Poll: Who will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
42.86%
3 42.86%
Suns
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 46: PHX (35-9) @ DAL (26-20) | 109-101 loss
[Image: 6PR7VP2WDND7NC5LGTVZ4COY2I.jpg]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
Tough back to back after a pretty draining win with some high minutes for the regulars last night.  I wonder if tonight is a scheduled loss?   We did play PHX well early in the year in a back to back but PHX does what it does and executed late and won both games.   It would be a nice to get a good test against them, but that may be a lot to ask for.
Like Reply
The podcast game. We win, we are the talk of the internet town for the next week.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 11:28 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: The podcast game. We win, we are the talk of the internet town for the next week.

Really?? Provide some links, pal!!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
I think this is pretty much the definition of "scheduled loss," but then again it's hard to count the Mavs out completely when they're playing as well as they have been lately.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • burekemde, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 01:38 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think this is pretty much the definition of "scheduled loss," but then again it's hard to count the Mavs out completely when they're playing as well as they have been lately.

Tough stretch. Memphis and Warriors up next.
Grab one of those and we can't complain too much. Just gotta stay healthy and hopefully can clean up the following month. So many games where we'll be favored
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • fifteenth, Fuerza1, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Sure would be nice to hand the Suns their 10th loss before we hit #20 ourselves. Must win game.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrMav's post:
  • fifteenth, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Public announcement:

The Game and Dirkie threads were never decidedly supposed to be done by any one person/mod. Kamm just took it on religiously and it became just another of the many things he did around here. Well, Kamm's taking a break and has said if and when he comes back this is one of what he deemed his duties to be something he didn't want to continue with. 

That said, we don't view the game or dirkie threads as something that is REQUIRED to be made by a mod. For those of you who would like to contribute more, or if you see one of the threads isn't up and want to make it yourself, be our guest! Only thing you can't do is sticky it, and we'll take care of that when we see it!

Only thing to keep track of is making sure the game thread is for the very next game (no game 50 thread before game 49 is over type thing) and the dirkie is posted after the game clock hits 0, regulation or OT as the case may be. Otherwise, we'll try to keep up with it as well as a mod group.

Maybe put your own flair on it, see if you can do it better than the last one!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 01:58 PM)Jym Wrote: Tough stretch. Memphis and Warriors up next.
Grab one of those and we can't complain too much. Just gotta stay healthy and hopefully can clean up the following month. So many games where we'll be favored

I'm greedy, lets steal 2!

I like the Mavs' odds tonight considering Ayton is out (KP should feast). Mavs gave them two tough games last time out without Luka.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fuerza1's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 03:42 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: I like the Mavs' odds tonight considering Ayton is out (KP should feast). Mavs gave them two tough games last time out without Luka.

I like the enthusiasm. KP should be fairly rested, given that he has been on a minutes restriction. 

This will be a great test of his pick and roll defense tonight, too. Interested to see how he does.
Like Reply
Finally maxi hits one

And then Luka with a crazy pass to KP!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
WOW KP with the block

Luka destroyed Bismack's ankles there
Like Reply
Booker like Oliver Miller at a buffet when sees THJ "guarding" him.
Like Reply
DFS with his best Steph curry impression with that pullup transition 3...

Only problem is he ain't Steph. He shouldn't be shooting those.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 07:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Booker like Oliver Miller at a buffet when sees THJ "guarding" him.

To be fair. DFS isn´t doing any better. Only takes a couple of fakes and he is in the air.
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 07:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: DFS with his best Steph curry impression with that pullup transition 3...

Only problem is he ain't Steph. He shouldn't be shooting those.

Eh, they gave him space so pulling the trigger was the right play.  The result was very woof though.
Like Reply
THJ going full Wes Matthews. Is there any Mavs player that doesn´t have the green light in the post?
Like Reply
LUUKA FROM DEEP ELLUM WITH THAT 3!
Like Reply
Booker is such a boss on offense.
Like Reply
Good foul by THJ there on Biyombo. Stopped an easy dunk.
Like Reply