Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-03-2021, 02:49 PM)fifteenth Wrote:  

I know right! Especially with the season starting tomorrow and all.

Better watch out or other post will complain about the toxicity...or maybe I just suck at sarcasm and need to flag those posts.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:53 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: MacMahon & Lowe think the Mavs could be done. Okay then. Good night.

Posturing.....right? 

RIGHT?

RIGHT?
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:50 PM)cow Wrote: KP is hurt a lot so I can understand wanting depth, but geez, there isn't a complete player in that pu pu platter.

-Maxi good defender who can shoot threes.
-Powell bring energy, used to be an elite lob threat.
-WCS can play good defense at times.
-Boban is a good team guy, used to be elite offensively
-Brown is an elite rebounder and can block shots.  Are we keeping him?

Rebounding is still going to be an issue for this team.

Yeah, that is frustrating.

Also, you might want to listen to the Locked on Thunder about Moses Brown... They have a different take on him being elite at anything.  I really hope they are wrong.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:53 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: MacMahon & Lowe think the Mavs could be done. Okay then. Good night.

This is one bet I didn't want to win.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:54 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Better watch out or other post will complain about the toxicity...or maybe I just suck at sarcasm and need to flag those posts.

Looks like I'm the only one that complained about the toxicity. 

You may not have seen it in that thread. I apologized for skewing personal. Seriously. My bad on that.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:55 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Yeah, that is frustrating.

Also, you might want to listen to the Locked on Thunder about Moses Brown... They have a different take on him being elite at anything.  I really hope they are wrong.

Stats on a bad team?  Empty calories?  I only read that Boston breakdown I posted.  From the videos I watched, the kid has a motor.
Like Reply
Siakam feels too rich. 

How about KP + Terry/DFS for OG Anunoby + Dragic?
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Posturing.....right? 

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

Let's check the test.

Question:  Do I want them to be done?

Answer:. no

Test result:. They are done.
[-] The following 3 users Like TXBamanut's post:
  • fifteenth, From Dirk to Luka, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:55 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Yeah, that is frustrating.

He knows how to stuff the boxscore. Per36 he is already in the Whiteside/Drummond category. More often than not chasing rebounds or blocks doesn´t translate to winning impact. I did not watch enough OKC games to have an opinion. His boxscore numbers are intriguing. His +/- numbers are terrible. Just difficult to evaluate players on tanking teams.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Posturing.....right? 

RIGHT?

RIGHT?

I think it's gotta be. But, I mean, one thing about attempting a bluff...you gotta be willing to suffer the consequense. 

If you tell the boss you're gonna leave for more money if you don't get a raise...you have to be willing to follow through.
Like Reply

That would be really depressing.  Not sure if this roster is better than from a year ago.

Last year we had hopes Richardson would provide defense and solid shooting.   It didn't work out.  We hope Bullock fits this bill.    Some, not me, was counting on James Johnson to be a solid big wing piece.  Now we don't even have that.   And last offseason, we could at least point to this offseason where we would fill out our roster.  Now we are here and the roster looks the same.  Pretty limited.    

Just real disappointing if this is the outcome.  And my grade would not be raised substantially with Goran either.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:57 PM)cow Wrote: Stats on a bad team?  Empty calories?  I only read that Boston breakdown I posted.  From the videos I watched, the kid has a motor.

I really hope so.  The OKC crew said he goes for every block way too much, ends up or of position defectively.  Doesn't block out... Stuff like that.

I was genuinely surprised.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:57 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Looks like I'm the only one that complained about the toxicity. 

You may not have seen it in that thread. I apologized for skewing personal. Seriously. My bad on that.

I went to bed. If you really felt triggered or super annoyed by my posts I am sorry. I already tried to tone it down today.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...81801?s=21

Bulls going all in and they are stupid
Like Reply
Hmmm Derozan going to the Bulls and Thad Young and future first going to the Spurs.

3 year 85 million for Derozan.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...32193?s=21

Oh my!
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 02:35 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Nash 38 with a bad back.
Payton 35
Malone 40

Westbrook is 32. Davis is 28. Completely different stages of their careers. If this goes horribly wrong, then it has to be 37 year old LeBron completely falling apart.

Also Lakers still won 56 games with the old farts and made it to the NBA finals.

And Kobe was 25, Shaq was 32 and still very much 1st team all-NBA, and there was no one named Nash on that team. Davis' consistent injury history was as big a factor in their drop-off last year as the fact that Lebron is finallying starting to show his age.
[-] The following 2 users Like Arioch's post:
  • fifteenth, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
RE: The Mavs Possibly Being "Done"

One way to look at roster building is by looking at a roster and assessing its weaknesses. From an impact perspective, the Mavs had TWO giant weaknesses last year in their main rotation:

1) JRich (-6.3)

2) KP (-3.4)

The Mavs addressed the single most glaring issue by getting rid of JR and upgrading him.

The KP problem they are either 1) going to try to address with coaching or 2) are going to address through a trade at some point.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:02 PM)VintagePejav2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status...32193?s=21

Oh my!

AND the Bulls management are idiots. Wow. That team is going to be an abomination of weird pieces.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:01 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I went to bed. If you really felt triggered or super annoyed by my posts I am sorry. I already tried to tone it down today.

Thanks, df. Honestly, I don't think you owe me an apology. Your beef is with the Mavs not me. I'm not going to lie, I definately let myself get triggered! But that's no excuse. Again, sorry about aiming my frustration at you.
Like Reply