Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Bagley+Livers+2 2nds to WAS | Gallo+Muscala to DET
(01-14-2024, 01:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think there’s probably a little bias and unintentional comparison to those guys, sure. 

However, the main difference I see between us (I think) is that when a player loses opportunities from multiple teams and is jettisoned from multiple teams, despite a high pedigree and large financial reason to hope he works out, I assume the professionals’ reasoning must be sound, mostly because they’d be crazy not to do everything in their power to make it work. An admission that it’s not going to work and that they have just thrown a lottery pick in the dirt (or whatever they paid in trade to acquire) is a big, big deal. I might be wrong, but it has always seemed to me like you tend to stick with your pre-draft opinion in those situations and assume the fault must be on the teams’ parts. 

And for the record, it probably is like that (team’s fault) sometimes. But, I bet it’s the other way more often. Sometimes, a player’s physical ability just isn’t the thing that matters on the bottom line. Sometimes, their personalities are just not work-aroundable.

Even if everything you say is true, it would still have been smarter to just waive him and eat the $12.5M for next year. This deal is Javale McGee levels of stupid.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Bagley+Livers+2 2nds to WAS | Gallo+Muscala to DET - by Mavs2021 - 01-14-2024, 02:21 PM