Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Maxi Helped Us Win 2 Playoff Games. Dwight has lost us a playoff game.
No nice way to put it. Ayton flat out destroyed Powell. Maxi didn't provide much except for hot shooting in the first half either
Like Reply
[Image: nKmcNgt.png]

LOL

LMAO
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Maxi better get ready to play 48 minutes.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Gave the Mavs a huge single-single tonight, 4 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 blocks, 0 steals, 2 TO, 5 PF.
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
If you’re a center and you can’t rebound or defend the paint, it doesn’t much matter what you can do. On top of that, if you can’t score, what good are you except someone to commit 6 fouls?  Powell needs to sit the rest of this series out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/jsabine214/status/15...2699593732
Like Reply
Even with Kleber, this might be one of the worst playoff frontcourt we have ever had in team history. The Nellie Era centers like Raef LaFrentz, Evan Eschmeyer, and Shawn Bradley is probably the only one worse
Like Reply
Still waiting for certain posters to admit I was right about Dwight!
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(05-05-2022, 07:02 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Still waiting for certain posters to admit I was right about Dwight!

Hold your horses.  At his current pace and if this series goes 20 games, he'll have gotten 10 rebounds.
Like Reply
Ah...you guys.  DP is a fine player who gives all he has for the team.  He is over matched by Ayton, and several others, but most players  will be over matched by this improved Ayton.

I also have never seen one single player lose a game.  This is a team sport.  The team lost the game.  All this means is that Luka needs some improved, or better team mates.

The Suns games will show us (the new MBT) where we need to improve.  This is a process.  It takes time, but I also believe that once we are there...we can stay there for a decade or more--IF a dynamic process is formulated and followed.

I'm a Mavs homer...but I know we aren't ready yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
I've always liked Dwight.  He's a culture guy who, while undertalented, never cheats you on effort.  I didn't even mind the contract extension at the time.  It's obvious he's overpaid now and shouldn't be making more than a veteran minimum.  If they want to move him into the Boban role, fine.  He certainly would bring more on the court value.  You just can't pay him anywhere near the salary he's currently at.
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 11:03 AM)cow Wrote: I've always liked Dwight.  He's a culture guy who, while undertalented, never cheats you on effort.  I didn't even mind the contract extension at the time.  It's obvious he's overpaid now and shouldn't be making more than a veteran minimum.  If they want to move him into the Boban role, fine.  He certainly would bring more on the court value.  You just can't pay him anywhere near the salary he's currently at.

I think the main issue with Dwight the entire time was while everyone else was taking super team friendly deals (DFS, Maxi, Seth), him and his agent or whatever, milked the Mavs for like the maximum amount they could get and the majority of fans were pretty pissed at such a huge overpay. Achilles or not he got as much as he could and was still a very heavily flawed player. Not mad at him for getting it done, he needs to get as much money as possible and it's the job of his agent to do so, but mad at the Mavs for agreeing to the terms. He would have needed to develop an outside shot to be worth the money he got.

Also, might show that the Mavs analytics department back then that determined player value was not good at all if they thought his contract was good value (or other ones, like maxing Kemba Walker).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(05-06-2022, 01:01 PM)Jakeospikez Wrote: Also, might show that the Mavs analytics department back then that determined player value was not good at all if they thought his contract was good value (or other ones, like maxing Kemba Walker).

Maybe the analytics are what got him paid.  He was an elite finisher at the rim off of pick and rolls.  More than likely, Dwight is a really good culture guy and the Mavs rewarded him and expected him to be the torchbearer of Dirk's work ethic.  He's our version of Nick Collinson.  There is probably also a hint of wanting to "win" the Rondo trade and just generally being awful with contract structures.
Like Reply
Powell has had a rough offseason.  Lets see if being home gets him going.  He has played well against a lot of good centers this year.   Playoffs are a different animal though.    A good 14 point 8 rebound game with the standard Powell hustle plays would be a welcome sight.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/lisaminutid/status/1...7204807680

Sick
[-] The following 2 users Like Branduil's post:
  • BasketballJones41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Do I need to name drop people? Is no one man enough to admit they were wrong?

Here. I'll start. I wanted the Mavs to trade for Brandon Knight back in the day and it turned out he sucks. I WAS WRONG.

Okay. Now your turn!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(05-08-2022, 05:19 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Do I need to name drop people? Is no one man enough to admit they were wrong?

Here. I'll start. I wanted the Mavs to trade for Brandon Knight back in the day and it turned out he sucks. I WAS WRONG.

Okay. Now your turn!

I'll go next:  I don't think I gave God King a lofty enough nickname.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft
Like Reply
I thought Josh Richardson would actually be good.
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(05-08-2022, 09:38 PM)Branduil Wrote: I thought Josh Richardson would actually be good.

I did too, but I admitted He was trash and even changed my motto thing from #1 Dwight hater to #1 Richardson hater for a bit. I did my part to get rid of him. 

My hatred for Dwight's game on the forum was mostly for fun and humor until this playoffs. We have a > 1%  chance to go the FINALS this year. Reading some cherry picked advanced stats when really all you are doing is covering up for your wide open Alley-Oop dopamine hit addiction isn't funny anymore.

Anyone attempting to justify Dwight taking up more than the vet min on this roster, let alone starting vs the best team in the league in the playoffs, is doing a very tiny part in making our team worse. I must wage war.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
I have been one of the bigger Brunson backers since very early in his mavs tenure.  With that being said, I was on board with both Kemba and Lowry moves.  I correctly called out the potential negatives of each move but at the end of the day I was on board with both.  Kemba had already blown up and Lowry may soon look really bad.   It is scary to think what would have happened if the Mavs "got their guy".
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply