Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MISSING: Mavsluvr (his last picture)
(01-15-2022, 12:45 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Where I disagree with Kamm, and it comes across p again in his latest clarification, is that regardless of nuances, when a mod tells someone they can leave a board, it will be perceived differently and garner more attention than any words before or after that. Intended or not, it does come across as a veiled threat. Those words certainly caught my attention and so for someone who has contributed so much to this board like mavsluvr has, you can see why he suddenly felt alone as no other mod stepped in to clarify or take control. 

I 100% respect this take. @"fifteenth" has also privately shared the same with me. 

I will never use the language of "leave" again in my discourse here. I have learned my lesson on the illocutionary force of that word and I repent of using it. 

I have repeatedly made as clear as possible that my goal was never to have @"mavsluvr" leave. And that still isn't my goal. And I have also tried to make clear that I have no real power to ban someone. I would NEVER ban someone (and I never have) and even if I did, the other mods would just undo it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Dahlsim, F Gump, fifteenth, hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread