Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Times
David Lord (@DLord_DBdotcom) Tweeted:

DMN has $OLD OUT their front page to what they admit is fake news. A fake front page, deceptively made to look just like their front page, blatantly sold to political partisans. If you share my disgust at this #fakenews, please retweet Ed Werder's post to all your friends. https://t.co/0Q3YcCHUiS https://twitter.com/DLord_DBdotcom/statu...18593?s=20
Like Reply
I like David and his posts. Is he talking more politics than basketball these days? Regarding the DMN thing, selling an ad that pretends to the the front page of a major newspaper and is a political ad is pretty crazy.
Like Reply
I definitely wish DLord would come here and post his Cap analysis stuff...that always elevated our professional game a lot...

It would help rise the standards of this board imo.
Like Reply
That's pretty shitty, but if they had sold it to conservative PAC I doubt David would have had any complaints.  I would say if you don't like it don't buy the paper, but no one was buying the paper anyways, which is why they were willing to sell a fake front page ad.

Is this morally any different than Sports Illustrated selling their name to a fake sports media company, or Fish selling (renting?) DallasBasketball.com to that fake media company?
Like Reply
@"Benskix2" once upon a time news papers were held to a higher journalistic standard than the internet news free for all, but maybe that's not the case anymore
Like Reply
(11-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: That's pretty shitty, but if they had sold it to conservative PAC I doubt David would have had any complaints.  I would say if you don't like it don't buy the paper, but no one was buying the paper anyways, which is why they were willing to sell a fake front page ad.

Is this morally any different than Sports Illustrated selling their name to a fake sports media company, or Fish selling (renting?) DallasBasketball.com to that fake media company?

(11-22-2019, 02:15 PM)fifteenth Wrote: @"Benskix2"  once upon a time news papers were held to a higher journalistic standard than the internet news free for all, but maybe that's not the case anymore

They can no longer afford to hold themselves to a higher standard sadly.  Soaking up pet urine is the best use of a newspaper these days.
Like Reply
David Lord is a known racist from the boomer era. I dig up people backgrounds for a living so I know exactly what kind of person he is.
Like Reply
Meh... so long as he isn’t exposing racist views on the boards which I’ve never seen him do on dB.com then I don’t care 

People like to have political and religious debates in the rote I really don’t care what people think far left or far right I think most all of y’all are insane these days hahaha 

All I care about is his cap knowledge and it’s a useful addition to the conversation and that’s what matters to me.

I’m against shutting up views just because I disagree with them 

The ugliest of voices still deserve a voice 

Censorship only empowers hatred

So to want people you disagree with politically tojut not post? Isn’t wise nor do I support it 

I think all voices should be heard... especially ones the majority disagree with

The marketplace of ideas and all

It is better to hear hatred than to hide from it and to ignore it 

That is far more dangerous than allowing them to speak
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 12:19 AM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: David Lord is a known racist

Whatever dude. You're ridiculous.
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 01:25 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 12:19 AM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: David Lord is a known racist

Whatever dude. You're ridiculous.

Yeah, that's a big accusation.

If it's known then it shouldn't be a problem to back it up with some evidence, right?
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 10:05 AM)WillE Wrote: If it's known then it shouldn't be a problem to back it up with some evidence, right?

If he thinks someone is racist he should go talk to that person about it instead of spreading a rumor where the target can't answer for himself.

Leveling an accusation at someone intentionally in a place where they can't respond is cowardly and irresponsible at the very least.
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 12:19 AM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: David Lord is a known racist from the boomer era. I dig up people backgrounds for a living so I know exactly what kind of person he is.

David Lord may be many things, but I've never once, over many years, heard him say anything racist. You should take this post down.
Formerly known as tweetbonk7
Like Reply
(11-23-2019, 12:27 AM)Magickian Wrote: Meh... so long as he isn’t exposing racist views on the boards which I’ve never seen him do on dB.com then I don’t care 

People like to have political and religious debates in the rote I really don’t care what people think far left or far right I think most all of y’all are insane these days hahaha 

All I care about is his cap knowledge and it’s a useful addition to the conversation and that’s what matters to me.

I’m against shutting up views just because I disagree with them 

The ugliest of voices still deserve a voice 

Censorship only empowers hatred

So to want people you disagree with politically tojut not post? Isn’t wise nor do I support it 

I think all voices should be heard... especially ones the majority disagree with

The marketplace of ideas and all

It is better to hear hatred than to hide from it and to ignore it 

That is far more dangerous than allowing them to speak

Nobody said he shouldn't be allowed to post but certainly we too are free to say someone is a racist if we so choose. I doubt he cares what we think about him anyway. Ya'll are the ones wanting to not allow Sportychannel to have his opinion that DLord is a racist. You are free to disagree
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 11:42 AM)robillionaire Wrote: Nobody said he shouldn't be allowed to post but certainly we too are free to say someone is a racist if we so choose.

Are we talking about freedom? Sporty exercises his freedom and then I exercised mine in calling him ridiculous and what he said cowardly and irresponsible.
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 01:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:42 AM)robillionaire Wrote: Nobody said he shouldn't be allowed to post but certainly we too are free to say someone is a racist if we so choose.

Are we talking about freedom? Sporty exercises his freedom and then I exercised mine in calling him ridiculous and what he said cowardly and irresponsible.

Yeah nothing wrong with you having that reaction my post was in response to those saying he should delete his post and rich5th post about marketplace of ideas
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(11-27-2019, 03:36 PM)robillionaire Wrote: Nobody said he shouldn't be allowed to post but certainly we too are free to say someone is a racist if we so choose. I doubt he cares what we think about him anyway. Ya'll are the ones wanting to not allow Sportychannel to have his opinion that DLord is a racist. You are free to disagree

@"robillionaire" I didnt say he couldnt say it... quite the opposite. I said people could say what they want and feel how they want and be what they want. From a racist to someone who thinks someone else is a racist. Both sides are free to be whatever... so long as slurs are not said I said it is fine.

So idk why you lumped me into such a statement especially when you quoted me.... I clearly stated people are free to be whatever

(11-27-2019, 11:25 PM)Magickian Wrote: I’m against shutting up views just because I disagree with them 
Like Reply
David Lord is the fake news here. The advertisement is for an Amazon movie. It’s not a political ad. Also, no one actually looks at this and thinks it is real news. The whole point of fake news is to dupe the reader into thinking they are reading correct information that is actually purposely false. This is the equivalent of a pop up ad on a website. Annoying for sure, but no attempt to mislead. It has nothing to do with politics, but David decided to go there for some reason.
Like Reply