjc Wrote: No. Stop it. There is no one on either team that can stop Luka. You "come on." 

Dallas is putting the best player on the court EVERY GAME from here on out.

Butler and Tatum will not = Luka. If you know the history of basketball, on the greatest stage, the team with the best player normally wins. Luka IS the Dallas offense even when he is not on the floor. He set the tone tonight. He sets the tone EVERY night.

You were one of the ones saying Phoenix was WAY more talented than Dallas. Yeah, how'd that work out?

You should probably calm down.  Jokic, Giannis and Embiid were all the best players in their series and they are all out.  Its more than one player.  We showed that winning two out three against Utah without Luka.

We could easily lose to Golden state, but the east champ will be tougher.  Those two teams are playing at a really high level right now.

Phoenix is more talented that the Mavs.  They didn't take us seriously enough and then they crapped themselves.  That probably wont happen again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(05-16-2022, 01:01 AM)mvossman Wrote: Phoenix is more talented that the Mavs.  They didn't take us seriously enough and then they crapped themselves.  That probably wont happen again.

I'm not sure they didn't take us seriously.  They are cocky MF'ers though.

-CP3 hit a wall at 37.
-Booker is a great scorer and that's about it and also seems to be a bit of a front runner.
-Bridges wore himself out trying to guard Luka and the rest of the backcourt and couldn't bring it on the offensive end.  Could you tell the difference between him and DFS or Bullock?  Even if you could,  the salary difference wouldn't be justified.
-Ayton is confounding and I think Williams and CP3 should have figured out a way to get him much more involved on the offensive end.  Listening to some Suns podcasts, they think  he has all the talent in the world and no drive and no dog in him.  He shares some blame too as he missed a lot of really easy looks after having two great games to start the series.
-Speaking of Suns podcasts, they blame playing CP3 too much throughout the year for Cam Payne's down season.
-Jae Crowder cooled off.
-Cam Johnson is someone I really like and he should thank CP3 and Booker for playing so terribly as he's TERRIBLE performance will probably go under the radar.
-Williams got outcoached.  The Biyombo move reminds me of when Carlisle deployed Boban against the Clippers.  It paid off for a game but was quickly solved by the opposing team.  And Biyombo and Shamet seemed to be his last adjustments of the series.  

I still think on a playground, after Luka is picked, it's going to be a long list of Suns with Brunson sprinkled in there somewhere.
Like Reply