Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-14-2022, 07:36 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: In this particular instance, I can see both sides since I was also surprised by some of your responses too wrt Luka.  You were resorting to hyperboles to dismiss negatives directed at Luka which seemed very different from your usual posts  I too was a recipient of a couple of those from you.
It was never my intent to say anything to offend you, hakeem. I hope I never made a negative personal comment to you, as that is not who I wanted to be as a person, and especially not who I wanted to be with you. I seem to recall telling you this before, but if I am misremembering, I take this opportunity to apologize for annoying you. 

As to your remarks about the use of humor and deletions, I thought they were important enough to comment on in the general suggestions post. 

Thank you for pointing out that my use of “sarcastic hyperbole” can hurt people. I have prided myself on never making negative personal comments, but had not focused as much on how the way an opinion-based post is expressed can be equally hurtful, even if it doesn’t contain any firecracker-type words. I will definitely be more aware of that in my various interactions in life.

(01-15-2022, 10:13 AM)burekemde Wrote: If this does not lead to an official apology, and in case ML doesn't return, I will definitely stop posting and reading this forum as well. What this overall tells me is that we can get attacked in personal manner on this forum for having certain opinions (such as those favouring Luka at the moment, although this is highly irrelevant - it is the concept that is the important). I agree with many posters stating that having single standards is important. No personal-based attacks. Stick to opinion-based basketball posts as ML did.
burekemde, I know how you feel (believe me!), but I didn’t explain my decision to leave as a bid to lead a parade of people in resigning from the board. It occurred to me that it might come across that way, which is why I closed my first mega-post by encouraging people to stay. 

You are a good poster with a lot to add. If you have it in you, I hope you will continue to contribute, at least long enough to see how it goes, and maybe try to improve the things that are bothering you from your position inside the group. I don’t think your and my positions on the board are necessarily the same. As I saw it, I had unfortunately turned into another poster’s latest whipping boy, which eventually became untenable, but there is no reason to think that you will end up in the same boat. 

As for not reading the board posts anymore, heck, even I will probably end up lurking some. Even though I can’t participate in the discussions, I still might want to have the advantage of reading all the great comments! 

But I do genuinely appreciate the support. 
[-] The following 4 users Like mavsluvr's post:
  • burekemde, hakeemfaan, Hogmelon, michaeltex
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread