Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification
My wish-list for 3rd star:

1) Tatum. I know he's never going to be available, but he's decent enough on defense to be a very good fit as the second star next to Luka. That's the "dream big" option. Honorable mentions for DBO are Scottie Barnes and Banchero, who aren't going anywhere.
2) Mikal Bridges. Shorter than most on this list, but qualifies as a big wing by virtue of his ludicrous wingspan. Elite defense, and now elite offense.
3) OG. Not going to get him in-season with our assets. Better start tampering.
4) Butler. I know he doesn't fit the timeline, and Miami certainly isn't going to make him available, but put his mental toughness next to Luka and Lively, and you can start planning the parade if he stays healthy.
5) Jeremi Grant. He definitely benches GW.
6) Avdija. Has the size and defense, good 3p% this year, fits the timeline. Rebounding is lamentable.
7) Lauri. A little lame on the defense, but an excellent scoring/rebounding complement.
8) John Collins. Still don't believe in his defense, but fits otherwise.
9) Siakam. Much lower on my list after seeing his 3p%.
10) PJ Washington. Makes a lot of sense on a certain level, but oof, those advanced stats. Would have to keep him locked in on defense.
11) Kuzma. He's a douche with lots of empty stats, but at least he has some size and scoring ability.
12) Kawhi. Yes, he's a douche, and no, he doesn't fit the timeline, but he's a winner when available. Hmmm.
13) Paul George. I hate this guy, and he doesn't have many useful miles left on him, but he defends better than many.

Notwithstanding KL's protestations that Brooklyn wants two firsts for him, I would still maintain they wouldn't even get one - maybe a pick-swap - for DFS. He's probable cheaper than anyone else on this list, and although he doesn't fit the timeline, we know he fits otherwise. My dream to finish our roster by the end of next summer would be DFS for a package with no FRPs, a backup center on a sneaky-cheap trade, and then OG next summer via sign-and-trade.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Future Mavs FRPs - seeking clarification - by Scott41theMavs - 12-05-2023, 06:12 PM