Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
62.50%
5 62.50%
Grizzlies
37.50%
3 37.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 42: DAL (23-19) @ MEM (30-15) | 112-85 win
Heart 
[Image: special-talent.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • burekemde, ClutchDirk
Like Reply
Bad last game by Luka which is rare. Team missing so many open shots. It will get a lot better this game. I don't believe Memphis are as strong as advertised, but they are pretty good. Dallas is a stronger team in playoffs. This will be really interesting matchup, since chances are we might meet them in playoffs as well.
Like Reply
IMO this is a barometer game for Luka. 

Going against a YOUNGER guy who just passed him in All Star voting and who is being anointed by the league as the next big thing and is in MVP conversations when Luka is completely left out. 

We know the competitive fire is in him....but is he physically capable at this time to step it up and show he is the better player?
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 09:17 AM)Kammrath Wrote: IMO this is a barometer game for Luka. 

Going against a YOUNGER guy who just passed him in All Star voting and who is being anointed by the league as the next big thing and is in MVP conversations when Luka is completely left out. 

We know the competitive fire is in him....but is he physically capable at this time to step it up and show he is the better player?

How is the club scene in Memphis?

Just joking Big Grin (hopefully)
[-] The following 2 users Like sefant's post:
  • fifteenth, Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 11:33 AM)sefant Wrote: How is the club scene in Memphis?

Just joking Big Grin (hopefully)

ever heard of Beale Street?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...9309147143
Like Reply
They'll need contributions from EVERYBODY to pull off a win.  Not just 2 or 3 players, and it still might not be enough.  Memphis is legit. They've proven it to this point. But things can go sideways in a hurry. so we'll see how they pan out.
Like Reply
woah, late game
Like Reply
Luka sure looks different in the picture..
[-] The following 1 user Likes LifeAquatic's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
In a beautiful cycle, the Mavs have had their streak broken and thus should pay it forward by breaking one themselves. Must win game.
[-] The following 4 users Like DrMav's post:
  • Hypermav, ItsGoTime, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 06:32 PM)DrMav Wrote: In a beautiful cycle, the Mavs have had their streak broken and thus should pay it forward by breaking one themselves. Must win game.

Kudos for keeping the bit going through this mind-number of a season. I'm sure it has been tough at times.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1482151814388666368
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 09:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1482151814388666368

Hilarious clip.

Frank canning a stream of not completely realistic mid-range pull jumper simulations - making the most of what will be his only time on the court tonight - unless garbage time kicks in.

Moses, otoh, seems to be trying to invent how to shoot free throws. Without any coaching input. And at some point last season his FT shot and FT%age weren't too bad.
Like Reply
Want to see a better effort here after it appeared the team took last game off. That would be more forgivable if they were circling this one to end Memphis' win streak
Like Reply
Ok Luka....let's do this!!!
Like Reply
Didn´t like the spacing on the first two possessions. And they are just making it harder on themself with the slow pace. Takes nearly 10s to get into the first action.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Luka looks discouraged to me....frustrated (at himself I think) and "down in the dumps" if you will.
Like Reply
Making sure I am doing some good body language reading for @"fifteenth"!
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 10:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka looks discouraged to me....frustrated (at himself I think) and "down in the dumps" if you will.

Take the Luka focus off for a second...who doesn´t. So far it looks like the Knicks game. Sloppy and slow. Of course the best player should take over and carry the team in a situation like this but Luka isn´t going to get in peak shape over night. Ankle issue is lingering.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BackToSquareOne
Like Reply
At least Luka is making the floaters again. He missed like 1,000 of those against New York.

DFS is such a treasure.
Like Reply