Poll: Do the Mavs finally have a good defensive game in PHX? O/U in points allowed 92.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
62.50%
5 62.50%
Under
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 7: DAL (4-3) vs. PHX (3-4) | 123-90 win
[Image: FSnUHldXEAAg19N?format=jpg&name=large]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
92.5 by Phoenix on the road is way, way better than a good defensive game. If the Mavs can hold Phoenix to about 105 tonight, they’ve got a great chance.
Like Reply
This series reminds me in a lot of ways of the 88 WCF against the Lakers. Mavs were 3 seed, Lakers 1 seed. Lakers heavily favored. Each team held home court by healthy margins except for game 6. Dallas was an up and coming team as well. 

Let’s just hope game 7 ends up different. We were in that game until a second half run by LA. 

I have a good feeling about tonight, though. This team definitely has a lunch pail type of attitude.  I don’t think anything really intimidates them either.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
DEFENSE.

This is everything for the Mavs tonight. 

In the 7 playoff wins they have allowed only 105.0 pts/100 possessions. In the 5 losses they have allowed 120.7 pts/100 possessions. 

If the Mavs bring the defensive energy, hustle, effort, and fight tonight then they can win. If they do not then it will be over. 

The problem? They have brought the D they have needed only once on the road in the playoffs. In Utah in game 6, they held UTA to 104.6 pts/100 possessions. 

The hope? They did it in a closeout game on the road in UTA and got the win.
Like Reply
FN is my "key to the game." If he gets minutes and plays great D without fouling, then I think the team D will have a chance over 48 mins to stay in this one.
Like Reply
The season ends tonight for our beloved Mavericks. Suns in 7. Home court wins all the way through in this series.

#MFFL
Like Reply
Tony Brothers is the referee tonight. CP3 will revert to his usual antics. Remember game 2?
Like Reply
Dallas's other shooters play way better at home than on the road. Can someone else join Luka and Brunson at the party?  Can DFS, Dinwiddie, Bullock, and Kleber make shots when needed?  That will be the key to winning as will holding Phoenix from making big runs at home  Turnovers hampered the Suns in Dallas. I don't expect the same at home.
Like Reply
Mavs have shown a lot of growth and hit a lot of milestones this season. Tonight is an opportunity to do something they weren’t able to last year by winning a Game 7 on the road. Must win game.
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • ItsGoTime, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Mavs are winning this one is my prediction. Mavs have the upper hand mentally and physically over this opponent. Teams that are mentally and physically stronger win 95% of the time. Since game 1 and 2 that Suns won, it is the Mavs that adjusted and won 3 out of the last 4 games. It is the Mavs adjustments that Suns are not able to deal with. This speaks volumes who is the favourite tonight to win it all tonight. I believe Mavs are winning this one, and that our team will silence that crowd.

People tend to use phrase "must win game", in situations where it's really not a must win game at all. But this one, is really a must win game. Everyone needs to play their their best and elevate their game, as we did at home, and not only Luka and Brunson. The entire team needs to bring their best every play. There is no doubt in that case we are the better team. Mavs have essentially been wearing them down, mentally and physically, and that needs to continue tonight.

From the x's and o's it is clear Kleber is the guy that destroys Suns scheme and not much Powell, although Powell is important as well. Luka has figured out their defense on pick and roll and I have hard time imagining Suns countering that in any way. Brunson has figured out last game how he can essentially get a clean shot from mid range almost every play over Paul, and I dont see that changing as well. If Paul attacks him, Brunson will get a clean path at the rim. Brunson has also essentially figured out many things as well in game 6, and coupled with Lukas adjustments that started 4 games ago and have progressed to game 6, this really looks bad for the outlook for the Suns.

Mavs need to make the game physical. Getting more into the lane, making Suns foul more, because in these situations we are just the better team. More talking and getting into their minds, but considering the limit and not getting technical fouls, but letting them get exposed and commiting the mistakes. This is a IQ game and if you get into the mind of opponents, its all over for them. Mavs just need to keep finding ways to exploit that we are physically and mentally stronger and a more cohesive team. We really need to get physical with them and build the momentum as a team, and silence that crowd.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • ballsrchr, BolsDamols
Like Reply
I actually voted for over, but for some reason it gave me under.  Not sure what happened.  So...I guess I'm the lone under guy...
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 04:13 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I actually voted for over, but for some reason it gave me under.  Not sure what happened.  So...I guess I'm the lone under guy...

I hope you are correct.
Like Reply
No clue what to expect. Will we get a fair shake from the whistles because the NBA is tired of last year’s teams? Will we get home cookin’ like we’ve never seen it before? Will Luka overcome all obstacles? Will the 3-point well go dry? Or replay Mothers’ Day? 

On pins and needles here. Great joy and despair are both plainly within reach.
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 12:59 PM)burekemde Wrote: People tend to use phrase "must win game", in situations where it's really not a must win game at all.
I’m not sure that I understand what you’re saying here.
[-] The following 8 users Like DrMav's post:
  • Arioch, DallasMaverick, HIMAV, Hypermav, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 05:37 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Great joy and despair are both plainly within reach.
Like Reply
DO OR DIE

GO MAVS !!!!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/statu...7145632769
Like Reply
Have to be feeling pretty loose to do a pregame interview like that. Lol Luka.
[-] The following 1 user Likes VintagePejav2's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(05-15-2022, 06:46 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: Have to be feeling pretty loose to do a pregame interview like that. Lol Luka.

Chuck just said he would never do a interview before game 7. We'll see if he's prophetic.
Like Reply
Good job being aggressive Dorian.
Like Reply