Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR dogs & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Rockets
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 68: HOU (41-24) @ DAL (40-28) | 149-153 OT loss
(08-01-2020, 01:25 PM)FunkBoreland Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 04:06 AM)JamesConway Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 09:01 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 08:59 PM)Hypermav Wrote: It was the best of quarters, it was the worst of quarters...

A miracle that it is tied with how bad Luka looked at times and with how stupid Harden has been.

(07-31-2020, 08:59 PM)mtrot Wrote: Boban the Giant can't help it if he's the biggest and strongest!

LOVE that RC is trusting him against small ball.
+7 in 5 minutes.

Did he even get on the court in the 2nd half?

Boban was exposed pretty bad defensively when rockets shot the corner 3
. Its easy to figure if the opposing big man is always close to the rim, leaving your teammate wide open in the corner, dish it out to him. I wish he could at least spread his arms out to at least make the ball handler second guess about passing.

Huh?  Oh, because the Rockets didn't score a bunch of 3's and massively destroy the Mavs defense when Boban was off the floor?  Rolleyes   Trading 2 for 3 is a fine transaction when game time is short and your team has a significant lead on scoreboard.  

Defense is key.  It's half the game literally, but time and score decide the finish.  Coming up with too many empty scoring possessions is the only way to lose a big lead at a certain point in time. Carlisle has to know what that point is and put his team in the best position to keep scoring.

(08-01-2020, 01:06 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Luckily I went away before the 2nd half and only watched this unfold on the highlights. Great game Seth Curry 0% from the field, 50% from the line. Also Boban 6pts, 5 rebs, +7 in five minutes. The only reason you sign Boban, the basketball player, is to see whether he can exploit the other team on offense more than he gets exposed on defense, but yeah what do I know.

That's the problem, what guy's like you and I know is just the obvious stuff.  Rick Carlisle is a basketball coaching savant.  I don't mean that sarcastically.  He really is, but that's the problem. 

He can design one of the most historically potent offenses in league history, but then completely fail to score points when the game is most on the line.  The genius offense bogs down then it's the obvious solutions that escape him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 68: HOU (40-24) @ DAL (40-27) | Jul 31, 8 pm, ESPN - by Dahlsim - 08-02-2020, 04:59 PM