Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Luka (+7, 41 pts, 14 rbd, 7 ast, Game-icing three)
93.75%
30 93.75%
KP (-2, 18 pts, 7 rbd, Game Icing FT's))
0%
0 0%
Jalen (+4, 8 pts, 3 rbs, 4 ast)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+6, 9 pt, 6 rbs, great D)
3.13%
1 3.13%
THJ (-1, 16 pts, 7-10 shooting)
3.13%
1 3.13%
Josh Green (-4, 5 pts, 1 rbd, 1 ast, hit a corner 3!)
0%
0 0%
Powell (+0, 2 pts, 2 rbd, 2 ast, great defensive rotations)
0%
0 0%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 45 DIRKIE: Luka Magic! (94%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...9001822208
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1484012909965594635
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Luka - 41/14/7 Season high in points and rebounds, probably season low in kgs
[-] The following 2 users Like BolsDamols's post:
  • Jommybone, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Pretty easy choice tonight, though quite a few others also played well.
Like Reply
I mean Luka was incredible. I didn't even realize he had a 22 point first half. Dude was electric tonight. AND he played some great defense as well. 

Easy choice for me personally.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • Hypermav, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Hard not to vote for Luka. But if you're talking about exceeding expectations, THJ had one of his better games in a long time. Well done, Timmy.
Like Reply
Luka was awesome.  I saw signs of life from THJ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
When Luka has an epic game it would not be right to vote for anyone else. We are so LUCKY to have him.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReunionMav's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Mavs held Toronto to 38.5 FG%, 25% from 3. Meanwhile the Mavs shot 49% from the field and a putrid 27% from 3. Still better than Toronto. 

So how in the world was it such a close game? Toronto was 20-25 on FT's. Mavs 19-20. The answer to me? Toronto KILLED the Mavs on the offensive glass tonight.

Toronto had 16 offensive rebounds that led to 21 2nd chance points compared to Dallas' 10. If the Mavs boxed out better this might've been a blowout.
Like Reply
I would still like to see what, if anything, we could get for KP and THJ. I don't want to see any of the rest of the team go. Maybe not even Powell.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 11:18 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Toronto KILLED the Mavs on the offensive glass tonight.

Absolutely.
Like Reply
41 and 14, season highs in points and rebounds. And a team best +7. Even by Luka's standards that gives him the Dirkie
Like Reply
So...last game I didn't give the Dirkie to Luka when he scored a triple double.  Surely I won't give it to him for the toronto game when he only scores a measly double double.  Au contraire!  I give my Dirkie to Luka!

This game underscores the many times I've said that Luka has to play as a free spirit with a smile on his face.  When he does that...the team will win.  I'm not underrating the contribution from the rest of the team, but if Luka is playing happy and free--the rest of the team will be involved in the wins.

I also have one pet peeve...and that is working the clock to preserve a win.  Heck man!  Keep the offense humming.  Go down and score!  Work the clock on defense!  Haa...now I will wait with bated breath for basketball GMs from around the world to bang on my door to coach this novel approach.  No knocks?  Ah well...it's late at night.  I will wake early...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ballsrchr's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 11:20 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Maybe not even Powell.

I think I am just about there, myself. I have been inching that way for a couple of weeks. The dude is making a difference in this latest stretch of success.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 11:21 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I also have one pet peeve...and that is working the clock to preserve a win.  Heck man!  Keep the offense humming.  Go down and score! 

I honestly agree with this. So many times I've seen Luka want to run clock and literally forego an easy layup for the sake of wasting more time. The offensive rhythm screeches to a halt in the final minute of a close game more often than not. 

In any case I hope its an issue just fixed with time. Thankfully Kidd knows a thing or two about running late game situations, even if I'm still skeptical about the hire.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • ballsrchr, dmavs4life03, fifteenth, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 11:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: even if I'm still skeptical about the hire.

I have to say, he has really grown on me. I'm starting to appreciate the good things he has done more and more. 

I still don't like some of what he's trying on offense, but that stretch of spread pick and roll tonight (I believe it was during the first half of the 4th quarter) was just what the Dr ordered, and exactly at the right time. It changed the game, honestly. 

And what he has done for the defense - WOW.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Maybe JKidd is working towards making the spread pnr one of several weapons. I can be down for that. And maybe he knows that another of those several weapons is the Luka/KP pnr
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft, ReunionMav
Like Reply
Didn't watch the game so I put the names in a random generator and everything came up God King.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:06 AM)cow Wrote: Didn't watch the game so I put the names in a random generated and everything came up God King.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-20-2022, 12:07 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: demarcus-cousins-turnt.gif]
Like Reply