Poll: How many points will Dinwiddie score? O/U 11.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
46.15%
6 46.15%
Under
53.85%
7 53.85%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN!
I don't know.

On the one hand I agree that Luka being a playmaker is always the best thing. I think the offense does look better when the ball is flying around like a hot potato. 

BUT, if your superstar player is 15-26 after 3 quarters and has all around looked dominant, I'm okay with letting him force shots.  While it might not be the most efficient/best play, there's something to giving the ball to the hottest most skilled hand and telling him make a basket. 

Luka missed 2 wide open layups in the 4th that would've sealed it had they gone in. He really only took 2 wild shots that had no chance (the half court heave in the 2nd, and the turnaround 3pter in the beginning 4th) and 1 was when the game looked out of reach and he was about to sit down. 

I do think we're being overly critical at times. Luka played last night 99% perfect. And at some point it's up to the rest of the guys (JB, Dinwiddie, Maxi, DFS) to step up and be able to carry some of the load when Luka sits even if Luka took a lot of shots that "iced" people out. 

(As an aside JB had 23 points on 8-13 shooting. He didn't seem like he was ice cold despite Luka dominating the ball).
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MrGoat
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 59: DAL (35-24) vs. NOP (23-36): 125-118 WIN! - by SleepingHero - 02-18-2022, 07:52 PM