Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
I would give OKC 18 and 31 for Rubio and Oubre. If they take Wright, JJ and Powell for matching. Not saying they would, but that's what I'd do.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I would give OKC 18 and 31 for Rubio and Oubre. If they take Wright, JJ and Powell for matching. Not saying they would, but that's what I'd do.

Yeah, that would be amazing. 

But, yeah - they want less guaranteed money, not more.
Like Reply
Reading through the past few pages, man I feel bad. 10th offseason in a row of pipe dreams and creative trade opportunities. C'mon, y'all, we know how this ends.

MBT have little to no assets, "love their boys in blue," and sniff the powder. This is their magnum opus, nothing has changed.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-16-2020, 02:04 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I would give OKC 18 and 31 for Rubio and Oubre. If they take Wright, JJ and Powell for matching. Not saying they would, but that's what I'd do.

Ya, they also want picks, and that is what I'm giving them. That package saves them $6M immediately and they are only in the hole by $3M more next year that they could figure out too.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:10 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Reading through the past few pages, man I feel bad. 10th offseason in a row of pipe dreams and creative trade opportunities. C'mon, y'all, we know how this ends.

MBT have little to no assets, "love their boys in blue," and sniff the powder. This is their magnum opus, nothing has changed.

It's "boys in green" now. Keep up.

(11-16-2020, 02:12 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Ya, they also want picks, and that is what I'm giving them. That package saves them $6M immediately and they are only in the hole by $3M more next year that they could figure out too.

Oh...so you DO think OKC would do this? You said they wouldn't, and I was agreeing with you.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:10 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Reading through the past few pages, man I feel bad. 10th offseason in a row of pipe dreams and creative trade opportunities. C'mon, y'all, we know how this ends.

It seems like you are forgetting the Luka move and KP trade...
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:

All their guaranteed money is gone. Their books are clean
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:14 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: All their guaranteed money is gone. Their books are clean

Rubio has another year after this one. They're getting close, though!
Like Reply
Why would OKC trade Rubio? He's a great veteran fit next to SGA.
Like Reply
Paul's gone to PHX.

The trade will send Paul and Abdel Nader to Phoenix in exchange for for Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Why would OKC trade Rubio? He's a great veteran fit next to SGA.

They may not. I'd think at this point without a team immediately jumping into take him the most likely scenario is they keep him and hope he pulls a Chris Paul and ups his trade value.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Why would OKC trade Rubio? He's a great veteran fit next to SGA.
They're close to 3 max slots open in 2021 with Rubio gone. Maybe they want to sign literally every FA.
Like Reply

They might not, of course. I wouldn't. 

The case for trading him is:

1) to get him to a place he wants to be (this was mentioned by several of the people who have been reporting these rumors)
2) to pick up an additional asset (pick)
3) to remove a year of guaranteed money.

All in all, though, I think you're right that they're probably not desperate to do it. He might be there for the season...until the deadline...idk.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:23 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:

They may not. I'd think at this point without a team immediately jumping into take him the most likely scenario is they keep him and hope he pulls a Chris Paul and ups his trade value.
This. Same as paul. Let rubio lead the youngsters then trade him when he’s expiring in a year for best ROI. Presti isn’t a fool
Like Reply

so shut down the forum, nothing to talk about?

also, I could be wrong, but I feel like I remember a couple of recent trades
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

so shut down the forum, nothing to talk about?

also, I could be wrong, but I feel like I remember a couple of recent trades
But we gave up too much and got trash in return due to MBT incompetence... Wink
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:23 PM)cjeter24 Wrote:

I think it's way more likely this happens. Last year folks wanted to Presti to trade everyone meanwhile they actually finished with a better record than the Mavs and only lost game 7 to the Rockets by two points. OKC wants to be good.

- Green is a huge upgrade over Dort

- Paul is a huge loss but fans think SGA is ready to take the next step. Backfilling Paul with Rubio is a great move.

- Oubre replaces much of Schroeder's scoring

I really like what the Thunder have done so far ....
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:25 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: This. Same as paul. Let rubio lead the youngsters then trade him when he’s expiring in a year for best ROI. Presti isn’t a fool

That could work, sure. The counter argument is that obviously, if Rubio doesn't want to be there then that plan is a DISASTER. Putting a disgruntled vet with some clout in your locker room is the definition of being "a fool."

But, yeah - if Rubio is into it, then it's not a bad plan, unless you think his value is at the peak of what it's ever going to be. 

Then again, Presti is the guy who had three future MVP's on his roster, got no championships out of it and then lost all three of them either during or BEFORE (lol) their primes. So, tbh, he IS kind of a fool, imo.
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:14 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: It seems like you are forgetting the Luka move and KP trade...

The MBT acquired Luka and KP during free agency? News to me!
Like Reply
(11-16-2020, 02:30 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: I think it's way more likely this happens. Last year folks wanted to Presti to trade everyone meanwhile they actually finished with a better record than the Mavs and only lost game 7 to the Rockets by two points. OKC wants to be good.

- Green is a huge upgrade over Dort

- Paul is a huge loss but fans think SGA is ready to take the next step. Backfilling Paul with Rubio is a great move.

- Oubre replaces much of Schroeder's scoring

I really like what the Thunder have done so far ....

Ok, now THIS is interesting. 

You're literally the first person I've seen suggest that what OKC is doing is in any way an attempt to improve THIS YEAR. 

I don't think I agree, but I applaud your ability to think against the grain, and some of what you're saying makes some sense.
Like Reply