FA: DAL signs Marquese Chriss (6'9", 7'0.25" WS) to two year deal
Information 
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...4584453124
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1472990374440353796
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1472995328756441088
Like Reply
FINALLY CUBAN GOT HIS marque(s)e FA SIGNING.

[Image: self-high-five-high-five.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • chaparral, dirkfansince1998, juanc, khaled1987, KillerLeft, michaeltex, Tyler
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 01:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: FINALLY CUBAN GOT HIS marque(s)e FA SIGNING.

[Image: QQHcww2.gif]
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 01:56 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: FINALLY CUBAN GOT HIS marque(s)e FA SIGNING.

Even a former lottery pick!
Like Reply
Why don't we just call up Feron?
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • luka_skywalker_77
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 04:47 PM)cow Wrote: Why don't we just call up Feron?

This.
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 05:51 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: This.

Because it would make too much sense?
Like Reply
Some call Marquis Chriss a hardship signing, me, I call it a tryout for Willie's spot.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 2 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, MFFL
Like Reply
Wait a second. I just checked Marquese Chriss on BB ref. It looks like he's never been on the New York Knicks. How did we find this guy?
[-] The following 5 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • BasketballJones41, khaled1987, KillerLeft, michaeltex, TXBamanut
Like Reply
The problem with Youtube is it sometimes makes a player look like a HOFer.

Although you watch these highlights and wish, man I wish we had a guy who could do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Noje-MH1FTA&t=292s
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 06:53 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Some call Marquis Chriss a hardship signing, me, I call it a tryout for Willie's spot.

That is interesting.   Is there any recourse if WCS isn't able to join the team anytime soon?   Is there any hardship there or would the Mavs need to  cut someone to add a fulltime player?
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 08:55 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: That is interesting.   Is there any recourse if WCS isn't able to join the team anytime soon?   Is there any hardship there or would the Mavs need to  cut someone to add a fulltime player?

They'd have to cut someone probably or waive Willie, but he's on the last year of his deal.  Unfortunately, it's not a minimum deal and fully guaranteed (thanks, Donnie).  4.1 million.

On the half serious tip with WCS...I do wonder if his absence (TOTAL CONJECTURE, JUST A GUESS BASED ON NOTHING much) is due to mental health stuff.  He's just seemed way more off than normal on the court, and this long term personal reasons stuff going into like a month, smells a whole lot like a guy who just is done playing and is just not retiring to allow us to use his salary in a trade or he's really mentally out on his.  For some reason, makes me think of Ty Terry.  WCS has always come off like a bit of a distracted artist, so I don't know.  THAT'S total and complete conjecture, I have no source, don't know anything and am just thinking out loud (on messageboard) than anything.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
[-] The following 3 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • MFFL, ReunionMav, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 06:53 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Some call Marquis Chriss a hardship signing, me, I call it a tryout for Willie's spot.

Honestly the same vibe I got. 

I'm pretty sure the Mavs are keeping WCS away from the team like they did with Terry due to mental health concerns. This is all hersay of course, but   he just doesn't care about basketball. WCS said himself that basketball was secondary to him. 

Only reason why the Mavs haven't waived him yet cause I'm sure they'd rather use his 4 mil for salary matching purposes than eat the contract if they have to.

Chris fits the same mold as WCS and for a bad Warriors team put up a respectable 9ppg and 6rpg. Could do a lot worse for a COVID replacement player.

Edit: LOL just read your second post and your thoughts were pretty much the same as mine.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • TXBamanut
Like Reply
(12-20-2021, 11:57 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Mavs are keeping WCS away from the team like they did with Terry due to mental health concerns. This is all hersay of course, but   he just doesn't care about basketball. WCS said himself that basketball was secondary to him.

This could very well be exactly what's happening. 

What has been rolling around in my head is this: Are the Mavs under any obligation to report covid-19 cases the same way for everyone, like knee injuries, for example, or do the players each have some say in whether or not their status concerning that hot-button is disclosed? Is it possible that he was simply the first player on the team to contract the virus this year? 

I'm not sure, and I've been meaning to bring this up. I keep forgetting. Any lawyers in the house?
Like Reply
(12-21-2021, 12:05 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This could very well be exactly what's happening. 

What has been rolling around in my head is this: Are the Mavs under any obligation to report covid-19 cases the same way for everyone, like knee injuries, for example, or do the players each have some say in whether or not their status concerning that hot-button is disclosed? Is it possible that he was simply the first player on the team to contract the virus this year? 

I'm not sure, and I've been meaning to bring this up. I keep forgetting. Any lawyers in the house?

More likely that is the case. Or maybe somebody in his family has a severe case. I think it´s a huge stretch to assume he lost interest in playing basketball.
Like Reply
Surprised nobody has brought up, what an endearing weird personality the guy has...

[-] The following 2 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • fifteenth, MFFL
Like Reply
(12-21-2021, 03:01 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Surprised nobody has brought up, what an endearing weird personality the guy has...

This actually makes me like the addition more. This guy is straight up dirty. And that makes him a great addition to a team with not much going for it if everybody's out. And when an important player is ready to come back all they'll have to do is wait for Chriss to make a dirty play and slide back into the lineup after he gets tossed
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I shouldn´t be disappointed by a hardship signing but somehow I am. Bring in a vet that can actually help for a couple of games (Vonleh, Aminu, Patterson) or take a flyer on a young guy and see if he can earn a roster spot. Feels like the Mavs did neither. What is the goal right now? Win at all costs or develop the roster and improve the overall talent.
Would have prefered someone like Sekou Doumobouya, Harry Giles or even Feron Hunt for the big wing/small ball big role. If there ever was a time to give younger guys some playing time it is right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply