Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Juancho to SAS | Forbes to DEN | Bol+Doizer to BOS
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/14836...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.embedly.com%2Fwidgets%2Fmedia.html%3Ftype%3Dtext2Fhtmlkey%3Dcb7145f1731b4c328f8e4d2201854ceaschema%3Dtwitterurl%3Dhttps3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fwojespn%2Fstatus%2F1483656286751248386image%3Dhttps3A%2F%2Fabs.twimg.com%2Ferrors%2Flogo46x38.png
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
SAS precursor to trading for KP? KP and Juancho would be a great 1st, 2nd team pairing. That leaves White/Poeltl/Young outgoing possible!
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, ReunionMav
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 03:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: SAS precursor to trading for KP? KP and Juancho would be a great 1st, 2nd team pairing. That leaves White/Poeltl/Young outgoing possible!

If Turner was healthy and coming back to Dallas I could see that. Now not so much.

KP despite his issues is still a core piece. He's a good player. White/Poeltl/Young is a smorgasbord of medium role players the Mavs don't have the space for and don't move the needle as much as keeping KP does.

With the emergence of Brunson I don't even think Murray is a feasible target. Mavs need to get a better starting center, fix THJ's role with someone else (Eric Gordon anyone?), and get a PG to run the bench so that Brunson and Luka don't get burnt out imo.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
White would fit perfectly with JB and Luka. He’s the starter who can defend smalls that makes putting the other two in the lineup less problematic. Luka can then be the power point forward who plays the Jokic role on the team. You then can have at the VERY least, 1 good ball handler on the court with most of the time having 2.

Edit: Also, if MT was coming here there would be no need to bring Poeltl.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 03:35 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: White would fit perfectly with JB and Luka. He’s the starter who can defend smalls that makes putting the other two in the lineup less problematic. Luka can then be the power point forward who plays the Jokic role on the team. You then can have at the VERY least, 1 good ball handler on the court with most of the time having 2.

Edit: Also, if MT was coming here there would be no need to bring Poeltl.

No MT - Mavs out on him and his bum foot.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 03:22 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: SAS precursor to trading for KP? KP and Juancho would be a great 1st, 2nd team pairing. That leaves White/Poeltl/Young outgoing possible!

Nope. Boston simply avoiding the tax by trading the only logical piece. Hernangomez was the only sizeable contract completely out of the rotation. There was never going to be a suitable Schroeder trade piece that could lower the payroll, while bringing back a player of similar ability. Okay maybe one: Brunson. Wink 

This is actually a shocking good trade for Boston. I was almost certain, they´d have to add a piece to get rid of the contract and therefore wondering about our TPE. They don´t even care about Bol´s failed physical or Dozier´s ACL tear. The players are just a potential bonus.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 03:35 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: White would fit perfectly with JB and Luka. He’s the starter who can defend smalls that makes putting the other two in the lineup less problematic. Luka can then be the power point forward who plays the Jokic role on the team. You then can have at the VERY least, 1 good ball handler on the court with most of the time having 2.

That makes a ton of sense for Dallas.  It also gets SA some "star power" which they will have a hard time recruiting.  Well done.

Poeltl and White are arguably SA's second and third best players.  They aren't old, are paid reasonably, play good D and are hard working solid citizens.  I think both are very underrated.  The fact that Young expires helps with retaining DFS and Brunson as Dallas is saving $8mm next season.  Unfortunately, both have an Achilles heal.  For Poeltl it is FT's and White is struggling from 3 this season (join the club) but is close to average for his career.  

A center rotation of Poeltl, Powell and Chriss allows you to play the same way throughout the game.  I think Poeltl's size allows you to play DFS or Luka at the four in a way that is uncomfortable right now with KP's thin frame.  That puts the Powell/Maxi tandem coming off the bench.  Having three primary ball handlers who can all attack the rim is huge.  You kind of have too many wings off the bench between THJ, Green, Bullock if you start the three ball handlers.  Heck, Chriss/Young/Brown and Frank aren't terrible as your 11-14 guys.

