Poll: How do you grade this contract?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
5.41%
2 5.41%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
43.24%
16 43.24%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
40.54%
15 40.54%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
10.81%
4 10.81%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: THJ to DAL for 4 yrs/$74M
(08-03-2021, 09:52 AM)Kidnova Wrote: Am I just old or is this simply recency bias?  No Blackman, Harper, Finley, or even Harris?

Well, I think you might be taking the conversation more seriously than it was intended, but I DO like DFS. A lot. 

I'm obviously familiar with Blackman and Harper, but they were before my time as a fan. I came in about a year before Cuban bought the team. I love Finley, Harris, Howard and a hundred other Mavs. 

I just love me some DFS. Worked his way up from undrafted to the leading minute-player on a playoff team, and one of its most crucial players. Never complains about anything, just plays hard. As @"cow" said, he's just an easy player to root for.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DrMav
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 09:46 AM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: How effective THJ is with Luka and how is he without him

[Image: Screenshot-2021-08-03-10.02.58-AM.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
Cato said Timmy was going to get 4/80 from another team.  So I guess we got a discount if we believe his report of what he was told.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 11:20 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Cato said Timmy was going to get 4/80 from another team.  So I guess we got a discount if we believe his report of what he was told.

deja vu...DETROIT!
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/DevNowitzki/status/1...4239466502
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Fuerza1, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I'm a little mad at the Mavs for this, but I can't be mad at Timmy after hearing he turned down more $$$ to stay with us.  Heart
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Hypermav, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/DevNowitzki/status/1...4239466502

Too bad we didn’t Neo that bullet.  Tongue
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/DevNowitzki/status/1...4239466502

Timmy would probably injure himself trying to bearhug lift Zion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 12:20 AM)cow Wrote: Timmy would probably injure himself trying to bearhug lift Zion.

I am not sure Timmy would be the one hurt you know with THJ having to stand on Zion's shoes and all...
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 09:52 AM)Kidnova Wrote: Am I just old or is this simply recency bias?  No Blackman, Harper, Finley, or even Harris?  Obviously this is all subjective, but I don't get the huge amount of love throw at DFS on this board.  I like him, but lots of Mavs I'd put above him.

I like underdogs a lot.  If I wasn't a German who grew up in Fort Worth, Dirk probably...who am I kidding, even if Dirk wasn't a goat, I'd love him because he's one of the nicest super star pro athletes of all time.  I like Tyson because Cuban did him dirty twice and I really don't like Cuban.  He was also the 2nd biggest reason we won that chip.  JJ is the ultimate underdog is his relief efforts for his home country are amazing.  DFS is just my favorite current Mav.  He's a good kid who works his ass off to maximize his potential.  He's also great at cursing on broadcast and on-the-fly AV repair.  I'm not sure where he'd be on my all-time Mavs list, but he is number four for this conversation so I can win the fight with KL.
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 09:52 AM)Kidnova Wrote: Am I just old or is this simply recency bias?  No Blackman, Harper, Finley, or even Harris?  Obviously this is all subjective, but I don't get the huge amount of love throw at DFS on this board.  I like him, but lots of Mavs I'd put above him.

One of my favorites was Erick Strickland
[-] The following 2 users Like soog's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
My big favorites down through the years: Ro, Kidd, Fin, Dirk, DFS
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 07:53 AM)fifteenth Wrote: My big favorites down through the years: Ro, Kidd, Fin, Dirk, DFS

That's a "real ones" list right there, my guy.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 12:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's a "real ones" list right there, my guy.

Is it suddenly cool not to like Luka?  Huh Huh Huh If so, I'll stay outside of that clique, tyvm.
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 12:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Is it suddenly cool not to like Luka?  Huh Huh Huh If so, I'll stay outside of that clique, tyvm.

Nah, I just like his picks. It's an interesting group that only a true Mavs fan would compile, no? I'm sure @"fifteenth" loves Luka!
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 07:53 AM)fifteenth Wrote: My big favorites down through the years: Ro, Kidd, Fin, Dirk, DFS

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 12:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Is it suddenly cool not to like Luka?  Huh Huh Huh If so, I'll stay outside of that clique, tyvm.

First, not trying to be cool! Ro was my fave when I was like 15 to 17 years old. Then Fin was my fave when I felt like I was the only Mavs fan on the planet. Then DFS became my fave because of his work to go from undrafted to what he is now. And it WAS NOT cool at all when I started saying that it was time for DFS to start and the whole forum was saying I was crazy. 

But here's the deal. That's my FAVORITE list, not my LOVE list. Notice I just have one player per era in FAVES. 

Want my LOVE list? The lets add

Harp
Tarp
Big Smooth < almost a fave
Jimmy Jackson
Mash
Chris Gatling < I konw, what can I say, I'm a Mavs fan
Strick
Anstey
Nash
Nick the Quick
JET
JJB
The whole Finishing Five
Vince
THJ
Luka

And that list probably isn't complete. I just rushed through it. And they're not all on the same love level. 

If it helps....Luka is just below DFS on the love level. *shrug*

I mean, that means I love Luka LOTS
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 12:58 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

dog gone

you know what

JJB has to go on the FAVE list

I've just created a JJB era in my mind, his second stint, when the JJB lead second unit was our only source of joy, and when old man JJB had some of the best, most insane games of his career, leading that YMCA teams to some wins.
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(08-04-2021, 01:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote: dog gone

you know what

JJB has to go on the FAVE list

I've just created a JJB era in my mind, his second stint, when the JJB lead second unit was our only source of joy, and when old man JJB had some of the best, most insane games of his career, leading that YMCA teams to some wins.
Man, I had some JJB hate when he was here the first time. The championship helped subside his constant pounding of the ball. His second stint made me love him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Not being a favorite doesn't mean we don't like Luka.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply