Poll: How do you grade this signing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
"A" - Bargain deal on a great player!
4.00%
2 4.00%
"B" - Good deal. This is what you have to pay for great shooters.
54.00%
27 54.00%
"C" - Slight overpay, but the fit and player are good.
28.00%
14 28.00%
"D" - There were better players and options, but the contract will be fine.
12.00%
6 12.00%
"F" - Big overpay on a terrible player!
2.00%
1 2.00%
Total 50 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FA: Reggie Bullock to DAL for 3 yrs/$30.5M (using MLE)
Information 
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...1418665986
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
41% from 3PT land on 6 attempts per game last season.
Like Reply
He was a stand out player last season. I am hoping for the best on this one!
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
Nico signing wings who can make a 3 at a cheap price, how refreshing!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fuerza1's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Mavs turning into that FA destination I see. Finally.
Like Reply
IF this cuts into the MLE I am probably not on board as much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SkenfromLMF's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...7629481991
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:23 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: IF this cuts into the MLE I am probably not on board as much.

Well it has to, unless you think he plays for the minimum. I bet it´s also the full MLE. This franchise is out of control.

They have signed

Bullock
Brown
THJ
Boban

and we are down to the 10.8 TPE to upgrade the rest of the roster!!!

Can you really sit there and lie to yourself saying that this was your idea of the MLE+ BaE?

Furthermore this now gives Ujiri all the leverage, cause where else are we supposed to get play-making from the open market now? Ujiri probably figured Dragic wasn´t so bad for Lowry, cause he can bend over the Mavs and generate his value there.
Like Reply
Hollinger estimated $7.5mm.  Here is the write up.

11. Reggie Bullock, Knicks: $7,650,725

The Knicks are in a great position to re-sign Bullock with early Bird rights because he will only count for $5.46 million against their cap space regardless of the amount for which he eventually signs.

In Bullock’s case, that might not be too much higher anyway, but as a starter on a playoff team, it’s not crazy to think he’d have offers at the full midlevel exception. He’s a 31-year-old, low-usage player, so we’re not talking about any kind of upside here, but he also shot 41.0 percent from 3 last season and played solid D. I’d look for the Knicks to lock him in at two years and $15-20 million.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:32 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Hollinger estimated $7.5mm.  Here is the write up.

11. Reggie Bullock, Knicks: $7,650,725

The Knicks are in a great position to re-sign Bullock with early Bird rights because he will only count for $5.46 million against their cap space regardless of the amount for which he eventually signs.

In Bullock’s case, that might not be too much higher anyway, but as a starter on a playoff team, it’s not crazy to think he’d have offers at the full midlevel exception. He’s a 31-year-old, low-usage player, so we’re not talking about any kind of upside here, but he also shot 41.0 percent from 3 last season and played solid D. I’d look for the Knicks to lock him in at two years and $15-20 million.

What did he estimate THJ at?
Like Reply
Korkmaz signed for 15/3 with the Sixers. Goddamn Mavs.  24 year old, virtually the same numbers as Bullock in 10 MPG less. I´m really curious how much the Mavs overpaid on this one.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:38 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Korkmaz signed for 15/3 with the Sixers. Goddamn Mavs.  24 year old, virtually the same numbers as Bullock in 10 MPG less. I´m really curious how much the Mavs overpaid on this one.

Do you have anything positive to say about the Bullock signing? 

Just wondering.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:34 PM)cow Wrote: What did he estimate THJ at?

$12 point something.

BTW, Bullock started 64 games last season and 83 of 94 games in two years in NY
Like Reply
@"Mavs2021" favorite metric is age
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • audiosway, embellisher
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:39 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Do you have anything positive to say about the Bullock signing? 

Just wondering.

No not really, yet. Unless the number is a lot less than I expect. But I get it, you started FA thinking please let us sign 30 year old Reggie Bullock with the MLE.
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:40 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: $12 point something.

BTW, Bullock started 64 games last season and 83 of 94 games in two years in NY

Is this where I get nervous?
Like Reply
I just want to know when are they going to get a PG?
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:45 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I just want to know when are they going to get a PG?

Probably sending a future first rounder, Powell and Brunson to Toronto for Dragic.
Like Reply
Have to wait for the contract number. My best guess right now. Brown and Bullock split the MLE.
Bigger concern right now. Mavs are running out of roster spots.

Doncic/Brunson/Burke/Terry
THJ/Bullock/Green (Hinton)
DFS/Brown
Kleber
KP/Powell/Boban/Brown/WCS

We are done. 15 spots. And I am not even counting Hinton. Someone has to go (Powell, WCS, Burke).
Like Reply
(08-02-2021, 06:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Brown

I think he is BaE

(08-02-2021, 06:46 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Someone has to go (Powell, WCS, Burke).

I think Mavs are done signing FA (unless SnT). Now trading starts
Like Reply