SA is about to get Collins back.  KP is locked up while Poeltl is on a cheap deal that will expire in a year (so a good time to move him).  White is blocking Primo, Walker and Vassel at SG and Young is not part of their LT plan.  They can do a 3/2, but probably not a 3/1.  I have no problem at all making this KP/Moses or even KP/Bullock/Moses.  Thankfully they don't need Green with the young wings they already have.  I worry that they might want Maxi as part of this deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ReunionMav
Like Reply
I don't think I'm ever going to understand the obsession of the majority of posters on this board with dumping KP at almost any cost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BackToSquareOne's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 11:50 AM)BackToSquareOne Wrote: I don't think I'm ever going to understand the obsession of the majority of posters on this board with dumping KP at almost any cost.
In answer to Dan, ya, I never thought a 3 fer 1 deal was acceptable, just didn’t really care what small piece we let go as the second player so I left that off in haste. Could be a take your pick of one of Burke, MB, or SB if it’s any of the others, we need to talk about more compensation.

Now, BTSO, can you please tell me how White and Poeltl are worth so little as to say this is a dump? I’ll sit and listen.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 11:50 AM)BackToSquareOne Wrote: I don't think I'm ever going to understand the obsession of the majority of posters on this board with dumping KP at almost any cost.

I don't know if wanting to trade KP is dumping on him. He has some obvious flaws and his health is always a concern. That limits the team.

Of course some downplay his advantages as well. He truly is a unicorn with a unique offensive skillset and his defense has returned to stifling levels. 

To some his downsides are enough to cap this team and he must be removed if the Mavs want to advance. That is the roadblock that can't be avoided when talking about improving the Mavs. Thus, it has to be brought up every time when a move is discussed.

To others (myself included), KP is still a valuable asset and player. A good 2nd option and an even better 3rd option. When on the court he is a positive impact player and can certainly help this team to a championship. 

I agree the divide between the factions gets tiring as we're talking in circles to the point even a trade discussion of him can be seen as dumping on him. For now the Mavs are playing well with KP and I'm excited to see where we go.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, ReunionMav, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I was always in the camp of getting back at least the value we gave when trading for him. The reason? We’ll ALWAYS be holding our breath every single time he goes down thinking is this the one time that either ends his career or he misses the playoffs? I think he’s at the tradable point where we can extract at least the value we gave up, if not more.

I’ve also been a proponent of this team needing to be Robin Hood and his merry men. This trade, IMO, does this.
Like Reply

Feel like this is greatly undervaluing a return of Poeltl and White.  The are both high quality NBA starters, something this team desperately needs.  They also address the biggest issues KP presents which are fit and availability.  

I feel like White and Brunson are a little redundant (Brunson is a better creator and White is a much better defender).  Given the uncertainty around Brunson, I would be up for trading THJ+Brunson for a quality (possibly overpriced) 3&D player.  That still leaves you with Powell/Maxi/Bullock/Green/Frank bench.  Depending on the quality of the 3&D player (maybe you throw in a pick) that could be a contender.

EDIT: Actually as I think about it, this might be a situation where Grant makes some sense as the #2 option.  Trade Brunson to NY for Kemba and two picks.  Send THJ and NY pick for Grant.  Now you have a starting lineup of Poeltl/Grant/DFS/Luka/White and all of your picks.
Like Reply
(01-19-2022, 01:12 PM)mvossman Wrote: Feel like this is greatly undervaluing a return of Poeltl and White.  The are both high quality NBA starters, something this team desperately needs.  They also address the biggest issues KP presents which are fit and availability.  

I feel like White and Brunson are a little redundant (Brunson is a better creator and White is a much better defender).  Given the uncertainty around Brunson, I would be up for trading THJ+Brunson for a quality (possibly overpriced) 3&D player.  That still leaves you with Powell/Maxi/Bullock/Green/Frank bench.  Depending on the quality of the 3&D player (maybe you throw in a pick) that could be a contender.

EDIT: Actually as I think about it, this might be a situation where Grant makes some sense as the #2 option.  Trade Brunson to NY for Kemba and two picks.  Send THJ and NY pick for Grant.  Now you have a starting lineup of Poeltl/Grant/DFS/Luka/White and all of your picks.

I would have been up for that a few days ago. After reading about Grant's desire to be the #1 option and his extension demands, I'm out on him.
Like Reply
test test test test
Like Reply
received received received received
Like Reply
Thanks.  Still not working like I want...oh well.
Like Reply
(01-28-2022, 12:24 PM)Davemo Wrote: Thanks.  Still not working like I want...oh well.

What're you trying to do? Maybe I (or another mod) can help figure it out.
Like Reply