Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 7.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
86.96%
20 86.96%
Knicks
13.04%
3 13.04%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 11: DAL (6-5) @ NYK (3-9) | 103-106 loss
(11-13-2019, 12:08 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 11:50 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: is it time to hit the panic button just a little bit?

Nah. For me that comes if the Mavs are 13-17 or worse 30 games in. I have long felt that anything around 0.500 ball through 30 games would be great because then you have 50 games to finish the season getting better and making your run for the playoffs. 

To be clear I will be disappointed if the Mavs aren't better than that by quite a bit, but that is just because I see so much promise in this team already.

Thats a measured take. For me however, if the Mavs lose yet another game against "tied for worst team in the NBA" Knicks again, then my expectations for this team are going to fall quicker than the DOW in 08. Right now the Mavs haven't really played good basketball for about 5 games. They've had good moments for sure, but overall they've mostly played down to their competition.

Cleveland, Orlando, Memphis, Washington, Pelicans, Knicks, all were extremely close games for the majority of the time. Playoff hopefuls in the West have to beat those teams, preferably convincingly. 

Losing to the Knicks twice in a week would throw a giant wrench in the Mavs playoff plans. BUT as you say, this team has shown a lot of promise, and a 2nd half run where this team grows and figures it out and start to beat the good teams to make a playoff run isn't out of the question. But that just makes making the playoffs that much harder.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 11: DAL (6-4) @ NYK (2-8) | Nov 14, 7:00 pm TNT - by SleepingHero - 11-13-2019, 02:03 PM