Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (+13, 11 pts, 4 rbd, 4 ast, 1stl)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+12, 9 pts, 6 rbd, 2 ast, CLAMPED Mitchell)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+6, 2 pts, 1 rbd)
0%
0 0%
JALEN BRUNSON (+15, 41 pts, 8 rbd, 5 ast, 2 stl, 0 TO, 15-25 FG)
80.00%
28 80.00%
Dinwiddie (+6, 17 pts, 4 rbd, 6 ast, 2 stl)
0%
0 0%
Maxi CALL ME Kleber (+0, 25 pts, 6 rbd, 3 ast, 8-11 3pt FG)
17.14%
6 17.14%
Burke (-5, 3pts, 1 rbd)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 2 DIRKIE: BRUNSON BURNER! (80%)
(04-18-2022, 10:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Rich stuff coming from Mr. Jalen "Trade Me" Brunson.

Mine's a playful joke while you were dead serious.  

[Image: 91+k1eFrfoL._SS500_.jpg]
Like Reply
I just hate not having a Dirkie vote for Maxi but Jalen that game is way up there on the all time list of Mavericks playoff single game efforts. I have attended the majority of them. That was so good in so many ways. 

Back to Maxi I can’t find my post this afternoon but I saw this coming watching last game and I knew our coaches would see it too. When Maxi “let’s it go” (Jason Kidd) he makes them. When he aims it he doesn’t. And Maxi does know how to get hot. Stay out of your head Maxi and let it go with joy!
[-] The following 2 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • ballsrchr, BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:34 PM)cow Wrote: Mine's a playful joke while you were dead serious. 

Yeah dead serious that Maxi didn't have a good 1st half....or in the two halves of the first game. Great second half this game doesn't change that.

Good on the coaching staff for making the right call to stick with him this game. But I sure wouldn't bank on him shooting 8-11 from three again.
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Yeah dead serious that Maxi didn't have a good 1st half....or in the two halves of the first game. Great second half this game doesn't change that.

Good on the coaching staff for making the right call to stick with him this game. But I sure wouldn't bank on him shooting 8-11 from three again.

He was fine in the first half with some great defensive possessions and two made threes.  He ended up with the same +/- as Bertans.  Who was more impactful in the first half of those two players?  Using +/- as the end all, be all is dumb.  Watch the game, not the box score.  

Someone pulled this same shit at the beginning of the season by comparing first half +/- between Maxi and WCS.  Shameful.
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:42 PM)cow Wrote: He was fine in the first half with some great defensive possessions and two made threes.  He ended up with the same +/- as Bertans.  Who was more impactful in the first half of those two players?  Using +/- as the end all, be all is dumb.  Watch the game, not the box score.

DB had a really bad first half. Maxi was the better of the two. But DP was better than both of them in the first half (and all last game). 

No one uses +/- as the "end all", I am constantly watching the game as well. I have literally watched every single minute of the Mavs this year.
Like Reply
Lets not let a petty squabble take over what was a legendary game for Brunson.

Most improved guy in the 2nd half might have been Dinwiddie for me. Dude really turned it up when push came to shove. He made so many timely plays.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:46 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Dinwiddie

He HAS to got hot from the field if they are going to win in UTA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He HAS to got hot from the field if they are going to win in UTA.

Agreed. It goes to show how valuable he is coming off the bench. I think he really thrives going against the 2nd unit and having breaks. That's the role he thrived in BRK and the role he had success in here. He's playing more of a WAS role and he's regressed a tad bit in terms of efficiency. 

Also as a side note:
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/15...6567545858

Luka looks to be walking pretty good! Hope he's feeling better with a couple more days rest.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: DB had a really bad first half. Maxi was the better of the two. But DP was better than both of them in the first half (and all last game). 

No one uses +/- as the "end all", I am constantly watching the game as well. I have literally watched every single minute of the Mavs this year.

DB hasn't been impactful at all this series and his +/- last game was positive.  It's almost as if +/- is outside factors beyond someone's performance.  Love you and all but I'd hardly call Maxi's first half bad.   He played some great individual defense on Clarkson and Mitchell when he was switched on them.
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:47 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He HAS to got hot from the field if they are going to win in UTA.

Good take. But if Luka laces em up, game changer (obviously). Even if he doesn’t, Green could figure it out, or Bertans could go into full-flamethrower mode, or Gobert could go 3 for 18 from the free-throw line. Lots of positive possibilities in Bad City, USA.
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:49 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka looks to be walking pretty good! Hope he's feeling better with a couple more days rest.

69 hours until Game 3.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogmelon's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Luka Doncic. Dirk Nowitzki, Rolando Blackman, Nick Van Exel, and now Jalen Brunson are the only Mavericks to have 40+pts in a playoff game.

To make tonight's performance that much more impressive, only Brunson, Dirk, and Luka scored 40+ in the playoffs within regulation (4 quarters). 

Rolando did it in a double-OT game, and then in another OT game. Van Exel did his in a double-OT game.
[-] The following 5 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • Arioch, Jommybone, MFFL, ReunionMav, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:55 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: 69 hours until Game 3.

[Image: giphy.gif]
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
We should add Burke to the poll.  Smile
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 11:01 PM)cow Wrote: We should add Burke to the poll.  Smile

Ask and ye shall receive.
  • cow
Like Reply
Angel Prince had a pretty dang good game!
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 10:55 PM)Hogmelon Wrote: 69 hours until Game 3.

It's the magic number.
Like Reply
I realize you have to give the Dirkie to Brunson, but if you had asked me before the game which is more likely, Brunson to go for over 40 or Maxi to hit 8 threes, I think I would have gone with Brunson.  I also think the Maxi game may be more impactful from the standpoint of the rest of this series.  He was in such a funk he was almost unplayable offensively.  No better way to get out of a funk than to hit 8 out 11 threes.  With our frontcourt depth, we need significant minutes from him.
[-] The following 7 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Arioch, DanSchwartzgan, fifteenth, Hogmelon, KillerLeft, ReunionMav, Smitty
Like Reply
(04-18-2022, 11:45 PM)mvossman Wrote: I realize you have to give the Dirkie to Brunson, but if you had asked me before the game which is more likely, Brunson to go for over 40 or Maxi to hit 8 threes, I think I would have gone with Brunson.  I also think the Maxi game may be more impactful from the standpoint of the rest of this series.  He was in such a funk he was almost unplayable offensively.  No better way to get out of a funk than to hit 8 out 11 threes.  With our frontcourt depth, we need significant minutes from him.

Poll really needs a Jalen Kleber or Maxi Brunson option.  I think you are spot on about Maxi's confidence going forward.  He is easily the most versatile big man we have on the roster.  

I'm also glad Burke got a little burn.
Like Reply
Here’s the thing. JB just made the case for best player in the series. That’s huge. Maxi’s hot streak was great. But JB just upstaged 2 all stars. Yep, it’s just 1 game. But a helluva game it was.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, ReunionMav, rocky164, Smitty
Like Reply