Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
0%
0 0%
DAL (4-1)
2.38%
1 2.38%
DAL (4-2)
21.43%
9 21.43%
DAL (4-3)
38.10%
16 38.10%
PHX (4-3)
7.14%
3 7.14%
PHX (4-2)
16.67%
7 16.67%
PHX (4-1)
9.52%
4 9.52%
PHX (4-0)
4.76%
2 4.76%
Total 42 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS ROUND 2: #1 PHX (3-4) vs. #4 DAL (4-3) | DAL advances to WCF!
Heart 
[Image: FRfBaUMXMAANFkd?format=jpg&name=large]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • WillE
Like Reply
Mavs would do well to win 2 games I think. Ayton is gonna feast on our interior and CP3 always kills us. And that's not even mentioning Booker and Bridges...
Like Reply
[Image: FRfEjotX0AAM3Nt?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...0914978816
Like Reply
Curious to see if we can get away with small ball.  Ayton/McGee are way more capable offensively than Gobert and have way better players setting them up.  I'm saying this is probably going to be a gentleman's sweep.
Like Reply
Personally, this is the series I wanted. #1 team in the NBA, the measuring stick; lets see what our Mavs are all about against the ultimate challenge. And not to forget PHX has absolutely whooped our *** the last few years. 

Pelicans were able to give them some trouble; I would hope the Mavs can at the very least match that and then some.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • DallasMaverick, LifeAquatic, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:57 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Personally, this is the series I wanted. #1 team in the NBA, the measuring stick; lets see what our Mavs are all about against the ultimate challenge. And not to forget PHX has absolutely whooped our *** the last few years. 

This is the perfect measuring stick for your boy JB as well. Looking forward to seeing how he does against their D.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/PatrickMahomes/statu...0301642753
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Hypermav, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Playing with house money now. DFS and RB have played a ton of minutes in this series though..
[-] The following 3 users Like LifeAquatic's post:
  • Hypermav, Jommybone, michaeltex
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is the perfect measuring stick for your boy JB as well. Looking forward to seeing how he does against their D.

I like that he gained confidence through this series though. I think that'll help him going forward.
Like Reply
(04-28-2022, 11:58 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is the perfect measuring stick for your boy JB as well. Looking forward to seeing how he does against their D.

You keep wanting to measure JB. Come on, man.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • Paul Gasol, Smitty
Like Reply
The road to the championship goes through PHX, so what the hell!...we have to play them anyway.  I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Mavs, but I'm not completely crazy.  So I figure it will take the full 7 game series to win this round.
[-] The following 2 users Like ballsrchr's post:
  • Jommybone, WillE
Like Reply
House money. Just play with no pressure, soak up the experience, let the chips fall where they may...

Then move on to the WCF!
[-] The following 3 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Paul Gasol, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Dallas just shut down the #1 offense in the league over 6 games. 

They will need more of the same against Phoenix.  If the games are low scoring and methodical and close at the end, Dallas has a real shot imho.

Phoenix has no one that can guard Luka and Dallas has to make Phoenix pay for playing Ayton. Ayton is not the rim protector that Gobert was, but Ayton can get off his mid range game all he wants against Dallas. So Dallas has to make Phoenix trade 2s for 3s when Ayton is on the floor. We need Maxi to shoot well and JB and SD to attack the basket to open the arc for our shooters.

DFS will need to take Booker out of the each game. Likewise Bullock needs to cancel Bridges. 

Dallas needs to make Chris Paul have to beat them. If it comes down to Chris Paul vs. Luka, I like our chances. 

I think the key will be can DFS and Bullock cancel Booker and Bridges out? If they do, Luke + JB > Paul + Ayton.

Just want to say, we allowed the 2nd fewest points of any team during the regular season. Boston allowed a grand total of 16 less TOTAL. I think our defense might be legit. We get to see Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like windjc's post:
  • MFFL, Paul Gasol, ReunionMav
Like Reply
I think we are a bit exaggerating the presence of Ayton under the rim. Not that he is a great defender like Gobert, nor did he play this year against the Mavs when Maxi was out there. Maxi has the ability and strength to match up with him better than others both under the rim and at mid-range.

Phoenix has been one of the better three point shooter teams all season long and we have what it takes to shut down such teams. Also we have the recipe to defend Booker just as we did to Mitchell.

Yes, Chris Paul is a great operator, but so is Luka.

I don’t feel bad for this series to be honest. We might not win the series but it will add enough of experience for the future of this team.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TurkishMFFL's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
(04-29-2022, 02:40 AM)windjc Wrote: Dallas just shut down the #1 offense in the league over 6 games. 

They will need more of the same against Phoenix.  If the games are low scoring and methodical and close at the end, Dallas has a real shot imho.

Phoenix has no one that can guard Luka and Dallas has to make Phoenix pay for playing Ayton. Ayton is not the rim protector that Gobert was, but Ayton can get off his mid range game all he wants against Dallas. So Dallas has to make Phoenix trade 2s for 3s when Ayton is on the floor. We need Maxi to shoot well and JB and SD to attack the basket to open the arc for our shooters.

DFS will need to take Booker out of the each game. Likewise Bullock needs to cancel Bridges. 

Dallas needs to make Chris Paul have to beat them. If it comes down to Chris Paul vs. Luka, I like our chances. 

I think the key will be can DFS and Bullock cancel Booker and Bridges out? If they do, Luke + JB > Paul + Ayton.

Just want to say, we allowed the 2nd fewest points of any team during the regular season. Boston allowed a grand total of 16 less TOTAL. I think our defense might be legit. We get to see Smile

The matchups with be interesting. I'm assuming we'll see alot of Bullock or DFS on CP3 with Brunson sliding over and guarding Crowder
Like Reply
(04-29-2022, 12:39 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: The road to the championship goes through PHX, so what the hell!...we have to play them anyway.  I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to the Mavs, but I'm not completely crazy.  So I figure it will take the full 7 game series to win this round.

This series is not going 7 games.
Like Reply
(04-29-2022, 07:37 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: This series is not going 7 games.

Can I get the powerball numbers as well?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
The x factor is Dinwiddie.  He is better than anyone on that second unit.  The one thing to watch out for are tunovers.  Suns are scrappy in passing lanes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes haveitall's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
(04-29-2022, 08:21 AM)haveitall Wrote: The x factor is Dinwiddie. 

A GREAT and high shooting percentage series from SD could lead to a DAL win of the series.
Like Reply